PDA

View Full Version : non game auction gloves

cjclong
12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I wondered how often it is that a player uses a different glove for pregame warmups than the one he uses in a game? In the just completed Greyflannel auction there was a Mariano Rivera glove (lott 370) that they stresed was used by him in nongame situations and was not worn in an actual game. Also in the current Lelands auction there is a Derek Jeter glove (lott 340) that they say was used by him in Spring training 2000 but maybe not afterward. I was just curious how often a player would use one glove for practice and another during the actual game or season as it would seem the player would want to use a glove in a game that was broken in.

allstarsplus
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Most players have 1 favorite glove for game play, but usually have at least 1 back-up glove. The game glove is certainly going to be well broken in.

I think that players on occassion players will try out other gloves during BP or at least use their back up.

I saw a bunch of the Nationals players using these multi-color Zett gloves during BP at the end of the season which were easy to spot. Ryan Zimmerman had this funky blue & white Zett glove that one of the coaches gave him. He said why sweat on his gamer. I guess that makes sense.