PDA

View Full Version : Help with Jack Clark Cardinals GU/issued pants

sportsnbikes
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Can anyone help me validate what I think I found? I think what I have are game used or at the very least issued pants of former Cardinals player Jack Clark. I just don't know enough about them to know for sure.

onlyalbert
03-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm no expert on pants but 35 waist and 28 length look to be about right for 1985. And if I'm reading that thrift shop find price of $11......I'd buy now and worry later. I'll give you $12 sight unseen!

sportsnbikes
03-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm no expert on pants but 35 waist and 28 length look to be about right for 1985. And if I'm reading that thrift shop find price of $11......I'd buy now and worry later. I'll give you $12 sight unseen!

LOL it was actually 5.99 or 6.99. I couldn't believe it when I saw them. I thought they were Twins pants. Then after a little research I found these pics:

sportsnbikes
03-02-2014, 12:52 AM
What are the chances these were game used? How many sets did they get back then? What does the set 1 or 2 mean? Does a number designate home or away?

Just looking for something to go by.

Thanks for your help.

cjw
03-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Typically a team would issue 2 sets of road and two sets of home uniforms. This is most likely game used. Grey uniforms for road games. Are there any repairs, patches, scuffs or dirt stains? Pants will take most of the beating.

sportsnbikes
03-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Typically a team would issue 2 sets of road and two sets of home uniforms. This is most likely game used. Grey uniforms for road games. Are there any repairs, patches, scuffs or dirt stains? Pants will take most of the beating.

I haven't seen any stains or tears. I should probably examine it more closely under light. There is a small piece of paint chipped out of the top blue button. Looking at one of the pictures I posted, it looks like there's a chip out of it in the same area on my pants button but it could just be the angle or light or whatever.

sportsnbikes
03-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I put it under a good light and there's nothing at all on there that I can see.

I'm really very curious about the story behind these pants. Why and how did they end up at a thrift store in Lenexa, KS and all these years later?

sportsnbikes
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Does anyone else have any input on these pants?

cjw
03-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I put it under a good light and there's nothing at all on there that I can see.

I'm really very curious about the story behind these pants. Why and how did they end up at a thrift store in Lenexa, KS and all these years later?

How they go there is a mystery.

Possibities:

From a collector's collection that moved from St. Louis to your area and then his wife donated all his stuff when she dumped him?

Like the 1960's game worn Green Bay Packers jersey that I found in a thrift store in Vancouver Canada a few years ago - your item may have been saved by a clothing picker from being destroyed at a "rag house" a martial processing plant that are plentiful in large urban centres.

sportsnbikes
03-03-2014, 08:57 PM
How they go there is a mystery.

Possibities:

From a collector's collection that moved from St. Louis to your area and then his wife donated all his stuff when she dumped him?

HILARIOUS. But a very real possibility. Couldn't she have donated a Brett gamer?

beachpetrol
03-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I, I, I'm hunting
Looking for a come up
This is f%#*& awesome.

LOL. Nice find!

sportsnbikes
03-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I, I, I'm hunting
Looking for a come up
This is f%#*& awesome.

LOL. Nice find!

Lol. That song is real catchy. I root around sometimes just looking for miscellaneous items but never thought I'd find something like that.