PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Wheeler GU Bat - Matched

xpress34
03-28-2014, 03:54 AM
I picked up this bat last year from the Colorado Rockies and Ryan signed it for me.

Although he just got sent to Colorado Springs (Sky Sox - AAA - PCL), he has been very kind and gifted me a signed pair of used Batting Gloves at Spring Training.

That said, I had never looked up the MLB Cert before (EK 880142), but when I did, I found that it is errant and lists TIM Wheeler (who never got called up last year) instead of Ryan. (I am working on getting that corrected with MLB).

I did look up the date of the use (September 20, 2013) and was fortunate enough to find THREE (3) pictures from the RBI Hit that broke the bat as well as MLB Video of the hit. The 3 photos were all on Getty and hard to see well. I looked up the photographer - he's local to Denver - wrote him and he graciously sent me Hi-Res versions of all 3 photos for FREE. (I am going to make a payment to his PayPal account anyway...)

He also responded to my other inquiry, and any items I have from Rockies home games, he will check to see if he shot those games and will get me Hi-Res pics (if he has them) for my other items as well!

Anyway, here's the Video:

Ryan Wheeler - Broken Bat RBI Single - 9/20/2013 (http://m.mlb.com/video/v30792557)

And here's pictures I put together of the bat and the pics from the at bat. Although there are many specific items that match up, the 'white rectangle' on the tape just below the break is the most easily recognizable feature in the pics.

Enjoy!

-Smitty

lengthwise1
03-29-2014, 04:42 PM
nice one Smitty!

MiLe HigH
03-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Sweet bat Smitty. Hopefully I'll get to see Ryan play for the Sky Sox at the Zephyrs home opener hear in Nola.

Roady
03-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I didn't know that Easton was still making MLB bats.

I have an Adrian Beltre Easton bat from his Dodger days.

xpress34
03-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I didn't know that Easton was still making MLB bats.

I have an Adrian Beltre Easton bat from his Dodger days.

Wheeler's was the 1st Easton Pro bat I had ever seen. And now I own it... ;)

Roady
03-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Wheeler's was the 1st Easton Pro bat I had ever seen. And now I own it... ;)

You did good. :)

xpress34
04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Just piked up the jersey that Wheeler was wearing when he cracked this bat!

It was hanging on the case at Rockies Game Used at Coors Field!

I'll post Photo Match pics later...

- Smitty

frikativ54
04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Just piked up the jersey that Wheeler was wearing when he cracked this bat!

It was hanging on the case at Rockies Game Used at Coors Field!

I'll post Photo Match pics later...

- Smitty

Very cool, Smitty. Next, you should search for the ball that cracked the bat. :p :D