PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Beckham White Sox rookie hat

salukidave
03-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I bought this hat at the SoxFest Garage Sale after Beckham's 2009 rookie season. It shows nice use. I'm selling it for $125 postpaid.

You can contact me at salukidave@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Dave

salukidave
03-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Price drop to $100 postpaid.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-08-2014, 03:16 PM
I bought this hat at the SoxFest Garage Sale after Beckham's 2009 rookie season. It shows nice use. I'm selling it for $125 postpaid.

I don't know how the "Garage Sale" events work. Does this come with a team LOA stating it was used by Beckham? If not, is it possible the cap was used by Wilson Betemit, who wore #15 prior to Beckham reaching the majors in 2009? Again, I just don't know how the events work, since there's no major league club anywhere within 2000+ miles of me.

salukidave
03-08-2014, 03:36 PM
The Sox have never issued any specific LOA at their Garage Sales. Way back when they'd give you a generic one if you wanted, but they don't even give out those now, not that they were worth anything in the first place.

The Sox sometimes add tags donating the player, but I've long since removed it. I can tell you I've attended the team's Garage Sales since the first one in 1983 and am diligent with what I buy. I remember buying a Ramirez hat at the same time so I had the team's double-play duo. Anyway, the hat is a size 7 1/8 if you want to do further research to make you more comfortable.

salukidave
03-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Additionally, while I don't want to say what I paid for the hat, I can tell you that it was priced as a Beckham hat. That was back when Jeff Szynal ran the team's Garage Sales. He was on top of things, including identifying items correctly. (The organization has got a little sloppy in recent years since Szynal has become less involved in the sales.)

salukidave
03-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Moved to eBay.