PDA

View Full Version : Would a missing tag devalue an item?

yankees24
01-16-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm trying to sell an NBA game worn jersey and there was an interested seller, but after sending him photos he complained that the jersey has lesser value because the collar tag was missing (it's the paper manufacturer tag that lists the sizing). What are your views, how important is a jersey that is complete with its original taggings?

ousooner_85
01-16-2014, 09:02 AM
I try to value/judge/evaluate each jersey as a stand alone item. I prefer the jersey to have all the proper tagging for identification purposes and clarity in what i'm actually holding or looking to purchase.

It doesn't stop my for acquiring the item if some tagging is missing, if I feel like I have an iron clad photo match, provenance beyond a doubt (in my mind anyway) and of course comfort with the origin/seller.

I think for maximum dollar, it helps for an item to be complete. Lack of tagging scares away or brings in doubt with some buyers because of the all the fraudulent stuff we see in the game used world. I guess it just boils down to personal preference and comfort level with the item.