PDA

View Full Version : UNKOWN: Vintage hockey? durene jersey...Bruine colors

cjw
12-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi..I picked this up on ebay cheaply and wondered if anyone recognizes theteam. It was described as a football jersey, but I believe that it is hockey. It has a nice old WINN WELL collar tag.

"OU" Ohio? Both-teams-played-hard...are you online tonight sir?

cjw
12-11-2006, 10:07 PM
for some reason I cannot type the word UNKNOWN, correctly in my heading......fat fingers, I guess? :)

both-teams-played-hard
12-11-2006, 11:16 PM
The team colors are not any "OU" that I know of (ohio,oklahoma, oregon). The small numerals led me to believe it is high school or junior league. The "U" may represent Union (for high school, not University). This is just a guess. For some of your other "unknown" jersey finds, i recommend this website: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/9735/
Of course, only helpful, if you know the team nickname or mascot...

both-teams-played-hard
12-11-2006, 11:26 PM
After further review, I think there is an outside chance that this shirt is from Oakland (Michigan) University. They could have used Boston Bruins' style in the 70s. The OU Golden Grizzlies currently use a "knockoff" of the Boston Bruins logo. Was the seller from Michigan? Any custom tags from a distributor or Sporting Goods supplier?

psmachetti
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Definitely a hockey sweater.
Paul

cjw
12-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Thanks gents!

Just a collar WINN WELL (Toronto) tag...but doesn't look like any local Toronto school to me. Seller is from NY state.

chris