PDA

View Full Version : GreyFlannel selling on eBay?

tella27
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
I came across GreyFlannel's eBay store and I know 100% I've seen some of the jerseys they are selling on eBay before. Are they buying eBay jerseys and then marking them way up and selling them in their store with their authentication? If so doesn't that kind of cross the ethical line since they are authenticating their own items to sell??

Steeleraddict
12-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Greyflannel and ethics. Hmm. Interesting. Not sure i should or canshare my experiences in this forum. I suggest you do a thread search before you commit any of your cash.
I will say this. I would never spend any of my money with them even if they authenticated and guaranteed a GU Bradshaw jersey.
Please do a search. I'll check out eBay tmrw. Thanks for the heads up.
Buyer beware

Steeleraddict
12-14-2013, 01:29 AM
I do know that they have changed their wording on item description to shift liability for fakes that have occurred with their items in the past. I'm not saying they knew they were pushing fakes. They may not have known. But the wording is now, this GU has been presented to us as GU and we note slight wear. I'm paraphrasing. It's interesting that now their making their own COAs. Although not surprised anymore.

Phil316
12-14-2013, 02:35 AM
I will second that about Grey Flannel. Not only do they have a no return policy but they do not take credit cards, so that essentially makes it impossible to protect yourself when bidding on Grey Flannel Auctions. All you have to do is read their disclaimer.

Greyflannelauctions.com (the "Site") is provided by Grey Flannel Auctions, Inc. ("GFA"). User expressly agrees that use of this Site is at User's sole risk. The Site is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, GFA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to property purchased through GFA. GFA makes no guaranties, warranties or representations, express or implied, that the Service provided by the Site will meet your requirements, or that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor does GFA make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Site or that defects in the software will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from GFA through the service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.

This should speak for itself.

worldchamps
12-14-2013, 09:48 PM
What is their eBay name?

abstractheory
12-15-2013, 05:21 AM
I don't care who the auction is through, I do my own research and if i can't match the purchase myself, I simply don't bid. People that trust or distrust auction houses' on names alone, is just as sketchy, in my opinion.

Sure, some may have better reputations, but, has anyone ever bought a high-end piece from a "highly reputable" house without doing any research whatsoever?

abstractheory
12-15-2013, 05:31 AM
What i should have said is: Buyer beware? Of course! This is a hobby that demands this thinking, no matter who you buy from.

Shoot, I just bought two items from Panini, and still tried to find photo matches before pulling the trigger.

abstractheory
12-15-2013, 05:47 AM
What i should have said is: Buyer beware? Of course! This is a hobby that demands this thinking, no matter who you buy from.

Shoot, I just bought two items from Panini, and still tried to find photo matches before pulling the trigger.

Hoosier39
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
If you buy something from them on EBay and the item is bad or you find an issue with it, I think they will have to give you a refund whether they like it or not.

tella27
12-29-2013, 10:20 PM
If you're looking to blow over a grand on a jersey that normally sells for less than $300 you should check their items out..