PDA

View Full Version : Barry Larkin 2004 bat contract?

scottanservitz
01-29-2014, 02:09 PM
As title says, did Barry have a contract with Louisville Slugger in 2004? Thanks in advance. :confused:

AWA85
01-29-2014, 02:36 PM
From my understanding, Larkin never had a signed contract with Louisville Slugger during his career. I have previously owned a few LS Larkin bats from 2004 and all were block letter, not the signature model that would indicate a contract. Also, a little side note I have seen/owned multiple other brand bats (SAM and Mizuno) with his characteristics and amazing game use as well from the 2004 season.

scottanservitz
01-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Oh, ok. The reason I ask is I have a 2004 R205 supposedly used by Barry. He didn't order any R205 in 2004 via Brian Hillerich. But my bat is 33.25 inches in length and has his name on the barrel with his number on the knob. It has nice deep ball marks and some pine tar. I am leaning on it being used by him on these things all together. Any thoughts?

Hoosier39
01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh, ok. The reason I ask is I have a 2004 R205 supposedly used by Barry. He didn't order any R205 in 2004 via Brian Hillerich. But my bat is 33.25 inches in length and has his name on the barrel with his number on the knob. It has nice deep ball marks and some pine tar. I am leaning on it being used by him on these things all together. Any thoughts?

I saw this bat on EBay a while back and passed on it.

Always a red flag when the player never ordered the bat, and when it comes late in a players career.

Not saying he never used it. Attach some pics and let's take a closer look.

scottanservitz
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Terry,
I have them on my phone. I can send them to you if I can get your email or pm it to me. I sent them to AWA85. He knows a lot about Larkin bats. The use looks correct. I just don't know what it is. I did get it on eBay so who knows. Just want some info about it. Thanks for your reply.

Hoosier39
01-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Terry,
I have them on my phone. I can send them to you if I can get your email or pm it to me. I sent them to AWA85. He knows a lot about Larkin bats. The use looks correct. I just don't know what it is. I did get it on eBay so who knows. Just want some info about it. Thanks for your reply.

Then I think you'd get a good response from him then. Good luck with it.