PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wieters signed game issued GG catchers mitt

tella27
03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
I have a signed game issued Matt Wieters gold glove catchers mitt that is authenticated by Steiner for trade. Mitt was part of Derek Jeter's Turn 2 Charity Auction. Mitt is very sweet.

Looking to trade for another high end fielding glove

To stay in line with the rules Ill give the glove a value of $500 but looking to trade not sell.

Please email me with trades or picture requests
Chris.klarner@hotmail.com

danesei@yahoo.com
03-09-2014, 01:41 PM
What value would you consider another high end fielding glove to be? I mean, do you have a list of players in mind? I can't imagine $500 hauling that much in terms of fielding gloves.

tella27
03-09-2014, 03:16 PM
What value would you consider another high end fielding glove to be? I mean, do you have a list of players in mind? I can't imagine $500 hauling that much in terms of fielding gloves.

I'm looking for another glove from a player that is along the same lines as Wieters - multiple All Star, multiple Gold Glove winner. Im looking to trade a very sweet glove for another sweet glove. Per the rules I gave it a dollar amount but since I'm not looking to sell it the dollar amount means little to me. There are plenty of glove collectors on here that know that true value of the mitt and have nice glove collections like mine. If one of these collectors would like to work out a trade for a nice glove that might not fit their collection as well I'm open to putting a deal together.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-09-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm looking for another glove from a player that is along the same lines as Wieters - multiple All Star, multiple Gold Glove winner. Im looking to trade a very sweet glove for another sweet glove. Per the rules I gave it a dollar amount but since I'm not looking to sell it the dollar amount means little to me. There are plenty of glove collectors on here that know that true value of the mitt and have nice glove collections like mine. If one of these collectors would like to work out a trade for a nice glove that might not fit their collection as well I'm open to putting a deal together.

I understand that you're not looking to sell. I'm just wondering if you have a specific list in mind. That would be the closest I could think of to a "dollar amount" in terms of an asking price. Otherwise, this is the same as posting a "Offer" listing without a price.

tella27
03-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I understand that you're not looking to sell. I'm just wondering if you have a specific list in mind. That would be the closest I could think of to a "dollar amount" in terms of an asking price. Otherwise, this is the same as posting a "Offer" listing without a price.

It's not the same - I've attached a dollar amount to it per the forum rules but only looking to trade so money is not the key factor in this post. If you're interested in trying to put a trade together please email me.
Just as posted prior I would be looking for a glove from the same caliber of player - multiple All Star and multiple Gold Glove winner.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
To stay in line with the rules Ill give the glove a value of $500 but looking to trade not sell.

I'll buy it for $500.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I'll buy it for $500.
Disregard. Seller emailed me that he won't sell for $500, since he has more into it than that.

beachpetrol
03-10-2014, 12:40 AM
I'll buy it for $500.

Here is one that was on ebay. Maybe the seller still has it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matt-Wieters-Signed-Game-Model-Catchers-Mitt-Steiner-Gold-Glove-Orioles-All-Star-/251462047575?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item3a8c4e5757#ht_82wt_1171

BTW, the rules do state "This forum is intended for collectors to sell among themselves". If the OP isn't selling, maybe they should have posted this ad in the Items Wanted section.

tella27
03-10-2014, 08:04 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matt-Wieters-Signed-Game-Model-Catchers-Mitt-Steiner-Gold-Glove-Orioles-All-Star-/251462047575?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item3a8c4e5757#ht_82wt_1171

BTW, the rules do state "This forum is intended for collectors to sell among themselves". If the OP isn't selling, maybe they should have posted this ad in the Items Wanted section.

New guys - please stop posting on this thread. If you want to chit-chat about things go and post in a discussion thread. I know where to post my items, I've been on here for awhile. If you want to trade an item you post it here - if I wanted to buy a Jim Thome jersey I would post in the wanted section.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-10-2014, 11:25 PM

Interesting. That's the same Steiner certificate that the OP emailed to me.

yanks12025
03-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Also interesting is that it's being sold here as game issued but really it's just a game model made for being signed.

tella27
03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Also interesting is that it's being sold here as game issued but really it's just a game model made for being signed.

If you read about Jeter's charity auction you'll see all items were donated BY each player. The glove was donated by Wieters - so it came from his set of mitts made for him to use during the season.

tella27
03-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Interesting. That's the same Steiner certificate that the OP emailed to me.

