PDA

View Full Version : Hammered photo-matched multi-game worn 2011 Alan Ball Dallas Cowboys jersey

scottishcowboy41
12-13-2013, 07:04 PM
I purchased this hammered multi-game worn 2011 Alan Ball Cowboys game jersey from a fellow forum member. I’m having to sell it to fund a Dwayne Harris game worn jersey I have just bought. Harris is my favourite current Cowboy, so I couldn’t let it pass, hence the reluctant sale of this Alan Ball gamer.

This 11-46 #20 white game jersey was worn by Alan Ball during his 2011 season with Dallas. This game jersey was used in most of the games that the Cowboys wore white jerseys in 2011. The jersey shows loads of game-wear as a result. There are numerous sewn repairs on the shoulders, carried out by the Cowboys equipment staff. There are pad burns and hit marks all over the shoulders and the shoulder stripes. There is friction bobbling all over the inside of the jersey around the top. Also the embroidered Reebok logos on the shoulders have started to turn from blue to purple which is another sign that the jerseys has been worn and washed in numerous games, as does the fading year/size tag.

Most NFL players get their jerseys altered in some way from the standard specification to give them a better custom fit. The most common alteration is the have the jersey shortened in length and elasticated at the waistband. Alan Ball has had this modification carried out to this game jersey. He has also had an extra full length seam stitched on both sides approximately an inch away from the original side seam, towards to the front. This was to make the jersey fit tighter for him, as this particular style of jerseys has no spandex in the sides like the older game jerseys had. Many of the Cowboys used this new style of Reebok game jersey as of 2010.

I have photo-matched this jersey to at least 4 games of the 2011 season… 49ers in September, Seahawks in October, Bills in November and Buccaneers in December. The dates of these games span a huge amount of games of the 2011 season, so this jersey can be photo-matched to many more games with a bit more time and effort. I have photo-matched the jersey to the images using the following unique characteristics… the hit marks on the shoulders, the mesh patterns, stitching patterns, the custom side seams and the rear nameplate dipping down slightly on the left hand side.

I am looking for $150 for the jersey, including tracked shipping. Please register your interest on the forum along with your email address and I will contact you straight away.

scottishcowboy41
12-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Here are the remaining photo's.

RMoody
12-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, you've been a longtime member so I know your familiar with the rules.

That said, if its not you......somebody has this exact jersey on Ebay thought an international seller .... 310815443270.

scottishcowboy41
12-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Not trying to be a jerk, you've been a longtime member so I know your familiar with the rules.

That said, if its not you......somebody has this exact jersey on Ebay thought an international seller .... 310815443270.

It's the same jersey on both sites, yes. I live in Scotland over in the United Kingdom, hence my Scottishcowboy41 username. (Big Terence Newman fan!)

My Ebay auction and this GUU listing will only overlap for a day. I do apologise. I put it on here too today, only due to time constraints with work over the next couple of days. I need the money back for this Alan Ball gamer due to me buying the Dwayne Harris gamer right before Xmas. Not ideal. Wish I didn't have to sell the Alan Ball gamer, but I have a blue Alan Ball gamer too, which I will never sell, so the white one has to go. As I tell my girlfriend, it's "addition by subtraction". I really do hate the subtraction part! I need a pay rise, lol!

scottishcowboy41
12-14-2013, 06:22 AM
The detail on the photo's is hampered a bit by the resizing for GUU. I can email full size images of the jersey and the games to any interested parties.

scottishcowboy41
12-16-2013, 04:46 AM
I assigned a price of $150 shipped for this jersey, but I will consider offers.