PDA

View Full Version : what type of adesive are football helmet logos made of?

VERIS#60
01-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Hello, I was wondering what the sticky residue on football helmet logos are made of? It is the clear logo with heavy vinyl. One logo is a little loose and won't stay affixed to helmet. I have tried heating it and it must be dried. Anyone know what to do? Thank for any help!
bruce

808jerseys
01-17-2014, 01:24 PM
This worked for me:
Clean area with GooGone, lifted area of decal & helmet shell. Then use soap & watered cloth to prep area. Use clear 2 sided tape, apply to back of decal making sure all areas are covered.Trim tape to decal. Take a warm hair dryer to decal & helmet area for a better hold. Remove backing of tape & pressing middle of decal outwards. This will help eliminate bubbles under decal. Take warm hair dryer to area of decal, & press.
Good luck & Happy collecting!!

808jerseys
01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
I forgot to mention . Acid free 2way tape from your local craft store, is the way to go.

abstractheory
01-20-2014, 09:46 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-467MP-467-MP-Double-Sided-Adhesive-Transfer-Tape-12-/111248387213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e6ebac8d

Very good advice 808jerseys. This is the way to go.

This is what I have used in the past. It's an industrial sticker/decal adhesive made by 3M (same material most professional decals are made of) and is great for corners or completely transferring a completely new adhesive for the entire decal. I have had nothing but great results and always have a sheet or two on hand, being a helmet collector and all. This seller sells in 12" x 36" sheets which is nice since the roll itself costs hundreds of dollars.

Good luck!