PDA

View Full Version : Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

mmonte4
12-06-2006, 08:07 PM
hey guys, ive been a huge canseco fan since 88. i am seriously considering bidding on this jersey. i am not a big baseball jersey guy, so i need opinions as to the authenticty. thanks!!!

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1008-Jose-Canseco-1988-World-Series-Game-Used-Jersey_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28270QQihZ007QQi temZ170053310797QQrdZ1#la-image-2

mailman93
12-06-2006, 09:42 PM
It looks good to me. I have a 1988 Canseco world series jersey in my collection. too bad they don't have pics of the tagging. I'm not a big fan of it being framed, and the 20% hammer fee. thanks Dan

kingjammy24
12-06-2006, 10:31 PM
it's extremely difficult if not impossible to analyze a jersey that's framed as you can't see the tagging or the back. the truth about this jersey can only be realized once you take it out of the frame.

i've seen dan's 1988 canseco home WS jersey. gentlemen, i have to believe that canseco only used 1 home jersey during the 1988 WS.

given that dan has one, i'd be nervous about bidding on this one. i do like the inscription that this one has. either way it's a crapshoot. if you win it, then i'd say that either you or dan have the home jersey canseco wore in the 1988 world series. the interesting question is which one will it be.

perhaps juan iglesias can share his insight into this matter.

rudy.

JasonM33
12-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I saw this jersey too and I wanted to bid on it. The 20% buyers premium hurts. I asked about the tagging lst week and I didn't get a response. I was thinking that he only had one home 88 World Series jersey. Unless the first one got dirty and they didn't have time to wash it for the next game.

I also took note of the fact that Canseco signed it 88 game jersey and not 88 world series game jersey. The 88 world series is listed at the bottom and could just be a list of accomplishments and not neccisarily meaning that this is the actual world Series gamer. It's pretty easy to slap a World Series patch on a jersey. I'm not saying it is real and I'm not saying it isn't. Ijust have my suspicions.

There seems to be a lot of Canseco fans here. We should compare notes on our collections.

Holler at me fellas

jmeekins33@qwest.net

mmonte4
12-07-2006, 11:32 AM
did you guys see his first ever homerun ball from 1985? please critique:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Cansecos-First-MLB-Home-Run-Ball-w-COA_W0QQitemZ290055638152QQihZ019QQcategoryZ73418Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JasonM33
12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
That's the real deal. I've seen a picture of it in a 1986 issue of Sports Illustrated.

Very cool.

-Jason

CansecoPower33
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I'd imagine they'll not send you any additional photos because it's consigned to an auction house. I too would be put off by the the lack of jocktag pictures, and now learning that mailman93 has another home gamer from the 88 Series.

CansecoPower33
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
My apologies for double posting (I don't see an edit option) - about the Canseco ball, it's being sold on behalf of Jose?

From the seller (acgwebman):

"I am selling this for Jose and he would like to leave the ball for the full auction. Let me know if you have further questions. THX Jim"

Has anyone ever known Jose to sell through others on ebay? Strange considering he has his own store on josecanseco.com. Jason, you have the SI issue with the ball featured? If you do, and it's not too much trouble, could you possibly post pictures? Thanks.

JasonM33
12-07-2006, 04:05 PM
It's a small pic but here it is. Great article by the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/IpreferKeaton/misc/scan0002.jpg

CansecoPower33
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks Jason. Very much appreciated. :)

JasonM33
12-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Any time, I'm glad to help any way I can. I have a decently large collection of Canseco magazines and pictures.

I also just noticed that Mark from Canseconet.com is the high bidder on the ball right now. Is he a member here?

-Jason M

mailman93
12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
the jersey does look good, but I can't say for sure if its a world series jersey. too much of a gamble to take, plus the 20% fee. the problem with framing is, they sometimes use glue to keep the jersey in place. I know a few friends that took the jersey out of the frame, and saw that the glue had stained the jersey. it is possible that Jose wore 2 home jerseys, you never know. maybe we should ask Jose. the person that is selling the ball is a fellow named Jim. he takes care of all of Jose's game used stuff. he has sold a few stuff on ebay, and on his site. I've bought 4 game used jerseys, plus a few other stuff from Jose and Jim. the ball is legit. thanks Dan

CansecoPower33
12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Any time, I'm glad to help any way I can. I have a decently large collection of Canseco magazines and pictures.

