PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on how to display bats???

EricTheRed44
12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Happy Holidays guys,

I have recently decided to branch out and collect tons of Reds players game used bats. I was wondering how each of you displayed your bats? I want to display most, if not all of them, sideways so you can read the name, etc. What is the best way to display the bats that is secure and doesnt harm the bats? I prefer to display them without a tube or protection... for the more expensive or fragile bats I will put in a display case or tube, but 99% of the bats I'd like to have out and in the open.

Also... if you're displaying bats out in the open (not where direct sun light can get to them) does it harm the bat over the years with dust? How do you dust your bats? Air? cloth? Some that have the pine tar, etc I wasnt sure if the dust effects it too much and changes the appearance of the bats.

Sorry for rambling, the man cave is in disarray and just trying to figure out my next move.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

Joe

Roady
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Here is a very recent thread dealing with displaying bats.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58543

EricTheRed44
12-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks Roady.

I saw that when it posted, perhaps I should have looked for other ideas. I dont really like any of the ideas posted, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for. I dont want a billion holes in my wall and want to make the most of the wall space. I may have to go to Home Depot and walk around and see if any ideas strike me. I was trying to think of something to hold the handle and the barrel where it wouldnt leave marks or put the bats in danger. I may just make it a project and make something myself.

Thanks for the heads up though. Always nice when people take time out of their day to point you in the right direction.

Roady
12-23-2013, 10:14 AM
You're very welcome.
Not sure of anymore ideas at the moment.
I do like HawaiiSportsNut's bat racks that he made on page 2 of the other thread. Those are very neat and uniform.

momen55
12-23-2013, 10:32 AM
slatwall.

EricTheRed44
12-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Momen55, this is more of what I had in mind.

Where did you get rack or whatver you'd call it that holds each side? Does it leave marks on bats at all or is it smooth and no issues?

Thanks

64SHEA
12-23-2013, 01:00 PM
If your also looking for a display case I have one of these that I use for my autographed game used bats. Great quality for the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300491790082?var=600007570203&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649