I bought a few of the gloves won at the Steiner from another seller. If it is felt that this mitt can be found somewhere else then please feel free to get it from there. The mitt isn't a model made just to be signed - it's not like the UDA gloves it a mitt donated to Jerers foundation by Matt Wieters. If you have proof that this glove can be purchased elsewhere post the link.

I'm offering a sweet glove for trade and I get people giving me a hard time because I don't want to just sell it. If you don't like my post move on..

tella27
03-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Mods please close the thread - ill just email the glove guys I know. Tried to offer a very sweet and rare mitt to the forum but nothing but negative people with their WRONG opinions...

MikeKam
03-11-2014, 09:25 AM
http://auctions.steinersports.com/matt-wieters-signed-game-model-glove-(proceeds-to--lot5807.aspx

I doubt it was ever issued for game use (sat in the clubhouse, in his locker, etc) but it was likely ordered by Wieters to either sign and donate, or keep as a spare just in case. The whole game model/issued/used debate can go on forever.

beachpetrol
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Looks like tella27 is nothing but trouble anyway:

http://gameusedcollector.com/index.php/topic,1078.0.html

For someone who claims to be a "veteran" on this website, he sure does know how to ruin his reputation not only here on GameUsed Universe, but in the sports memorabilia community, in general.

tella27
03-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Looks like tella27 is nothing but trouble anyway:

http://gameusedcollector.com/index.php/topic,1078.0.html

For someone who claims to be a "veteran" on this website, he sure does know how to ruin his reputation not only here on GameUsed Universe, but in the sports memorabilia community, in general.

I've done business with MANY members of this forum and most I've done multiple deals with. The people that do business with me know that I'm a solid person to work with.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-11-2014, 06:22 PM
I've done business with MANY members of this forum and most I've done multiple deals with. The people that do business with me know that I'm a solid person to work with.

I hope a few of those "many" members are available to confirm that. It still doesn't make sense why you wouldn't have defended yourself on the other site. It wouldn't have taken much to prove that the item was never delivered (a USPS tracking number, for starters). To the final statement in your post, it would seem that the "Jmorrill" person did business with you and wouldn't concur with the statement.

Also, now that it's been mentioned, the others posting that this isn't a game issued glove are likely correct. Those have serial numbers that are traceable directly to each player.

tella27
03-11-2014, 06:45 PM
I hope a few of those "many" members are available to confirm that. It still doesn't make sense why you wouldn't have defended yourself on the other site. It wouldn't have taken much to prove that the item was never delivered (a USPS tracking number, for starters). To the final statement in your post, it would seem that the "Jmorrill" person did business with you and wouldn't concur with the statement.

Also, now that it's been mentioned, the others posting that this isn't a game issued glove are likely correct. Those have serial numbers that are traceable directly to each player.

First off guy you've been a member of this forum for like 5 minutes you don't know me or any of the deals I've done. As for tracking on a package I have no clue what you are talking about. And just to be clear I don't owe you a list of people I've done business with and don't need them to post to prove you wrong. I've been on here since 2011 and done a lot of deals. If I had screwed anyone over or made bad deals I wouldn't be on here. You seem to be bitter that I declined your $500 offer to purchase even though my post CLEARLY said I had no interest in selling and only wanted to trade.

tella27
03-11-2014, 06:52 PM

Jmorrill - I remember I bought a glove from him.. A glove that didn't arrive at my building because he didn't send it to the correct address. This was something that was investigated by Paypal and found in my favor and my money refunded. Once it was discovered that the package was sitting at the PO I went there and picked it up. I then REPAID jmorrill - this after I was accused by him to have had the package already - even though there was never a signature or delivery showing for the package. I didn't do anything wrong and in fact I went above and beyond by going to the PO to get the package AND repaid the money not 30 minutes after I picked it up. Jmorrill is on this forum - ask him if he was paid for the glove after i went and got it.

Again new guy you need to get your facts right

danesei@yahoo.com
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
First off guy you've been a member of this forum for like 5 minutes you don't know me or any of the deals I've done. As for tracking on a package I have no clue what you are talking about. And just to be clear I don't owe you a list of people I've done business with and don't need them to post to prove you wrong. I've been on here since 2011 and done a lot of deals. If I had screwed anyone over or made bad deals I wouldn't be on here. You seem to be bitter that I declined your $500 offer to purchase even though my post CLEARLY said I had no interest in selling and only wanted to trade.
I never asked you for a list of who you did business with. I said it'd be nice if those members posted in the thread. As for Jmorrill, you should have him update that thread on the other site if the transaction has been reconciled as you state.

tella27
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
I never asked you for a list of who you did business with. I said it'd be nice if those members posted in the thread. As for Jmorrill, you should have him update that thread on the other site if the transaction has been reconciled as you state.