I also just noticed that Mark from Canseconet.com is the high bidder on the ball right now. Is he a member here?

-Jason M

I'm not sure if he is a member; can't say I've seen him on the forum.

Thanks for the info about the seller, mailman93.

Joe

GrndSlm
12-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Sorry I havent posted earlier but I was on vacation. This first home run ball is legit !! I have seen it in person and the ball is exactly the one Jose had in his sports room. Now, with respect to the 88 WS jersey......In 1988 Jose got 2 home and 2 road at the beginning of the year. As the year went on they got either stolen or given away little by little until Vucinich (eqpt mgr) ordered another set of one each. After that, all of Jose's jerseys came without set/year tags until the post season. I saw that Dan has one 1988 and I have one road 1988 World Series jersey. I know that there is another set out there that might surface and maybe this is one of them. I need to know that tagging information to make sure. I have emailed the seller but has not responded. I hope i have been of assistance.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
Iglesias Sports Mgmt.

GrndSlm@aol.com

JasonM33
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Juan. It's great that you share your knowledgeso much.

I'd love to see a picture of your 88 World Series jersey sometime.

-Jason M

mailman93
12-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey Juan, thanks for the info. I didn't see the 1988 world series jersey on your list, that you emailed me awhile back. I'm curious what other game used jerseys you have? thanks again Dan

CansecoPower33
12-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Juan, also want to thank you for the info. It's great to have someone of your knowledge on the forum. Since mailman93 asked first, first dibs, but I'd definitely be interested if you're selling any Canseco equipment, whether it be bats, balls, jerseys, gloves from his Oakland days.

Cheers,

Joe

JasonM33
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Juan, also want to thank you for the info. It's great to have someone of your knowledge on the forum. Since mailman93 asked first, first dibs, but I'd definitely be interested if you're selling any Canseco equipment, whether it be bats, balls, jerseys, gloves from his Oakland days.

Cheers,

Joe

He he, I call 3rd in line. :p

-Jason M

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 10:30 AM
The auction for the Canseco first home run ball has ended. Anyone know what happened there? I'll contact the seller after work, just checking if anyone knows why it was pulled. He stated that he would not end the auction early - guess he went back on that.

Thanks

Joe

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Jim (the seller) got back to me and explained that the ball has been sold for an offer Jose couldn't refuse. It's a real shame - I was hoping someone here was going to come up with it. I've asked for an inventory of other Canseco items he has available. I'll keep you posted.

mailman93
12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
that sucks, I was very interested in the ball. oh well, I guess I should of put an offer in. I asked about a price Jose wanted for the ball, but Jim said he would let the auction run. I'm curious what the offer was? maybe next time

JasonM33
12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Interesting. I wonder what the offer was.

I'd also love to know what Jose has left in his collection. I've seen the 40/40 display on his site. Hmmmmmmmm.

-Jason M

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Well I'll let you know what the inventory is. Hopefully he gets back to me tonight. It's disappointing that he let the auction end as I'm sure the ball would have fetched good money anyway; there was enough interested. Wonder who bought it and what's going to happen with it. My guess is Mark Petrillo bought it.

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
The 88 jersey went for $2,400 to a floor bidder.

JasonM33
12-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Well I'll let you know what the inventory is. Hopefully he gets back to me tonight.

Thanks! I'd really appreciate that.

jmeekins33@qwest.net

CollectGU
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Just curious, what is more valuable to the Canseco collectors - his 1st home run ball or a World Series jersey?

Thanks,
Dave

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
For me, his first home run ball would have more meaning than pretty much any World Series jersey. Of all the World Series jerseys I'd have to put the grey road jersey he wore in Game One of the 1988 World Series at the top, his first World Series appearance, his first career grand slam, all capping off his MVP year - all with that beautiful white elephant patch on the sleeve. Between that jersey and the first home run ball - it's impossible to say. Missing out on the ball is tough to swallow.

