PDA

View Full Version : HHH Metrodome Memorabilia

tony433433
12-31-2013, 01:23 PM
With the already-started destruction of the Metrodome, who here is going to be adding some keepsakes from the former Twins/Vikings home? I know that I have put in my order for 2 seats (for pure comfort in the mancave, of course).

Order the seats: http://albrechtsigncompany.com/

Anyone else know where to get some of the pieces of the Dome? Have cool artifacts already in your collection? Let's see it, MN collectors!

jake33
12-31-2013, 02:35 PM
From my experience, the Metrodome was not really something I think should be well remembered. I think i attended at least 50 football and baseball games in that place. The Stadium that was built in the early 1980's got out dated quickly. The stairs were uneven. There was obstructed view seats, the upper deck was ridiculously steep. That stadium took away a huge outdoor advantage the Vikings could have had.

In general, is it safe to say there were more bad memories for the home team in the Metrodome, than good memories?

1998 NFC Title Game
Roof Caves in
Baseballs lost in the roof
Baseballs rolling forever on routine ground balls
The garbage bag for a wall in right field

On a postive note, I do credit that dome for helping the Twins with gaining a significant home field advantage their championships in 1987 and 1991.

Just like Tropicana Field, when that gets torn down, I won't be looking to get a piece of that mess of a stadium that cost my favorite team a good amount of revenue over the last 15 years.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
12-31-2013, 07:51 PM
I will never forget that pile of inflated junk because I flew into the Minneapolis airport the next morning and got to see it all deflated and destroyed with a birds eye view.

But it looks like the seats are a decent price for a die hard Twins Vikings fan. Though the shipping will likely be costly. I also noticed you could get certain seats, do teams usually give that opportunity? How cool would it be to have the seat you watched your first game in or something.

ironmanfan
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I know I recently posted this in the autograph forum, but here is a 2009 HHH Commemorative ball signed by Cal Ripken with two key career game inscriptions that he played there

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Misc%20Ripken/DSC01235.jpg (http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/Misc%20Ripken/DSC01235.jpg.html)

sox83cubs84
01-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I made three visits to the Rollerdome (as Mike Ditka called it) over the years.

First off, a 1984 Bears-Vikings game in which the Bears won their division. They gave up a FG to the Vikes on the first drive, then scored the final 37 points to win in a walk. Steve Fuller was the QB.

Second: The 1985 MLB All-Star Game, with an assist from a Twins clubhouse pal who got me three tickets.
Finally, a Twins game that I only vaguely remembering the early 1990s
during the weekend of card show Shirley and I set up at. I recall Kirby Puckett signing autographs, but the crowds were just too thick, and, since I don't believe in being a bully to get n autograph, I was unable to score.

Dave Miedema

bbocan
02-25-2014, 01:16 PM
I've kept quite a few items from the Dome including seats, section LED signs, the center field 408ft. distance baggie, and a certain special outfield seat...

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else collected!

Melissa1334
02-25-2014, 06:03 PM
i have the same ball above. got it at a us cellular field during bp, was walking to my seat and it fell right next to me lol it was the angels bp and they had just come from Minnesota so it got brought with

bbocan
02-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Here's one of the LED's I got, I've got about 10 more also.

sox83cubs84
02-26-2014, 09:09 PM
i have the same ball above. got it at a us cellular field during bp, was walking to my seat and it fell right next to me lol it was the angels bp and they had just come from Minnesota so it got brought with

The same thin happened to me during a visit by Cleveland. I was hawking Tribe BP and got 4 baseballs....three of them were the Metrodome logo baseballs, as they, too, had just played in the Twin Cities.

Dave Miedema