I don't need to do anything new guy - stop posting on my threads. I've reported your other post to the mods - maybe you should read the rules about highjacking threads..

danesei@yahoo.com
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm not hijacking anything. You're not selling anything.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=94273&postcount=2

tella27
03-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm not hijacking anything. You're not selling anything.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=94273&postcount=2

Here are 2 rules that you forgot to read - these apply also to the post you made on my Wanted thread.

You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal. (Where are your facts?)

No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. (I declined your offer and now you're trolling this thread and my other thread in the Wanted section. Read ALL the rules new guy)

danesei@yahoo.com
03-11-2014, 07:59 PM
You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal. (Where are your facts?)

No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. (I declined your offer and now you're trolling this thread and my other thread in the Wanted section. Read ALL the rules new guy)

I did nothing to take this to a personal level. The facts are stated:

Someone else posted a thread where you supposedly purchased an item and claimed it never arrived, even though the Postal Service noted it as being delivered. I merely stated that it would be sensible to follow-up on that thread. You said that things were settled with the seller. I said you should have the seller clarify that in the thread.

I never baited nor trolled in any way. I stated facts, not opinions. You insist on calling me "guy" and "new guy" in a very condescending manner. If anything, you are the one taking things to a personal level.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Calling him "new guy" is pretty ridiculous. Also who cares how long he has been a member. He could have 200x the knowledge of you and more transactions with members than you. Heck he may have read this board for the past decade for all you know.

Also people should stop making comments without anything to back it up. I see a lot of comments questioning the authenticity of the glove and nothing about why it may not be game issued.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Looking at pictures I'd have to say it was ordered with no intent to use though. It looks to be in pristine condition just like it left the factory. Anyone who has ever tried to break in a catchers mitt knows it is a pretty tideous project. Any back-up glove would have already been broken in before any emergency arose.

Problem is "Game Issued" is a pretty bland phrase with so many definitions. Also what is the definition of "game model"? I'd be pretty concerned if a company like Steiner isn't using the "game issued" phrase...I'd expect that out of Steiner.

tella27
03-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Looking at pictures I'd have to say it was ordered with no intent to use though. It looks to be in pristine condition just like it left the factory. Anyone who has ever tried to break in a catchers mitt knows it is a pretty tideous project. Any back-up glove would have already been broken in before any emergency arose.

Problem is "Game Issued" is a pretty bland phrase with so many definitions. Also what is the definition of "game model"? I'd be pretty concerned if a company like Steiner isn't using the "game issued" phrase...I'd expect that out of Steiner.

Steiner doesn't put anything on certs except "game model" unless they are authenticating the item. When they authenticate the signature they write game model. This can be verified by asking Brandon at Steiner - I sent in my Pierce rookie game used jersey to be signed and it's signed and inscribed Game Used but they put on the cert "Game Model" with all the jersey info and also with "Game Used" inscription. Brandon told me directly that's the reason. The glove is Wieters custom model gold glove with his nickname stitched onto it. Donated to Jeter for his charity auction. There is NO difference in this glove and the one used in games. They are all ordered the same - Wieters (like any other player) orders multiple gloves prior to the start of ST. To say that this glove was ordered separate or only to be signed and donated is PURLEY opinion. There is no difference between a game issued player exclusive item and game model player exclusive. It's like calling a issued jersey only a game model..

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Steiner doesn't put anything on certs except "game model" unless they are authenticating the item. When they authenticate the signature they write game model. This can be verified by asking Brandon at Steiner - I sent in my Pierce rookie game used jersey to be signed and it's signed and inscribed Game Used but they put on the cert "Game Model" with all the jersey info and also with "Game Used" inscription. Brandon told me directly that's the reason. The glove is Wieters custom model gold glove with his nickname stitched onto it. Donated to Jeter for his charity auction. There is NO difference in this glove and the one used in games. They are all ordered the same - Wieters (like any other player) orders multiple gloves prior to the start of ST. To say that this glove was ordered separate or only to be signed and donated is PURLEY opinion. There is no difference between a game issued player exclusive item and game model player exclusive. It's like calling a issued jersey only a game model..

So really it comes down to one mans opinion. Obviously made to his specifications and could be considered Wieters issued/player issued.

As far as game issued I think it really goes to someone's opinion. To me I wouldn't consider it game issued as it isn't ready for a game. There is no way it was ever "Hey I might have to use this today."...it simply isn't ready to be used, it is incomplete not broken in.

