PDA

View Full Version : Jose Tabata Game Winning HR baseball

cekirsch129
02-25-2014, 02:48 PM
While in college in Louisville, Ky, I used to frequent the Bats games during the week. I was there all the time in 2010 chasing around Aroldis Chapman for autographs.

Anyway, I was there April 26th, which was a Monday night. The games didn't draw much attendance anyway, but this one ended up in extra innings and had rained on and off throughout the game. By the time the 15th inning rolled around, there was literally about 10 people left in the stadium (no joke). Jose Tabata broke the tie with a solo shot to left field that actually left the stadium. I was sitting behind home plate by that point and noticed there was no one around where the ball landed. So I walked out of the left field pavillion and found the ball. I had intended to give it to him after the game, but didn't feel like being at the park any longer (it was close to 1 in the morning).

Anyway, I've just had the ball sitting in a drawer for the last few years. I'm not a Pirates fan and thought someone else may appreciate it. I can post pics once I get home from work if anyone is interested. Its a AAA International League ball, obviously. It's not authenticated by anyone since I picked it up myself at the game, so unfortunately I have no documentation.

I'm really not even sure what type of price to put on it. I've never bought or sold game used baseballs, especially minor league ones. Feel free to email me at cekirsch89@gmail.com or post a comment if interested.

Thanks,
Caleb

cekirsch129
02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Here's the box score if anyone is interested:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t416&gid=2010_04_26_indaaa_louaaa_1&cid=416&t=g_log