JasonM33
12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Personally I favor jerseys over baseballs even historic ones like the 1st HR ball. Signatures on baseballs can sometimes fade drastically over time. I also think jerseys look more impressive in a collection. With that said, a World Series jersey is at the top of my wish list. I hope to have on in my collection some day. That's my 2 cents worth.

-Jason M

kingjammy24
12-08-2006, 09:49 PM
personally, i'd rather have his W.S. jersey. i've never had much affinity for historic balls in general. for that matter, i'd rather have his 1990 BP jersey than his 1st HR ball. but hey, that's me.

anyway, while we're on the topic, here are canseco's 2 other W.S. road jerseys. 1990 on top, 1989 on bottom.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1450/cansecoby6.jpg

rudy.

JasonM33
12-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Whoa! Where'd you get those pictures? That 89 Road WS jersey is my holy grail.

- Jason M

mailman93
12-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I think it all depends what you collect. I prefer jerseys . I would rather have the world series jersey, which I have the home 1988 . the ball would of been nice, I just don't like how he said he wouldn't end the auction and then he did. oh well, what can you do.

mailman93
12-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I was bidding on that 89 world series jersey awhile ago. it was at $3000 and i said no way Jose. way too much for my liking. I think the 1990 ws jersey went for $2500 a few years ago. they do go for alot. it all depends what you think its worth.

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I'd go to that price for a World Series jersey, especially the 1988.

mailman93
12-08-2006, 11:12 PM
those prices were in major auction houses, that price is minus the hammer fee plus eveything else. I paid alot less for my 1988 world series jersey, and my 2000 road yankees world series jersey. plus I didn't have to pay anything extra. I have a question,either a world series jersey or a rookie jersey of Canseco? my choice is the rookie jersey. if you guys want to check out my jerseys, just go to webshots.com and look under LEAFS93. thanks Dan

CansecoPower33
12-08-2006, 11:34 PM
WOW!! If ever you're selling, please let me know. Your collection is simply amazing.

mailman93
12-08-2006, 11:46 PM
thanks alot. it took me years to build up that collection. I have 2 more on the way. I picked up the home and road blue jays jersey. so I have the trio with the home, away, and the alternate. I live in Toronto, so those jerseys are alittle special for me. thanks Dan

kingjammy24
12-09-2006, 12:13 AM
those pics were from my photo library. both look like really nice shirts.

it's a curious thing how canseco gamers still fetch a substantial price despite the steroid admissions and how his career turned out.

dan, i take it you didn't bid on the '88 WS shirt on ebay? do you think canseco used 2 home jerseys during the '88 series? (on webshots you've got a road jersey labeled as a 1991 but the flag tag seems to read 1990.)which of the shirts on webshots were obtained directly from canseco?

when choosing between jerseys, the most important point for me is the amount of use. i'd take a regular season gamer that's hammered over a jersey that was used for only 3 or 4 world series games. (as far as i know, the a's took their regular season jerseys into the world series in '88, '89, and '90 so most of those a's world series gamers should also show considerable use from the regular season which is a nice bonus.)
to answer the WS vs rookie gamer question, i'd take whichever one showed more use. if there was a regular season gamer of his that was more heavily used than either the rookie jersey or WS gamer, then i'd take the regular season one. if the WS shirt and the rookie shirt showed equal use, i'd take the WS shirt. ideally i want a shirt from the pinnacle of an athlete's career and canseco was bigger in 1989 than he was in 1986. (no steroid pun intended).

rudy.

mailman93
12-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey Rudy, I didn't bid on the 88 world series jersey on ebay. I didn't like how its framed, also you cant see the tagging. another thing i noticed was the inscription on the jersey. its say 1988 game jersey, and then he puts all the things he did that year. he put 88 world series at the end. I was thinking if it was a world series jersey, Jose would put 1988 world series game jersey. its werid. the jersey looks good, but i don't think its a world series jersey. on my webshots, the road jersey is 1991. the tag is set 1 1991. I also got the pants. I've gotten 4 jerseys from Jose. I got the road rookie uniform, TBTC rangers uniform, alternate blue jays uniform , and a home white sox. I also picked the blue jays dugout jersey from him. I also love jerseys that show alot of wear, sometimes its tough to find on baseball gamers. you make some good points Rudy. some of his jerseys still comand alot, its very werid. thanks Dan

JasonM33
12-09-2006, 02:52 AM
those pics were from my photo library. both look like really nice shirts.

it's a curious thing how canseco gamers still fetch a substantial price despite the steroid admissions and how his career turned out.

