PDA

View Full Version : Challenge To All Forum Members....

amex46
12-09-2006, 01:39 PM
as much as this forum is jut killing historic auction and alot of the bash is justified with the photo proff that has been provided. i would like to challenge the forum members to find any of there football jerseys they are offering and to authenticate it with photo proof bc i can seem to or any other hard proof.

Frank
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Amex,

I posted this a while back and you never responded:

amex46:
What do you personally have against Historic? I know some people on here had problems with them, but you clearly have it out for them. You've made 24 posts since you've gotten here and here is the breakdown of your posts:
9 Negative To Historic
4 Against Bernie
3 Didn't Make Sense
2 Against Grey Flannel
2 Question
1 Question About Lou
1 Helped A User
1 Negative To Steiner
1 Selling Something

Now I could care less how many posts you make or what anybody on here talks about but when the majority of your posts are negative to a specific company, it really makes me wonder.
Tell us, what items did you really bid on in Historic? Why do you have it out for them? Have you ever even bid?

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but it's just odd that you are always against them and hardly pick on anybody else (except Bernie and Grey Flannel).

Now, that was back in June after you recently joined. I'm sure the percents are about the same since you continually pick on Historic.

Have you even ever tried to talk to them about any of their mistakes? Have you called up and spoke to anybody about any of this? It personally seems like you have a vendetta with them and only like to criticize relentlessly.

amex46
12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
well to me there is alot more bad than good in the hobby it really bothers me how soo many houses try to pass off bad items and rip peoples hard earned money off. i personally have called and emailed them about items with little to no response and all i get is "well it comes from a great source, ohhh.....its right from the team,,ohhh yeah little to no use buts its game worn by a lineman or running back".....all the items i posted about historic are true and backed up about which jerseys they are selling are in question IMO. i am only looking out for people here who might spend alot of money on such an item that is not game worn. we all have been burned by an item in our time collecting it just part of the business but if what i am saying is true..which it is , by calling the jerseys i listed into question could save someone some $$ i am happy to do it...thanks

Frank
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
well to me there is alot more bad than good in the hobby it really bothers me how soo many houses try to pass off bad items and rip peoples hard earned money off. i personally have called and emailed them about items with little to no response and all i get is "well it comes from a great source, ohhh.....its right from the team,,ohhh yeah little to no use buts its game worn by a lineman or running back".....all the items i posted about historic are true and backed up about which jerseys they are selling are in question IMO. i am only looking out for people here who might spend alot of money on such an item that is not game worn. we all have been burned by an item in our time collecting it just part of the business but if what i am saying is true..which it is , by calling the jerseys i listed into question could save someone some $$ i am happy to do it...thanks

I know you are trying to sound like a saint here, but you didn't answer my questions. You're trying to hide behind the fact you are "helping" people but when have you actually called an auction house and had a talk regarding the items? Have you? What items have you bid on before? To me it just sounds like you just like to start fights with people rather than actually help. Rather than just be negative, why don’t you work with the auction houses to improve the industry? If you care so greatly, offer free help to make the whole industry better. I’d like to see people here, in general, be more positive and helping rather than just point fingers without facts and then feel better about everything because they exposed the "big bad auction house".

amex46
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
if you read my post before i have contacted, emailed, and called all the auction houses over jerseys i question and i posted the type of responses i got. lets be hoenst here the items i called into question are what they are HIGHLY questionable, how i decide to participate in this forum is my own business and people can take what i say with a grain of salt. but the fact of the matter is the jerseys i have pointed out are very clear cut. you just have a diffrent thought process on what types of posts i post, but the main point is i know what my own reasons are for posting what i post and i do it because buyers have very little rights when buying from these houses..." ALL SALES ARE FINAL"... dosent sit well with many people and offers no buyer protection. auction houses must step up the time and effort they put into items imo and must offer some refund for items that for any reason proven to be not game worn or as stated imo.

Eric
12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey there

Did you say you had talked to the people at Historic about the questionable items over the phone? How did it go?

amex46
12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
eric
when i called historic first off it took a while to reach someone bc there auction reps never seemed to be there. i asked about just the factual aspect of all the jerseys in question on this board, such as the l.white jersey the patriots jerseys but could make it past the patriots jerseys, he said the white was obtained from the team as well as the patriots jerseys and he had no reason to question if they were authentic or not. i was very polite and respectful and simply asked about the aspect of the jersey and why the dont match up to photos or specs of the team. after the white jersey, then the givens, and dillion i got hung up on when he stated "the game usedforum is bullshit" and they came from the team, etc etc. when talking to him i did tell him "listin man i dont want you to have an upset customer on your hands if someone buys it" i was not trying to start a fight with him just looking out for him, a bidder, and the industry. try callin anyone else and asking about the jerseys see what happens when you call them and please share...thanks

Eric
12-11-2006, 08:52 PM
who did you speak to?