PDA

View Full Version : FS; Chipper Jones 2012 team issued jersey

Roady
03-29-2014, 03:46 PM
For Sale:
Chipper Jones 2012 team issued jersey. MLB hologram # EK 234907
This was bought directly from the Braves and worn in a MLB game in his final season. It even has stains on it as seen beside the MLB logo on the back.
These jersey's were originally $1050 at the team store and they just recently reduced them to $500. I talked to Lisa of the Braves and she said they would not be reduced again and she only had a few left. That was last week.

I traded for it but need the money more than the jersey.

$400 shipped to the USA, you won't find one any cheaper anywhere.
A game used jersey by a future HOF in his final year.

Paypal accepted as family/friends only.
Personal checks and USPS money orders also accepted.

Email is jth4669 (at) gmail (dot) com

slab0meat
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
So are you assuming it's used because of the neck-area stain?

Roady
03-29-2014, 04:06 PM
So are you assuming it's used because of the neck-area stain?

No, I have bought many items from the Braves over the years that are team issued and have photo matched them all. Never had one that I couldn't.

I DO NOT GUARANTEE IT IS GAME USED.
Better?

slab0meat
03-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm merely asking, as your thread title says "issued" and your description says "used". I'm sure someone will be interested quickly.

Dach0sen0ne
03-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Any pics of the wash tag?

Roady
03-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Any pics of the wash tag?

I can get one posted in a little while. Give me a few minutes.

Roady
03-29-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm merely asking, as your thread title says "issued" and your description says "used". I'm sure someone will be interested quickly.

Okay, I answered it.

Roady
03-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Here you go.

Hoosier39
03-29-2014, 05:01 PM
What's the back of the wash tag look like?

Roady
03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
The back of the tag.

jbean023
03-29-2014, 06:27 PM
With the Cubs selling a ton of one game, one series, one homestand ,ect jerseys last year I would say this jersey was at least washed 3 to 4 times. One game the inspection stickers would still be on the back. I have a couple one to two series(3-8 games) jerseys that the back of the wash tags look like this one. So why I can't say if Chipper played in those games, I would be confident this was worn from 3 to 8 games from expierence. If I didn't have a few packages I was paying for I would be all over this.

Roady
03-29-2014, 06:28 PM
jbean023,
I appreciate the post. :)

Roady
03-29-2014, 06:46 PM
The tagging is 48 '12 S9

Wrigley2010
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Does the sleeve have the 1876 Braves patch?

Roady
03-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Does the sleeve have the 1876 Braves patch?

Yes it does.

Wrigley2010
03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Ill take it. I will send payment when I get home which should be no more than an hour.

Hoosier39
03-29-2014, 07:13 PM
With the Cubs selling a ton of one game, one series, one homestand ,ect jerseys last year I would say this jersey was at least washed 3 to 4 times. One game the inspection stickers would still be on the back. I have a couple one to two series(3-8 games) jerseys that the back of the wash tags look like this one. So why I can't say if Chipper played in those games, I would be confident this was worn from 3 to 8 games from expierence. If I didn't have a few packages I was paying for I would be all over this.

True, but you would think that with it being his last year, they would have made sure to tag EVERYTHING that he put on.

On a side note, not saying it wasn't worn, but I checked several photos that year and couldn't find a shot of a jersey with the loose threads that are on this jersey.

Roady
03-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Ill take it. I will send payment when I get home which should be no more than an hour.

You got it.
And here is a pic of the patch. :)

Roady
03-29-2014, 07:15 PM

My paypal is the same email in the first post.

Roady
03-29-2014, 07:18 PM
True, but you would think that with it being his last year, they would have made sure to tag EVERYTHING that he put on.

On a side note, not saying it wasn't worn, but I checked several photos that year and couldn't find a shot of a jersey with the loose threads that are on this jersey.

There have been at least 2 of his 2012 jerseys sold that have not had MLB hologram tagging at all. They were signed as game used by Chipper though.

Here is one. http://goldinauctions.com/2012-chipper-jones-atlanta-braves-game-used-and-si-lot8223.aspx

Hoosier39
03-29-2014, 07:24 PM
There have been at least 2 of his 2012 jerseys sold that have not had MLB hologram tagging at all. They were signed as game used by Chipper though.

Here is one. http://goldinauctions.com/2012-chipper-jones-atlanta-braves-game-used-and-si-lot8223.aspx

Oh yeah, def not saying it was or wasn't worn, because I think you described it accurately and took the photos, and I think it's a cool jersey. I even almost grabbed it a few hrs back when you listed it, but I spent an hour trying to find him wearing a jersey with those loose threads on either the front or the back. Maybe Wrigley can, and that would be sweet.

Roady
03-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I love the jersey but I just don't collect jerseys very often.
I made a good trade for it but I know I won't enjoy it like someone else will.
And with the money I can find something that fits into my collection better.
I appreciate everyone's input.

