PDA

View Full Version : Game used item you you've obsessed the most over?

EricTheRed44
12-16-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm currently looking for game used Reds bats from players that have played since I've been around (1980). Players that stood out for one reason or another. Some are all time greats and some are just players that stood out for one reason or another (Roberto Kelly for one of the worst trades we've ever made, for example). I've been looking all over the internet and spending way too much time on it.

I've spent a ton of time on Eric Davis items before and trying to match different jerseys or bats. It made me wonder what item others have obsessed over the most. It can be something you have and have been trying to match for years or it can be an item you've been looking for but havent been able to find. Anyway, out of boredom, I thought I'd ask.

EricTheRed44
12-17-2013, 12:34 AM
This is what happens when you post a question when you're wife is talking to you. I repeated you in the title and basically the same sentence in the post. My apologies.

onlyalbert
12-17-2013, 01:27 AM
This is what happens when you post a question when you're wife is talking to you. I repeated you in the title and basically the same sentence in the post. My apologies.

I'm married and older than you so I can give you some advice.....it's better to just ignore the wife when working on baseball matters!! ;)

Item I've searched for for a while was Pujols' 2001 #68 ST jersey home or away. I suspect there may be 2 of each at most. Settled on his 2000 AFL jersey home.

3arod13
12-17-2013, 03:46 AM
A game used sign glove that Juan Gonzalez personally gave to me, which I sold to a GUU member, in order to make another big purchase. At the time, I didn't care, as I wanted the item I was chasing. As time as passed, it has eaten away at me. I hit him up a few times to let him know when he sells it to let me know, but I have been obsessing over it.

abstractheory
12-17-2013, 04:30 AM
photo-matched Elway lid. However, it's easy not to be too obsessed over something that will never, ever happen. :(

akrover
12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Maine Guides AAA jerseys. They've got to be out there. I have only ever seen two & heard of a third. My collection needs a road bad! Of course the Holy Grail for a sox fan would be an 84 John Farrell Guides jersey.

sportsnbikes
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
A George Brett game used bat with lots of use.

jake33
12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Trying to locate a old Logo Buccaneers helmet that was attributed to a traceable player and one that I could photo match.

Took me about 10 years to find it, but just ran it down this last December - Alvin Harper's 1995 game used Bucs helmet.

harleighb
12-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Three or four years ago I was at my local mall for some reason and there was a card/sports memorabilia show going on. I took a quick look at the 10-12 dealer tables and nothing caught my eye other than a group of three game used MN Twins bats (Hrbek, Gladden and Larkin). The bats were all pretty nice (the Hrbek in particular showed nice use and was uncracked) but I was new(-ish) to the hobby and thought they were asking a little too much for them, so I passed on the lot. I also failed to ask the dealer for his card. I then spent the next 3-4 years trying to track down an uncracked Hrbek bat for my collection (and offered folks probably twice what the dealer had been asking for his).

In November, I attended one of the 2-3 bigger card/sports memorabilia shows we have here in the Twin Cities (which these days means a half ballroom of dealers at most). Sure enough, as I'm looking at one of the tables, I see those same three bats and look up and immediately recognize the dealer and his wife as being the same folks I met at the mall 3-4 years ago.

The bats had the same sticker prices as they had in our previous meeting. So, I managed to contain my excitement, negotiated a $25 discount on the Hrbek bat, paid for the bat and only then told them the tale of how I'd been searching for that bat for so many years.

It isn't a big dollar item but the thrill of tracking down the bat is one of the reasons I love this hobby so much.

mbrieve
12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
I've been actively searching for a Carlos Guillen game used Detroit Tigers road jersey for over a year now. His 2006 World Series jersey came up in the last Goldin auction, but it was more than I could spend right now. This would seem to be a pretty common item, but no luck for almost a year...

mbrieve at yahoo dot com

Kid4hof03
12-31-2013, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't say obsessed but I was outbid on a Dave Parker Pirates batting helmet with a 1/2 facemask on it in 2 auctions between 15-20 years ago, I have always regretted not going higher and would love to see that helmet pop up for sale again.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
A Jean Segura game used jersey since he is currently my favorite player and I don't think one has ever hit the market...though I could be wrong.

The things I'd do to have one.

Also would love to get a Brewers Retro jersey in general in my collection.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
12-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Also that Jackie Robinson bat that I see everyday on this site in the next Goldin Auction...what a gem. If I had millions of dollars I would buy it and send it to Cooperstown. It deserves to be somewhere everyone can see it.

tkettmn
12-31-2013, 11:30 PM
A Jean Segura game used jersey since he is currently my favorite player and I don't think one has ever hit the market...though I could be wrong.

The things I'd do to have one.

Also would love to get a Brewers Retro jersey in general in my collection.

As far as segura goes, his AA Huntsville Stars jersey is out there, otherwise I would have to agree with you that they aren't out there!

jtrinaldi
01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
As far as segura goes, his AA Huntsville Stars jersey is out there, otherwise I would have to agree with you that they aren't out there!

His Travs jersey was out there as well. It was sold to a collector in Iowa

kwitzel
01-01-2014, 10:54 PM
I always remember an outstanding Albert Pujols game used batting helmet that had a huge autograph that I wish I had purchased at that time. I saw the picture of the helmet on these forums several years ago and wish I had the opportunity again to purchase that fantastic batting helmet.

Karl

BO34
01-23-2014, 08:32 PM
That's easy, BO Jackson game used Los Angeles Raiders helmet. Been shown several over the years but nothing legit. Have friends on the team but nothing has shown up there. BO knows the search continues....

Email: BOJACKSON34@live.com

Mac670
01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
I was looking everywhere for a Home Yellow Kobe game worn jersey with the JB patch to honor the late Dr. Buss. Still haven't found one, but did get his first away purple jersey with the JB patch from Panini. Still looking for the yellow home!

jmeekins33
01-24-2014, 12:20 AM
One thing I'd REALLY like to get my hands on is a Kobe Bryant gold jersey from a particular game that I attended last season. I don't know if that one will ever turn up for sale. Even if it does I might not be able to tell conclusively that it is from that particular game. I took some pics at the game but they aren't sharp enough to do any photo matching.

I've seen Kobe play in person several times but this game is special to me because I was able to sit in the 2nd row behind the Lakers bench. That's as close as I've ever been at a Laker game. I took a short video of Kobe crossing his man over and then hitting a fade away. Good day.

Mac670 - The game I attended was before Dr Buss passed away so we aren't obsessing over the same jersey. Close though, lol.

Oriolesfan29
01-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Orioles game used 2012 ALDS game used base with the postseason logo from Camden Yards or a game used postseason base from the 2012 Wild Card game at Arlington against the Rangers. I have seen two on MLB auctions and I was outbid at the last minute on both of them. I was at game 1 of the ALDS and it was the most memorable game I have ever been to with me being in my 20s and the Orioles being so bad for so long, it was really like a dream come true. I have several other items from the 2012 Orioles playoff run including a Mark Reynolds game used postseason home helmet with the postseason logo photomatched to games 1 & 2, Mark Reynolds game used hit postseason baseball from his single in the 6th inning of game 1, and a Koji Uehara strikeout postseason baseball of Adam Jones in the Wild Card game. The base(s) are what I need to complete my collection from a great and magical run. 2012 was definitely the best year for me as a sports fan with the Orioles making the playoffs and the Ravens winning the Super Bowl.

Also a game used hit ball from Jose Altuve is something that keeps eluding me, just can't seem to find one anywhere.

If any of you have hits on any of these items, or any 2012 Orioles related postseason items, email me at bigp4229@yahoo.com.