PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auction Chipper Jones Jersey

gingi79
01-13-2014, 08:38 PM
I was very excited to see this jersey available for sale for a few reasons which other Braves fans may be interested in.

First of all, Chipper wore this Alternate style cream pseudo-throwback for only one season. It's from his final season which it kind of cool and it has an epically clean signature and nice inscription.

I did however notice it is a s20 meaning SET NUMBER 20! They wore this style on Saturdays and Sundays in 2012 but only for home games. (as per a Braves release Feb. 2012) This means, Chipper Jones wore this style jersey for a maximum of 26 games. (as per their 2012 schedule) I tried finding a game log to verify which games he may not have played in but was unsuccessful. He did miss 50 games his final season however. (As per espn and mlb)

Just an FYI, it may have been worn in one or less games.

Phil316
01-14-2014, 12:49 AM
I often wondered if the sets where a combined number. Meaning home where set 1-8, 9-17 where road ect.... I have a hard to believing they had 20 sets made of this style.

flaco1801
01-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Dont you think all his friends and family wanted a gamer from his last season?

Phil316
01-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Dont you think all his friends and family wanted a gamer from his last season?

I do not know Chipper or his family so I would not know. :) We would have to see if all the other Braves jersey's set's where that high of a number i guess. Or even see how the sets where divided. I am sure Kyle would know.