PDA

View Full Version : Mike trout hits 1st at bat HR into bullpen!! Will it go up for sale!

carbonrosa
03-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Mike Trout hit a two run bomb in the first inning into the center bullpen. It looked like a fan was questioning jumping in since it wasn't that far from reach. Nobody was in there so I'm guessing a club house attendant went in and grabbed it. Will it go up for sale!!

frikativ54
03-31-2014, 09:50 PM
I was listening to the game on my computer, so I didn't see where it landed. Trout (and the Angels) have King Felix's number.

MTC
04-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I was listening to the game on my computer, so I didn't see where it landed. Trout (and the Angels) have King Felix's number.

How do you figure? The M's won easily and Felix got the win.

carbonrosa
04-01-2014, 12:41 PM
We posted both our comments before the Mariners decided to crush the Angels. Tough game to watch for me since I'm a huge Cano fan and a Trout /Pujols fan. I want to see all three do well as long as it's not against the Yankees.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Mike Trout hit a two run bomb in the first inning into the center bullpen. It looked like a fan was questioning jumping in since it wasn't that far from reach. Nobody was in there so I'm guessing a club house attendant went in and grabbed it. Will it go up for sale!!

Your question has been answered. Angels have listed it and it is already up to $2,500. Waste of money in my opinion. Way more things I would rather have of Trout's.

gorilla777
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
I'd rather have the home run bat, or a home run bat versus the ball for that matter....

Ben

carbonrosa
04-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Yah, a guy named Miggyscrown won Albert Pujols 497th HR Ball at $4885 and now he's the highest bid with Trouts 67th HR ball at $2650. A lot of money for two baseballs. I'm sure Trouts ball will finish close to $5000. I mean, how many HR balls from both these guys have been authenticated through out there careers? Far less then any Jersey or bat, that's for sure. Still thinking if I should jump in this deep end and bid.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Yah, a guy named Miggyscrown won Albert Pujols 497th HR Ball at $4885 and now he's the highest bid with Trouts 67th HR ball at $2650. A lot of money for two baseballs. I'm sure Trouts ball will finish close to $5000. I mean, how many HR balls from both these guys have been authenticated through out there careers? Far less then any Jersey or bat, that's for sure. Still thinking if I should jump in this deep end and bid.

It has no eye appeal though...its just a ball. With the way the authentication system is heading there will be more than you think.

gorilla777
05-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Couple of bidders are losing it on this item, closed at $4,388

carbonrosa
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm scratching my head on this. Albert Pujols's 497 HR ball sold for $4700 a few days before and now Trouts 67 HR ball selling for $4300. I guess this is the future of pricing for hot players. What happens when more and more HR balls go up for auction? I'm sad to think when these balls hit ebay like so many other gam used Items what the asking price will be. Far out of reach.

calmanagement
05-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm scratching my head on this. Albert Pujols's 497 HR ball sold for $4700 a few days before and now Trouts 67 HR ball selling for $4300. I guess this is the future of pricing for hot players. What happens when more and more HR balls go up for auction? I'm sad to think when these balls hit ebay like so many other gam used Items what the asking price will be. Far out of reach.

I can't disagree more with the premise that more HR balls will be collected. A HR bat is also my favorite item to own but HR baseballs are far more scarce.

First of all many MLB teams don't have a system in place to collect HR baseballs (which is a shame).

For the teams that do collect HR baseballs everything must go perfectly in order for the team to collect the baseball. Namely it must be hit in an area where the team can retrieve the ball (bullpen mostly) That's the biggest roadblock and why MLB authenticated HR baseballs will remain scarce and why premium players will demand premium prices.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-11-2014, 04:29 AM
I can't disagree more with the premise that more HR balls will be collected. A HR bat is also my favorite item to own but HR baseballs are far more scarce.

While it may be true that the MLB authenticated HR balls will be rarer, it's also true that there will be more HR baseballs in the population than HR bats. After all, baseball players tend to be VERY superstitious. I can't imagine a player deciding that each bat only has one HR in it, then giving the bat up after each HR. The much more likely scenario is the player using the HR bat until it breaks or loses its luck factor.

Also, at least in theory, baseball could start installing RFID chips or Q-codes onto each ball, so if a ball is hit out, it would be instantly tracked on some sort of system and "tagged" electronically.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-11-2014, 11:28 AM

First of all many MLB teams don't have a system in place to collect HR baseballs (which is a shame).

For the teams that do collect HR baseballs everything must go perfectly in order for the team to collect the baseball. Namely it must be hit in an area where the team can retrieve the ball (bullpen mostly) That's the biggest roadblock and why MLB authenticated HR baseballs will remain scarce and why premium players will demand premium prices.

If the Brewers authenticated HRs on a daily basis the market would get flooded. They could retrieve nearly every one.

I think the point is in the future that balls value will only go down...and with technology or possibly more authenticating it could plummit in value.