PDA

View Full Version : How can I go about getting my Prince Fielder Team Issued Jersey Authenticated by M.E.A.R.S ?

Ray371170
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I just picked up this jersey on Sunday thru MLB Auctions . Sadly , It is not authenticated by MLB . Any one ever deal with MEARS ? What is the process and how much ? I am not looking to sell the jersey , I just want the paperwork to put it in the frame also along with the jersey . Thanks in advance !!!

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/p526x296/1912523_226721104202931_1831423218_n.jpg

Capital-Sports
03-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Not worth it..

xsentrixsupra
03-20-2014, 07:59 AM
I have before and hes a nice dude. You can give him a call, his # is listed on his FB page. Especially for things like baseball though, I'd probably suggest Dave Miedema, he posts on this board so is relatively easy to get ahold of and has very indepth knowledge on the sport. Also just a nice dude, hah he did mine on a Saturday night when I'm sure no matter what he says, there are other more enjoyable things for him to do :)

CampWest
03-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Not worth it..

+1

Seems like an unnecessary expenditure for that jersey, with little benefit.

If you ever did decide to sell, I think a future buyer would place higher reliance on the MLB Auction sourcing directly from the team.

If you want paperwork to display with it, I would recommend printing a copy of the auction details, which clearly show the jersey was purchased from the team and described by the team as team issued. "Item Description
Bid now to win this 2012 Team Issued Prince Fielder #28 home jersey. Tag reads 28 56 '12 420. There is no hologram number for this item ". You could also print the bidder history showing you won that auction, combine that with your receipt and I think you have better documentation than any piece of paper from MEARS.

What value do you feel the MEARS authentication adds to this particular item?

Save your money, don't pay a third party to authenticate this one.

Dach0sen0ne
03-20-2014, 03:14 PM
I think it would be a waste of money, since the jersey was never worn. Maybe frame it with an 8x10 of Prince in a Home jersey.