Thanks for posting the pics. I sure hope another 89 World Series jersey shows up on the market some day. I'd kill for one.

Why are Jose's gamers still desirable? Well, speaking for myself, I still love Canseco. He's my favorite player and always will be. Steroids or no steroids. I was involved in bodybuilding for a while so I knew Jose was on something even back in the day. It never bothered me. I'll stop there because steroids and Jose's book is a debate for another thread.

Canseco was an exciting player with an interesting personality as well.
He did things I'd never seen anyone do before and he did it all with style. That's something that's severly lacking in todays game in my opinion. I just wish he didn't have back problems because they limited his playing time so much. Jose's statistics per 162 games compare favorably with the best players in baseball history. All he needed to do was play.

Continuing to collect Canseco's stuff is a fun hobby for me that reminds me of more interesting time in sports history. Plus, not everyone is after his stuff so my collection is somewhat unique. I'm rambling, sorry guys. I'm just amazed to find more dedicated Canseco fans out there.

-Jason M

JasonM33
12-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Hey Rudy, I didn't bid on the 88 world series jersey on ebay. I didn't like how its framed, also you cant see the tagging. another thing i noticed was the inscription on the jersey. its say 1988 game jersey, and then he puts all the things he did that year. he put 88 world series at the end. I was thinking if it was a world series jersey, Jose would put 1988 world series game jersey. its werid. the jersey looks good, but i don't think its a world series jersey. on my webshots, the road jersey is 1991. the tag is set 1 1991. I also got the pants. I've gotten 4 jerseys from Jose. I got the road rookie uniform, TBTC rangers uniform, alternate blue jays uniform , and a home white sox. I also picked the blue jays dugout jersey from him. I also love jerseys that show alot of wear, sometimes its tough to find on baseball gamers. you make some good points Rudy. some of his jerseys still comand alot, its very werid. thanks Dan

I agree with you 100% on that WS jersey. I didn't like that it was framed but it was the inscription that really gave me pause.

By the way, I saw your jerseys on webshots a bit ago. wow, you're my hero. I'll post some pics of my humble collection soon.

-Jason M

mailman93
12-09-2006, 11:25 AM
i was just wondering if the 1989 world series jersey is more desirable, then the 1988 or 1990. I'm assuming its because he won in it 89. the question is which one would you take, and why? I like the 88 , just because of what he accomplised in that year. the werid thing is about the game used world series 1989 bat on ebay awhile ago. nobody bid on it, and that could of been one of the best Canseco bats you could get. when he hit the homerun in game 3. I guess most people here collect jerseys. thanks Dan

JasonM33
12-09-2006, 12:36 PM
i was just wondering if the 1989 world series jersey is more desirable, then the 1988 or 1990. I'm assuming its because he won in it 89. the question is which one would you take, and why? I like the 88 , just because of what he accomplised in that year. the werid thing is about the game used world series 1989 bat on ebay awhile ago. nobody bid on it, and that could of been one of the best Canseco bats you could get. when he hit the homerun in game 3. I guess most people here collect jerseys. thanks Dan

To me the 89 is more disirable. First they won the series that year. Second I think it's more interesting to look at because of the Bart Giamatti arm bands. I would agree that game one of the 88 series was probably the pinnacle of Jose's career.....until the ninth inning that is. Doh!

Ah, the 89 game 3 bat on ebay. I really wanted that bat. I mean I really wanted it. I was going to bid on it but at the last minute I had to run to work and it slipped my mind so I didn't get my bid in on it. Does anyone know how to get a hold of the seller?