Roady
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Wrigley2010,
Paypal received.
I will get this in the mail Monday.
Thank you! :)

Wrigley2010
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Hoosier I was searching photos looking for those same loose threads myself. I also saw the two that sold in Goldins Auctions which had no MLB authentication and were set 20 and 23. Whether or not I'll be able to photo match is to be determined. Either way I'll be happy with the jersey photo matched or not.

P.S. Payment sent

Wrigley2010
03-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Wrigley2010,
Paypal received.
I will get this in the mail Monday.
Thank you! :)

Sounds good! Thank you!

jbean023
03-29-2014, 08:42 PM

I don't disagree with your point but I could "you would think" for about 2 weeks straight without stopping about authenticating items and processes from both mlb and nfl.

I don't doubt in the coming years of baseball players wearing multiple jerseys per game in the upcoming years. HR, rounds the bases, no you can't give high fives I need your jersey.

The thing that disappoints me the most is this authentication of everything is changing the game. Throw out this hit ball or strikeout ball, hit the locker room, give me your hat, jersey, and whatever else I want. This upcoming season is going to be more of a distraction for jeter and game used items than actually getting to enjoy each game and after each game.

In Chicago, cubs vary rarely get to authenticate to the pitch so I didnt get to see it as much but watching other games you get to see where pitchers are getting in a rhythm and then they want the ball thrown out. O you hit a hr, let me hologram up your bat. Just getting ridiculous.

Wrigley congrats on the pick up, jerseys looks to show much more use than the one in Goldin that sold for 1600. You should be able to add the graph and inscription for 175-200 or so at a show I would imagine.

Hoosier39
03-29-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't disagree with your point but I could "you would think" for about 2 weeks straight without stopping about authenticating items and processes from both mlb and nfl.

I don't doubt in the coming years of baseball players wearing multiple jerseys per game in the upcoming years. HR, rounds the bases, no you can't give high fives I need your jersey.

The thing that disappoints me the most is this authentication of everything is changing the game. Throw out this hit ball or strikeout ball, hit the locker room, give me your hat, jersey, and whatever else I want. This upcoming season is going to be more of a distraction for jeter and game used items than actually getting to enjoy each game and after each game.

In Chicago, cubs vary rarely get to authenticate to the pitch so I didnt get to see it as much but watching other games you get to see where pitchers are getting in a rhythm and then they want the ball thrown out. O you hit a hr, let me hologram up your bat. Just getting ridiculous.

Wrigley congrats on the pick up, jerseys looks to show much more use than the one in Goldin that sold for 1600. You should be able to add the graph and inscription for 175-200 or so at a show I would imagine.

I'm actually curious to know how many of these were worn(at least washed), that was on Lisa's list last week. I don't have the email anymore, but I think there was around 10 of these.

Wrigley, if you find a match, let us know.

Roady
03-29-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm actually curious to know how many of these were worn(at least washed), that was on Lisa's list last week. I don't have the email anymore, but I think there was around 10 of these.

Wrigley, if you find a match, let us know.

Here is the list of Chipper Jones jerseys that were for sale. This one is on it.
There are only 5 ivory ones.
When I emailed Lisa about if she is planning on reducing the unsold ones in the future she said no. She said they had been $1050 and they reduced them to $500. She said she did not see them being reduced again.
She also said the only ones left were some Ivory ones.

gingi79
03-30-2014, 12:59 AM
$400 for a team issued jersey is very fair. Somehow, they have had this jersey style with documented set markers as high as 24. After my research shown in this thread: (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58930&highlight=chipper+jones) that the Braves wore this style in a MAXIMUM of 26 games, I'm starting to think they issued Chip at least one jersey per game for this jersey style.

It was his last season, this would be a one season only worn style for him. That isn't to say he actually wore a jersey per game, simply that they issued him a jersey per game when they wore this style.

Not trying to influence this ad as it appears sold, just offering some insight as a long time Braves collector.

mchmaj
03-30-2014, 11:24 AM
you know lisa's email address or phone number ? i tried to email her few times and no luck
let me know

Roady
03-30-2014, 12:32 PM
you know lisa's email address or phone number ? i tried to email her few times and no luck
let me know

lisa.williams@braves.com
Lisa Williams
Merchandise Manager I Atlanta Braves
p: 404.494.1103 I f: 404.494.1105
Turner Field I 755 Hank Aaron Drive I Atlanta, GA 30315

mchmaj
03-30-2014, 01:12 PM

Roady
03-30-2014, 03:58 PM

You're welcome.:)

Wrigley2010
04-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Jersey arrived a few days ago but just now had a chance to open the package. Everything is great and thank you for the speedy shipping. Cheers

Roady
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Jersey arrived a few days ago but just now had a chance to open the package. Everything is great and thank you for the speedy shipping. Cheers

You're very welcome! Take care.