PDA

View Full Version : Strange GU baseball

jake33
01-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Thought this was interesting and wanted to share.
This morning I was at an indoor hitting facility for an adult baseball league I am in and was hitting off of a team with a large bin of about 175 baseballs. During hitting, I noticed a baseball that had MLB stamping on it, and thought it was strange, since almost all the balls are unmarked, and the ones that are marked, certainly are not OMLB's. So, I picked up the ball and rotated it, I then noticed right by the Rawlings logo an MLB hologram and the ball was clearly rubbed with the mud. The ball was also hit a few times and the hologram cereal numbers are total smeared.

I switched out the baseball in the bin with a generic ball that I had that was in better shape and took the mlb ball home. After examining the ball, I am trying to read the serial numbers with a magnifying glass and will post it if I can get a read on them. I would love to know how that ball got in that bin, but will probably never know. Very strange, but just wonder if anyone has ever ran into a story like that. The ball was towards the bottom of the bin and I assume it was there for a very long time. The hologram is the style they used from 2008-2012.