I was a little concerned about couple things though. First, the auto was faded. Second, there was no 1989 American League Champions printed on it like some of the other bats I've seen. As a matter of fact in the WS video you can clearly see it printed on a bat as he's waiting for the pitch. Although they could have cut that footage from another at bat. They did that on the 88 video. I'd love to get a photo match on that bat. Also, the COAs are copies and not originals. Either way I still want it.

-Jason M

indyred
12-09-2006, 12:39 PM
those prices were in major auction houses, that price is minus the hammer fee plus eveything else. I paid alot less for my 1988 world series jersey, and my 2000 road yankees world series jersey. plus I didn't have to pay anything extra. I have a question,either a world series jersey or a rookie jersey of Canseco? my choice is the rookie jersey. if you guys want to check out my jerseys, just go to webshots.com and look under LEAFS93. thanks Dan
Took me awhile. But finally got to your Canseco stuff and that is a great collection (Nice Maple Leafs stuff in there too)! I really like that rookie alternate yellow jersey. Was it a Sunday home type of jersey, did they even have more than one set of those? I see you also have a batting helmet of his. How often have those surfaced? I think helmets are one of the toughest things to find from some player's. I agree, I would have loved to have seen his first home run ball ebay auction run to the end. With that picture posted in here, pretty much authenticates it as the real deal. Not many balls can be proven like that one, especially with no MLB certification/Steiners around to prove it is what it is back then..........

CansecoPower33
12-09-2006, 01:03 PM

I would have bid on the 1989 bat if I had managed to fulfill two requirements: 1) Having the available funds, and 2) Having a photomatch proving the bat was the actual bat used to hit the home run in the 1989 Series.

I got burned on a Canseco bat a couple of months ago and I've told myself I'll do all my homework before bidding in future. I just want to be as close to 100% as is possible. I emailed the seller recently, after it had went unsold twice, and asked if he'd be interested in selling and if he had a photomatch. He was unsure about selling and didn't have the photomatch. If anyone has a good shot of that home run I'd love to see it, at which point I'd get to work on persuading him to sell.

I think Jason said it as well as anyone could on why Canseco is so collectible. I too grew up with Canseco my favorite player (got into baseball as a kid in the late 80s), he did do things like nobody else - and this is the thing - considering the prevalance of steroid use throughout the 1990s, how many hitters ever managed to excite in the way Jose did? I have never seen batspeed like Jose had in his prime, never, not from one single player. The steroid use was something you also knew deep down, but growing up with baseball in the 80s and 90s, it was probably easier to accept what was going on.

mailman93
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
thanks guys for the kind words about my collection. I'm from Toronto, so hockey is hugh here. I love my Leafs. the alternate was worn on sundays, like alot of teams do now. I really don't know, if they worn more then one a year. Batting helmets are very rare, because the Teams keep them. I talked to Jose about that on the phone, and thats why you don't see many of them around. I think the hardest thing to obtain is a fielding glove. I've only seen 2, in the last 6 years. mine is really beaten up, very good use. thanks Dan

JasonM33
12-11-2006, 10:29 PM
mailman93 - Now I feel lucky. I have a Canseco game used helmet in my collection. I'd love to get a Canseco fielders glove someday. Tough to find.

CansecoPower33 - You are right my friend........Bat speed.

-Jason M

CollectGU
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Jason M,

Can you tell me what issue of sports illustrated hass the pciture of canseco's 1st HR ball?

Thanks,
Dave

JasonM33
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Dave,

My problem is that I cut out the articles and made sort of a scrapbook. I'm trying to remember which one it waas but it's been so long ago that I bought the magazine. The article is called "Kiss that one goodbye" by Ron Firmrite. Great article. I'll try and figure out which one it was. It seems like it would have been around June because at the time of the article Canseco hd 19 HRs and 66 RBI.

-Jason M

JasonM33
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry for the double post. It was probably the June 9th issue with Larry Bird on the cover. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the one.

