PDA

View Full Version : Bucs new unis

cubbs1232
03-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Looks like the xfl is making a comeback

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-unveil-new-uniform-design-20140303/

xsentrixsupra
03-03-2014, 11:42 AM
I think I'd like them better if the color scheme on the jerseys and pants were different. Also, did anyone consult with their skill position players about whether or not having a chrome face mask in front of your eyes while trying to catch/throw in the Florida sun might not be the best idea?

jake33
03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
It isn't real chrome, so it won't shine back in players faces.

This is strange. Right sleeve will have pirate ship, left sleeve will have flag logo.

These look poor. Clearly Nike felt like putting their imprint into these uniforms. They look futuristic, yet overly trendy. These will be outdated in 4-7 years. Just looks sloppy in my opinion. Nike is 40% done with their 50 year NFL contract. This makes me think that Nike will be getting renewed at the end of their contract. Reebok doesn't want the business, but I know Under Armour does want the business.

The number trim on the shoulder will have reflective outlining on them, so that will be interesting.

xsentrixsupra
03-03-2014, 02:25 PM
It isn't real chrome, so it won't shine back in players faces.

This is strange. Right sleeve will have pirate ship, left sleeve will have flag logo.

These look poor. Clearly Nike felt like putting their imprint into these uniforms. They look futuristic, yet overly trendy. These will be outdated in 4-7 years. Just looks sloppy in my opinion. Nike is 40% done with their 50 year NFL contract. This makes me think that Nike will be getting renewed at the end of their contract. Reebok doesn't want the business, but I know Under Armour does want the business.

The number trim on the shoulder will have reflective outlining on them, so that will be interesting.

I mean I know it isn't real chrome, that wouldn't be cost effective nor would it be weight effective. I did think though that the chrome paint still reflected quite a bit of light?

jake33
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
from what I saw no... there is some type of matte finish to it, to hold back a shine.
I was told the helmets are hand painted for the base color then the decal is applied.

JDubbs73
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Here is another gallery:

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/03/new-tampa-bay-buccaneers-uniforms/

I don't know how I feel about them yet...