PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Jersey Manufacturer

HunterFikes
01-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know who manufactured Alabama Football Jerseys in the late 1980s? When did they change to Nike? I recently purchased a Jersey from the late 1980s and its a Russell? Are there any things I should look fro when attempting to authenticating it?

G1X
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
The Crimson Tide wore Russell through 1994 before switching to Nike in 1995. The 1980s/early '90s Russell jerseys should have screened-on numbers on the front and back only. They stopped putting numbers on the sleeves in the early 1970s. They had name plates added around 1982, took them off again for a couple of years, and then appears to have added them for good around 1987. However, I would need to do some research to confirm the name plate info.

Hope this helps!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always begging for WFL uniforms, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, and any jerseys of Alfred Jenkins (Falcons or Birmingham WFL) or Gerard Williams ('Skins, 49ers, Cardinals or Birmingham WFL).

HunterFikes
01-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks. It is from 1987 to 1990. It has the name and doesn't have numbers on the sleeves. I am all but positive it is real. I just don't know if it was worn in a game. If I could determine the year I would have a better idea if it was game used or just issued.

G1X
01-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Does the jerseys show any signs of use? What number is on the jersey and who is the player? Post some photos, or contact me at gixc@verizon.net, and I will try to help.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Looking for WFL uniforms, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, and any jerseys of Alfred Jenkins (Falcons or Birmingham WFL) or Gerard Williams ('Skins, 49ers, Cardinals or Birmingham WFL).

HunterFikes
01-28-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't see a ton of use. The letters on the name are a little worn in spots. The sleeves seem a little shorter than some jerseys I have owned in the past.