PDA

View Full Version : How screwed Am I ???? Shipping To Canada

Phil316
01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
So to make a long story short i usually do not sell many items let alone on Ebay. Well I needed a few extra bucks. Put up a jersey and it sold for 650.00 buy it now to a fellow I have dealt before in Canada.

I leave a note for the wife to get insurance for 600.00 this morning on top of the package with the customs forms all filled out. I call the wife "Thanks for mailing my package and did you make sure to get insurance ?" dead silence on the other end of the phone. :eek: Now I know that is not good.

Needless to say it is being shipped to Canada with no insurance and a full declared value.:mad:

Any bets if it makes it ?

A few sleepless days await

otismalibu
01-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I think your buyer will need to pay a tax on that declared value.

Phil316
01-22-2014, 10:45 PM
He knows that. I just worry it will not make it there.

ferro39
01-22-2014, 10:46 PM
insurance shouldnt be an issue, but it should have been sent global express priority, which comes with signature confirmation

without it, if he wants to be a chode, you're pretty much screwed. in most instances, people generally are honest though

Phil316
01-22-2014, 11:19 PM
insurance shouldnt be an issue, but it should have been sent global express priority, which comes with signature confirmation

without it, if he wants to be a chode, you're pretty much screwed. in most instances, people generally are honest though

Thanks for the positive vibes. He has bought from me before and has over 1000 positives.

I think the wife feels bad. She made a sweet dinner and who knows what could happen later :eek:.

ferro39
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
on any transaction >$250 (selling price +shipping) you need to have signature. it can show delivered, but paypal will automatically refund the buyer without a signature

international buyers dont like paying the $40-60 it costs to send that way, but such is life. sellers need to protect themselves

bravesfanjd
01-23-2014, 12:54 AM
I ship to Canada quite a bit and I feel like it is the safest place to ship besides the United States and I have sent plenty of items first class no tracking or insurance and never had an issue

Phil316
01-23-2014, 01:25 AM
sellers need to protect themselves

I could not agree more. I will be shipping myself from here on out ;)

emann
01-23-2014, 01:45 AM
I think the wife feels bad. She made a sweet dinner and who knows what could happen later :eek:.

The above got a laugh...

I agree with the last comment, I think Canada is relatively reliable. I'd have the buyer on lookout though to avoid it sitting on his doorstep for an afternoon...

Skizzick
01-23-2014, 03:09 AM
I don't know, man. For $650, that's a five-star steakhouse and a half hour with Lisa Ann.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
I'd contact the buyer and make sure they are home to grab it right when it comes. I wouldn't want it sitting on their front doorstep all day.

tella27
01-24-2014, 02:09 PM
eBay has their global shipping program - all you should of had to was send it to them and they charge the buyer the true shipping for international packages. Once it gets to the global shipping place you are out of the woods - you can't lose money for it being lost or stolen - it's all on the global shipping place.
With that Canada is almost like sending it here.

joelsabi
01-24-2014, 05:33 PM
So to make a long story short i usually do not sell many items let alone on Ebay. Well I needed a few extra bucks. Put up a jersey and it sold for 650.00 buy it now to a fellow I have dealt before in Canada.

I leave a note for the wife to get insurance for 600.00 this morning on top of the package with the customs forms all filled out. I call the wife "Thanks for mailing my package and did you make sure to get insurance ?" dead silence on the other end of the phone. :eek: Now I know that is not good.

Needless to say it is being shipped to Canada with no insurance and a full declared value.:mad:

Any bets if it makes it ?

A few sleepless days await

canadians are real honest. take the wife out to the movies and relax

Phil316
01-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Taking her and the little one out for dinner tonight then to a Seattle Thunderbirds game. Should be a good time.

It's not really the person I worry about as much as the postal workers.

Phil316
01-28-2014, 09:19 PM
So a quick update. The package has not been updated since the 26th. It currently just says "customs clearance processing complete" should I expect some kind of update?

Hoosier39
01-28-2014, 09:39 PM
So a quick update. The package has not been updated since the 26th. It currently just says "customs clearance processing complete" should I expect some kind of update?

Don't be surprised if it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, or longer.

Phil316
01-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Even if it was sent priority? I thought it would be a shorter time frame.

Hoosier39
01-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Even if it was sent priority? I thought it would be a shorter time frame.

I personally have sent something priority and took much longer than I thought. I bought a baseball card from Canada and it took almost a month to get.

I don't send or buy from many other places, but it seems like Canada is real picky with what comes in and leaves there.

ferro39
01-29-2014, 10:40 AM
priority doesnt offer door to door delivery confirmation, so you might not get any additional updates from here on

as to whether it shows delivered, that depends on the mood of the postal carrier that particular day. it's generally a crap shoot...but again, it doesnt really matter at this point.

it can show delivered, but if you dont have a signature (because of the amount of the transaction), if the buyer wants to screw you, he or she can.

dtmd59
02-04-2014, 08:40 PM
eBay has their global shipping program - all you should of had to was send it to them and they charge the buyer the true shipping for international packages. Once it gets to the global shipping place you are out of the woods - you can't lose money for it being lost or stolen - it's all on the global shipping place.
With that Canada is almost like sending it here.

That program is a joke and not even close to real costs.

sportsnbikes
02-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Update us. Did your customer get their package?

Phil316
02-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Update us. Did your customer get their package?

Sorry for not updating sooner. YES my customer got his package and he is very happy with the item.

I was real worried but in the end it worked out. Thanks for everyone's feedback and concern's.