PDA

View Full Version : gervin in GF auctions

lund6771
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
I've been looking for one of these for a while...any thoughts on this one?...did Russell have a tag like this in the 70's?

I looked at Getty and they had lots of pictures of black jerseys but not many homes...the homes that I saw had the spur logo for the letter "U" bigger than on this piece but I did find one that was smaller like GF's, but then the #'s didn't match...

any help on this one would be great!!!!

Fred
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
The jersey in GF auctions looks good but appears to be from the early 80's based on the tagging.There is a picture of Gervin on the Spurs website.

lund6771
12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi... I tried searching their website but couldn't come across any pictures of Gervin...

any chance you could paste me a link?...thanks

worldchamps
12-06-2006, 09:55 AM
lund6771

Finally someone else that wants to talk Spurs. Here is a link to another thread in which I got some great help on this jersey from other board members. It appears to be from 82. GF had another Gervin in the last auction I could not find any visual proof of a style like that ever being used, it went for big bucks. I feel this one is legit, at least style wise.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5473&highlight=gervin

Bill

Fred
12-06-2006, 04:01 PM
On the Spurs website go to the team section and then click on history.The Gervin picture should come up.