PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos & Seattle Seahawks Game Used Helmets

ousooner_85
02-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Interested in what everyone thinks about each of these helmets. Both show game use but I can't find any player identifiers on either helmet.

The Seattle helmet is "supposed" to have been worn by Steve Largent. The face mask that's on the helmet doesn't match any that Largent would have worn, nor is it the correct color (at least from what I understand).

Broncos: Riddell WD1 - Inside Date 11/89 - Facemask Date 10/89

Seahawks: Rawlings RTS - Date 7-85 - Facemask I don't think is original to the helmet.

Do these appear to be at the least team issued?

tom1315
02-05-2014, 10:02 PM
On the Seahawks helmet I've never seen that type of rear Warning decal. The numerous screws evident on the shell look out of place. I believe this is a replica one. The Broncos looks like it has limited wear based upon the pictures shown. There are a couple of guys on here with amazing Broncos collections. Try to locate who they are and see what pictures they've posted of their helmets and compare to yours.

My sense is another replica but tough to tell. There is a pretty detailed thread "Show me your game worn NFL helmets" or similar title - look at the Broncos gamers posted on that too.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni