PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Kelly - 2010 Giants World Series Jersey

bcbeas
03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Bought this jersey recently and it comes with MLB Authentication. My question is...it is was authenticated on 10/2/10, but it includes the World Series patch with the World Series obviously taking place much later.

The jersey does have an "x" on the tag...I'm wondering if that's how MLB marked it and then came back after the World Series and attached the hologram.

Anyone thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MercyMe78
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Bought this jersey recently and it comes with MLB Authentication. My question is...it is was authenticated on 10/2/10, but it includes the World Series patch with the World Series obviously taking place much later.

The jersey does have an "x" on the tag...I'm wondering if that's how MLB marked it and then came back after the World Series and attached the hologram.

Anyone thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The authenticators probably only saw Kelly use the jersey on 10/2 so it was only authenticated on that date. I have a feeling it might be a backup jersey for the World Series as I believe all of the World Series jerseys were authenticated

You can check out Bill Hayes' jersey which has multiple games authenticated
EK283524

bcbeas
03-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the reply...much appreciated.

Even if it had been used as a backup for the World Series...they would not have put the hologram on until after the World Series right? I see no way it could have been even considered a backup if the hologram had already been applied...if that makes sense.

MercyMe78
03-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the reply...much appreciated.

Even if it had been used as a backup for the World Series...they would not have put the hologram on until after the World Series right? I see no way it could have been even considered a backup if the hologram had already been applied...if that makes sense.

As far as I know, the authenticators do not put the hologram number on the jerseys until they go on sale to the public. I've seen some holograms on bats that are still in use but not jerseys.

But who knows.. it could of been used during the WS... try to see if you can photomatch it :)