PDA

View Full Version : What is a pair of GU'ed auto'ed Xander Bogarts Gloves worth? ....

gadsden86
01-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi i have the opportunity to get a game used triple A pair of autographed (only 1 glove) batting gloves.
The girl got them from him at a game in pawtucket and was looking to sell them I asked her what SHE wanted and she said 50 i offered 40 and she said sure.
I went to get the cash and in a 10 min spand she said her Mom said she couldn't do the deal for 40 she then said it had to be 100 or more. This is after we shook and agreed.
I was kinda mad but she is a teenage girl. She said she will bring them back to me next month but i wanted to see what a realistic value on these are or should i not even bother b/c her Mom has no idea what they are and i would have to overpay to get them.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Let me just say I'm not an expert, but $100 is really steep. Minor League stuff just doesn't sell quite like MLB items and batting gloves aren't in high demand.

You'd be gambling at that price hoping he becomes a huge star.

I'd walk away from that deal if it were me.

Wrigley2010
01-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I personally think $40 for a single batting glove which is not authenticated from a player like Bogaerts is fair. A hundred dollars is unrealistic and is close to what I'd expect to pay for an authenticated pair from a reputable source.

gadsden86
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys that was my thinking as well. If they bring them to me next month i'll tell them all that and the other research i did.
Hope i can still get them but may have to walk away like john said.