PDA

View Full Version : really excited about my new pickup (basketball fans)

tory.mccallum1
12-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey guys so i just got this, and i'm super excited about it. Anyone that knows me personally knows i was talking about this kid ALOT in the pre season expecting a breakout season(which he's done and even more then i expected this quick) so i put this on layaway at Meigray. Well i was finally able to pay for it and just got it so i'm really excited about it! it's his Rookie jersey from the 6th game of the season meigray certified and all. I also paid extra for the photo match just because this is one of my better pieces as his potential is out of this world. What also makes this rare is that he gave up his #1 to Chauncey so his #1 jerseys were ONLY from his rookie year! Hopefully he becomes the multiple all star/franchise player i expect him to be! :D

Steeleraddict
12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Congratulations! Very nice.
Holy grail already? Great! So you can pay Meigray extra for a photo match?

tory.mccallum1
12-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Well i have 2 DC Kobe jerseys which are most likely my most valuable but im not a huge Kobe fan so i think this one has more personal meaning, its fun to get in on the early stages of a players career and hopefully the value keeps rising! Yea with Meigray you can get a photomatch i think it's $150 extra but for the display on jerseys you really like its worth it to me. The presentation is really nice! I've seen your collection Steeleraddict and your's is amazing! my collection is in the infancy stages lol but i have a couple cool pieces

abstractheory
12-15-2013, 05:46 AM
I think it's worth it too. Nice pick-up, man. Love the home blues.

abstractheory
12-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Sorry.....i meant away blues:D

jmeekins33
12-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Very sharp jersey. Drummond is a rising star and I expect him to keep getting better. I love the fact that you are excited about your purchase. Rookie jerseys are always cool and the fact that he switched numbers makes it even more unique.

Also, I'd be interested to know what Kobe gamers you have if you don't mind sharing. Do you have a showoff thread anywhere for those?

tory.mccallum1
12-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys! i love all the comments. I dont actually have a showoff thread, should i put them on this thread or should i just make a thread showing some of my collection? i dont want to seem like im spamming the forum but maybe it'd be easier if i just made a thread and put some of my jerseys in

jmeekins33
12-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys! i love all the comments. I dont actually have a showoff thread, should i put them on this thread or should i just make a thread showing some of my collection? i dont want to seem like im spamming the forum but maybe it'd be easier if i just made a thread and put some of my jerseys in

That's a good question. I'm not sure of the correct procedure on that. Maybe a senior member will chime in. If all else fails you can just put them in this thread.

mbrieve
12-22-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if you would want to get this jersey signed, but Drummond is doing a public signing at DC Sports on January 14:

http://www.detroitcitysports.com/servlet/the-template/upcomingautographsignings/Page

tory.mccallum1
12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
That is awsome! i will contact them, where would you guys recomend him signing the jersey? on the Front or back? Im thinking having him inscribe it "Game used rookie jersey" on the back in the blue part of the jersey since signing on the letters would seem kinda smushed. What do you guys think?

tory.mccallum1
12-23-2013, 04:34 PM
That is awsome! i will contact them, where would you guys recomend him signing the jersey? on the Front or back? Im thinking having him inscribe it "Game used rookie jersey" on the back in the blue part of the jersey since signing on the letters would seem kinda smushed. What do you guys think?