However I wouldn't argue if you considered it game issued if you thought Wieters got it at the start of ST with the possible intent of using it at some point in the season if need be.

Regardless whoever got it at the original price of <$300 got a bargain and its a pretty cool piece. Since getting a game used Gold Glove probably will never happen, settling for the next best thing isn't too bad...and I am a massive catchers mitt fan.

beachpetrol
03-12-2014, 08:58 PM

Doesn't matter that you have done transcations with "many" members. You seem to want to ignore the fact that you CLEARLY intended to commit fraud with Jmorrill , and on a high end item like the ones you would like to trade for here on GUU. Add to the fact your condescending attitudes towards other on this forum, doesn't make for good business.

tella27
03-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Doesn't matter that you have done transcations with "many" members. You seem to want to ignore the fact that you CLEARLY intended to commit fraud with Jmorrill , and on a high end item like the ones you would like to trade for here on GUU. Add to the fact your condescending attitudes towards other on this forum, doesn't make for good business.

What are you talking about fraud? I paid for a glove - it didn't show - Paypal investigated it and refunded my money. There was no signature or delivery for the package. The PO tracked the package down and I went and picked it up at the PO and within minutes REPAID the money. Your facts are WRONG! To anyone that needs proof I can show in my Paypal the original payment, refund and then 2nd payment. If anything I did Jmorrill a huge solid by going and picking it up over having the post office return to sender. This AFTER jmorrill accused me of having the package him and his dad - the PO contacted him and told him that they found the package he then asked me to go and pick it up and resend the money. I have NEVER scammed anyone - you need to get your facts correct.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Jmorrill is on this forum - ask him if he was paid for the glove after i went and got it.

According to the member list, there is no user "Jmorrill" on the site.

tella27
03-13-2014, 07:49 AM
According to the member list, there is no user "Jmorrill" on the site.

Jmorrill is Joe Morrill or Joe27 on this forum. Again before you speak know your facts..

Sotystl
03-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Not sure who these 2 new guys are, or why they are on some kind of witch hunt here but take it elsewhere, or to PM's.

Tella is a nice guy, and has always been helpful when i have asked questions.

Nice glove here, if you dont have anything to trade for it move on.

I would like to assume we are all adults here, stop acting like children.

Phil316
03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Not sure who these 2 new guys are, or why they are on some kind of witch hunt here but take it elsewhere, or to PM's.

Tella is a nice guy, and has always been helpful when i have asked questions.

Nice glove here, if you dont have anything to trade for it move on.

I would like to assume we are all adults here, stop acting like children.

I agree Chris is a good guy. I know several people he has dealt with and all are very happy. This does sound like a witch hunt or borderline harassment.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Jmorrill is Joe Morrill or Joe27 on this forum. Again before you speak know your facts..

Once again, I stated a fact. Now that you've clarified, I'll contact him by PM.

tella27
03-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Once again, I stated a fact. Now that you've clarified, I'll contact him by PM.

Do what ever you want guy

beachpetrol
03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Hopefully Jmorrill can chime in and clear up the situation with the Pujols glove. I'm sure tella27 is a nice/good guy. Doesn't give him the right to be condescending to "new" members.

Phil316
03-13-2014, 10:10 PM
When people only sign up on a message board to harass board members it's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

bravesfanjd
03-13-2014, 10:21 PM
I wasn't going to post on this thread but it is really bothering me to see how off topic this has gotten. I have dealt with Chris and he has always been helpful to me and always tries to answer questions I ask. I have never bought from him because I don't have the budget for some of his higher end items but he still helps me knowing that. I joined this fourm to try to educate myself and find people who could answer my questions so I could feel safer about adding items to my collection. The last thing we should be doing is attacking people for no reason are make are knowledge pool smaller by driving people like Chris away

Josh

tella27
03-13-2014, 10:21 PM
When people only sign up on a message board to harass board members it's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

It's all this guy does on this forum - then accuses me of being the "bad" member. All this guy does is try to cause issues - look at his posts, its nothing but harassing people. All he's done is guarantee no one does business with him. Sadly he'll post again to rack up his post count..

danesei@yahoo.com
03-15-2014, 11:16 PM
It's all this guy does on this forum - then accuses me of being the "bad" member. All this guy does is try to cause issues - look at his posts, its nothing but harassing people. All he's done is guarantee no one does business with him. Sadly he'll post again to rack up his post count..

I never accused you of being a bad member. I just said that you insisted on using demeaning connotative names when referring to me.

That said, I do want to apologize, as I just got an email from Joey, and he said everything has been settled.