-Jason

Canseco44
12-14-2006, 08:53 AM
I am the seller of the Canseco 1989 World Series 3rd Game Bat. I too would love to see a photo match of the exact at bat that he hit it in. The bat is authenticated by PSA/DNA as the bat he used to hit the 3-run homerun with in game 3 of the 1989 World Series and the Auto is faded a bit but in person it is very clear. I have looked at a couple of World Series cards and it does appear to be the same bat as far as marks on it, but if someone could come up with a closeup of it I would appreciate it. Then I would either sell it or cry over a fake bat. But I do believe it is the real thing. Taube must have done his research on it to authenticate it. When I sent the 400th HR bat to him it graded a game used 10 and was authenticated but after he grilled me with questions about it for 15 minutes. He almost wouldn't authenticate it because he was curious why it wasn't signed. If anyone can help, please let me know. Hey Dan, are you the one on the Fan page of Jose's website with me and my daughter?

Todd

JasonM33
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
O.K.,

So how can we get some clear pics from game three. The only one I've seen is from his first at bat where he got thrown at.

-Jason M

mailman93
12-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Todd, ya thats me on his site. thats the game used rookie uniform I bought from him back in 2004. thanks Dan

CollectGU
12-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Just an FYI to all the Canseco collectors, I ended up making the deal and purchasing the Canseco 1st HR ball and will be consigning it into American Memorabilia's February auction. I am open to offers and will be pull it from the auction for the right offer. If interested in making an offer, my e-mail is djob0001@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Dave

CansecoPower33
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Another 2 90 Canseco "gamer" on ebay right now. Funny that this is the second that I have seen located in Buffalo within the last few months. The jersey has dirt stains on the shoulders and back.

I'm going to assume this is yet another of these scoreboard jerseys.

Canseco44
12-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey, I heard the deal on the Canseco 1st Homerun ball was made for $2000.00? I just bought his 400th HR ball from him. It is a great addition to my collection since I also own the 400th HR bat. If anyone has any leads to anything to do with his 400th HR let me know. I will buy or trade. If anyone would like to see the 400th Bat go to PSA/DNA.com and type in D62731 under the certification number. If anyone has any historic items of Canseco I would love to see them. Send photos to spideyman79@yahoo.com I also have for sale a Rawlings game bat that Jose ordered to use when he played for the Long Beach Armada this summer. It is likely the last bat ever ordered in Jose's professional career. If anyone would like to see it, please email me and I will send some pics. It comes with a COA from the GBL commissioner.

Todd Ricks

mailman93
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
wow, $2000 for the ball. thats going to be hard to make a profit off that price. no wonder Jose took the offer. anybody hear make an offer for ball yet? Hey Todd, who told you about the price of the ball? thanks Dan

Canseco44
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
That's confidential, but I would like to know if it is true. Also, does anyone notice that on all the Scoreboard jersey's and ball the autograph looks excactly the same. It also to me doesn't look to be a real one. It looks like someone practiced his auto over and over and got it close, but it is signed the exact same way every time. You would think after signing that many items it would vary at least a little, but everyone I have seen and even the one I once owned looked exactly the same. I can pick out a Scoreboard auto from other Canseco auto's. Has anyone else noticed this?

Todd Ricks

JasonM33
12-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Another 2 90 Canseco "gamer" on ebay right now. Funny that this is the second that I have seen located in Buffalo within the last few months. The jersey has dirt stains on the shoulders and back.

I'm going to assume this is yet another of these scoreboard jerseys.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these Score Board jerseys for my collection until I can get my hands on an Oakland A' gamer. This one is out since it has dirt stains on it. I wonder who did that and when? I hate to accuse people but it almost had to be done on purpose to make it look like the real deal. Some odd stuff about the Score Board Canseco jereys that I posted in another thread.

1. Some are signed in blue and others in black. Weird.

2. I'm not convinced that the size 50 is accurate. I've only seen him wear size 46 and 48, even later on in his career when he had gotten pretty big.

3. Do they have the added 2 inches of length? I can't tell from the pics?

-Jason

JasonM33
12-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Whoa! Speaking of Ebay finds, I just came across item #230068854656. It's an autograph card The weird thing is that the picture isn't of Jose. It's actually Osvaldo. Now that's funny.

