PDA

View Full Version : mariners 2014 team issue bats

coletrain98
01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Went t o the 1st day of mariners fanfest today and picked up 3 interesting bats all team issued the employee there said they had found a ton of old bats in the clubhouse and were selling them.

The 1st one was a michael morse bat. They had about 10 different morse bats from his early time with the nationals to the end of his time with the mariners. i picked up a chandler bat. All of the bats were his model either chandler or louisville sluggers with his signature pine tar job. But they were all broken in the same place and they were broken like he had just smashed them against the ground.

The second bat was a Paul Sorrento bat with good use, medium pine tar and a spiderweb tape job. seems like a normal Sorrento bat but it is also signed approximately 12 times the signatures are all in silver sharpie but none are really good signatures, it kind of looks like he was practicing his autograph. The bat is uncracked.

the 3rd one is an edgar martinez Rawlings bat with light use a couple of very light ball marks with medium pine tar. They had about 16 different edgar bats there all with very light use (the one i got was the most used) all seemed like his signature models(louisville slugger ((about 4-5)), Rawlings((about 10)), and D-bats ((only 2))). They were all uncracked.

All of the bats had MLB authentication stickers but are not in the system yet.

Did anyone else see these or has anyone seen anything like it? please let me know thanks. I could also use some help photomatching them.

I will get photos up soon

Thanks,

Cole

Hoosier39
01-25-2014, 10:01 PM
The Edgar's had Mlb stickers on them?

coletrain98
01-25-2014, 10:10 PM
here are the pictures

coletrain98
01-25-2014, 10:11 PM
The Edgar's had Mlb stickers on them?

yea they said they just found the bats a couple days ago so they authenticated them as team issued

Hoosier39
01-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Ah I gotcha. Well the Edgar looks pretty good to me.

MyOhMy0534
01-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Wow nice finds. I'm a big mariners fan did they have any brad miller or nick franklin items on sale?

coletrain98
01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Wow nice finds. I'm a big mariners fan did they have any brad miller or nick franklin items on sale?

no bats of them but i believe they had a couple of jerseys and they had about 50 helmets and i didnt really look through all of them but there might have been a miller or a franklin.

MyOhMy0534
01-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Just curious what would a jersey run their?

coletrain98
01-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Just curious what would a jersey run their?

team issued jerseys about 250

game used jerseys about 350-400 regular price

they run sales where all memorabilia is 30-50% off for promotions like during Christmas, fanfest, opening day ect. so those are the best times to get anything.

VanCan
01-26-2014, 01:55 AM
By any chance did they have any Alex Liddi bats or helmets at all?

Thanks

frikativ54
01-26-2014, 02:04 AM
By any chance did they have any Alex Liddi bats or helmets at all?

Thanks

I saw a Liddi helmet; email me.

MarinersFan34
01-26-2014, 02:06 AM
The Edgar bats all appeared to be just issued, some still had the plastic bag on them, a few had a very light amount of tar but none were the typical tar caked bats you're used to seeing. Cole did get the one with the most use but to me it seemed more like a BP bat to me, it may very well be a gamer but I passed because of the lack of typical use. That Sorrento was an odd one for sure and I came to the same conclusion of testing a pen/signature.

To answer some of the other questions..

The helmets are mixed years, so you've got to be careful and not just rely on the number on the back, many were the newer style but a number of them are from a few years back I believe.

As for jerseys, I saw the most expensive marked at $300 but there was a 50% sale going on so most jerseys were $100, $125 or $150. I may have missed some but I think that was the most expensive. No special themed jerseys except 2 of the military camo night jerseys, Saunders and Wedge. A good portion of them also had the HY patch on the sleeve worn for the last few weeks? of the season. Most players had most of the styles avail. BP, Home, Road, Teal, Navy.

Overall a good number of jerseys from last year but there weren't really any locker nameplates or hats to be found. An ok selection of bats, esp. if you're a Mike Morse fan, it seemed like half of the total bats there were his.

Ray371170
01-26-2014, 05:49 AM
I was looking for a Griffey Jr. Team issued Spring Training Jersey. Can you see if any are available for me?

coletrain98
01-26-2014, 11:36 AM
would you guys recommend getting the edgar bat authenticated by psa?

Hoosier39
01-26-2014, 11:53 AM
would you guys recommend getting the edgar bat authenticated by psa?

I would leave it as is

cfern023
01-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Did they have any yellow A's throwback jerseys?

MarinersFan34
01-27-2014, 04:50 AM
I don't recall seeing any jerseys from any other team all weekend. The team issued and sometimes game worn jerseys from other teams tbtc games are often put up for sale during the year via silent auction. I have seen various Oakland and Angels throwbacks offered up for sale the past few years.

The team does cherry pick sometimes before the items hit the racks, if you ever notice their mlb auctions, so you probably will never see any Griffey items.

All the remaining Edgar bats were issued and not even touched except a few marks from handling. The last price I saw on those was $150 ea.