-Jason

kingjammy24
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
it's up again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330113675933

rudy.

mailman93
04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Rudy, I was just going too post it. this is really werid, it just sold for $2092 plus hammer fee on universal rarities last month. so the guy buys it for $2500 including hammer fee, and now selling it on ebay for $1799. theres something wrong here, its been auctioned off 3 times in 4 months. I still want this jersey, but with all this other stuff going on I really don't know. its really too bad its framed. thanks Dan

kingjammy24
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
so dan.. what do you think?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160110612801

rudy.

mailman93
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey Rudy, I saw that too. it seems like a bunch of new Canseco things came on ebay. It looks ok. do you know if the seller , is a member on here? I might bid on it, I just want some info on the 88 jersey first. I sent them an email. thanks for the heads up. Dan

kingjammy24
04-26-2007, 02:54 PM
hi dan,

i don't know the seller at all. i do know that some dealer, who deals mainly in hockey items, bought a whole wack of rangers spring training shirts and mis-identified many of them. the thing is, i don't know what he really bought. major league ST shirts? legit major league BP gamers? minor league shirts? who knows. (see this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=7716 ) i do know that if i were looking for a 1994 canseco bp shirt, i'd prefer a russell.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6046/canbpmw4.jpg

rudy.

mailman93
04-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Rudy, thanks for those pics. Its hard sometimes to identify bp or ST jerseys too certain years. I might stay away now. I'm still frustrated with the 88 world series jersey. I havent heard back from them yet, and I might not. its just some things about it, don't make sense. thanks Dan

JasonM33
04-29-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't understand people that list something on ebay for $2000 with virtually no description and then won't answer email questions about the item.

-Jason M

mailman93
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey Jason, this whole thing is frustrating. the company that is auctioning it off , is owned by GAI . I want to know what the COA says. did they do it before or after it was framed. also, why has it been auctioned off 3 times in 4 months. theres something werid here. If they don't get back too me by monday, I'm going too call their customer service number. thanks Dan

JasonM33
05-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Did it sell?

mailman93
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I got incontact with the people, and we discused the jersey. they took it out of the frame, and it wasent glued bit pinned on. there are a handful of small holes on the jersey. I then decided too buy the jersey. I wasent a big fan of the small holes, but beggers cant be choosers. I just got the jersey today, and it looks good. I see the small holes, but its not that bad. theres always ways too fill in the holes. the tagging is all correct too my other 1988 jerseys. the best part was, I just photo matched it too a card. one of the number 3's on the back, was coming off. so when I looked at the card, you could see the number coming off as he swung the bat. also the world series patch matches up perfectly. so it is a world series gamer. I'm thinking my other world series jersey, was maybe used in the ALCS and then added the patch on as a back up. one thing is all 3 of my 1988 jerseys, have the exact tagging. size 46, set 1- 1988 , 2 inch exta length. I'll post some pics of it on my webshots. thanks Dan

kingjammy24
05-25-2007, 03:17 PM
dan,

is there any way you can show the photomatch?

thanks,

rudy.

mailman93
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey Rudy, I can try and take a pic of the card. I don't how good it will come out. let me see, what I can do. thanks Dan

Canseco44
05-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Congrats man. You have to have the number one collection of Canseco game jersey on the planet. I envy you. I would say I think I have the number one Canseco game used bat collection, but I think you have me on value. I have a little over 30 game bats now with about 10 from Jose himself. What is the number of jerseys you have now. Great collection man.

Todd

mailman93
05-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey Todd, thanks alot. Its been a long road , to obtain all the Canseco jerseys I have. theres been a few I missed out on, but I can't get them all lol. I'm up too 20 Canseco gamers, and counting. Todd you should create a webshots page, I would like too see all your Canseco bats. thanks Dan

JasonM33
05-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice pickup. I'm glad it worked out for you. What card is it that shows the number coming off? I'm amazed that I can't think of which one it is. I'm sure I have it somewhere. Get us some pics of the jersey when you get a chance Dan.

-Jason M

mailman93
05-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Jason, the pics of the jersey is on my webshots. the card is a Topps Woolworth from 1989. its a special collectors set, out of 33. the card is number 23 of 33. His swinging, so you can see the number coming off. it was just luck, that a found it. thanks Dan

JasonM33
05-28-2007, 09:19 PM
You got those pics up fast. That's looking good man.

-Jason M