PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown update

KGoldin
12-12-2013, 12:35 AM
I wanted to post this in a clean thread, so it didn't get lost, or mixed up.

I had the pleasure of speaking to Antonio personally this week regarding our exclusive agreement. I am happy to say he clearly understands the exclusivity and I do not expect to have any issues with respect to other players getting jerseys of his. In the future, if those occasions might arise, I will know about it in ADVANCE, not by watching TV.
Antonio is 23 catches away from breaking the Steelers franchise record of Hines Ward, and is about 150 yards away from breaking the Steelers franchise record of Yancey Thigpen , so we are both counting on a strong and healthy finish to the season with one and hopefully two franchise records being set wearing equipment I will be getting.

We have cleats and gloves available for many games, but are sold out of all but 2 jerseys for the season.
We also have a plan in place to put identifying markers into the jerseys next season to thwart any possible counterfeiters.

Thank you for your interest, and I return you to your regular scheduled reading.

email me at ken@goldinauctions.com if you have interest in anything we have left from this season, or if you want to get on a special email list for any record breaking game worn items.
BTW: I truly thank all of you on this forum for your support the past week while we were hashing it out, and it showed that it was 'logical' that I would be upset by someone else (EVEN an NFL PLAYER) getting an item I was contracted for.

Dewey2007
12-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Glad to hear you got everything worked out. What was the deal with the jersey of his currently on NFL Auctions? Was his jersey listed because of an agreement with league to auction all International Series jerseys? Just curious because I'm guessing players don't individually choose to have their jerseys listed on the site.

Phil316
12-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Good to hear Ken :)

Anabolicollege17
12-12-2013, 01:29 AM
I don't think the NFL has a precise deal with NFL auctions. Usually there is a bin in the locker room at says donation for charity. And players can throw their gear into the bin. Thats why you will sometimes see common players jerseys hit NFL auctions esp international series games. This is just the start of the Steelers and Vikings gamers. They could be listed from now until the end of super bowl. You could see big name players like Big Ben, and back up players.

Anabolicollege17
12-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm almost positive its just a one time thing to bring in as much money as possible for charity. It seems the NFL does this a lot with the international series games.

KGoldin
12-12-2013, 01:32 AM
He was ShOCKED to see it on NFL auctions
in fact I was asked 'who owns NFL Auctions'
I said ' I am pretty sure the NFL'
I have debated sending them a cease and desist letter, but I decided I want to remain on friendly terms with the NFL :)

Phil316
12-12-2013, 01:51 AM
He was ShOCKED to see it on NFL auctions
in fact I was asked 'who owns NFL Auctions'
I said ' I am pretty sure the NFL'
I have debated sending them a cease and desist letter, but I decided I want to remain on friendly terms with the NFL :)

Probably a good thing lol

Steeleraddict
12-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Just a correction/clarification to what has been posted above. There isn't a bin in which they leave it totally up to the player. There is an NFL representative there to collect the jerseys for NFL auctions. The jerseys belong to the NFL. Technically, it's not up to the player. Although in the past some players have refused to donate. Ex, james Harrison who specifically stated he doesn't have to and others haven't earned his jersey. And not going to help goodel. I'm paraphrasing. But that's why you usually see gamers from one specific game and not scattered from throughout the season. Hope this helps.
Congrats Ken on hopefully finalizing this with brown. And we can see some quality gear out there.

yankees24
12-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Ken, do you think you can get a game used deal with Ben Roethlisberger?

TwinLakesPark
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Are NFL jerseys not ordered and paid for by the team? Wouldn't that make the team the owner of the jersey with controlling interest? If so, can a player legally contract with someone to exclusively provide equipment he does not own?

Steeleraddict
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
No, all the gear belongs to the NFL. With some exceptions. Such as custom cleats as long as they meet the dress code. The players can choose to purchase any of their gear at cost. I don't know the exact figure but somewhere around $300 for their own jersey, for ex. And they can't buy their helmet until the end of the season due to fittings, etc

mbenga28
12-12-2013, 11:14 AM
only $300? makes you wonder why more players don't sell their jerseys if they can flip it and get thousands.

Steeleraddict
12-12-2013, 12:31 PM
True. I don't know if there's a limit. Hines ward was buying and selling nearly every game the last couple of years. Check his website. Emmitt smith was keeping nearly every football. Said he had hundreds in his garage. I'm sure they limit the lesser players. Plus if your making a million or more, the hassle probably not worth it. For ex.. Buy at 300, sell at 1500, pay tax on the 1200 and you then you keep the 600 which is per diem money, tip money for these guys.

Preston
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
No, all the gear belongs to the NFL. With some exceptions. Such as custom cleats as long as they meet the dress code. The players can choose to purchase any of their gear at cost. I don't know the exact figure but somewhere around $300 for their own jersey, for ex. And they can't buy their helmet until the end of the season due to fittings, etc

This number differs from team to team...I'm friends with a couple Titans players and I've purchased jerseys directly from them (and plan on more in the future) and the amount is a little lower than that. Those, for the ones I've not been given by a player, that is.

KGoldin
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Just an FYI
I have gotten a quite a few emails and I need to close my current auction catalog so it can go to printer on time.
If I do not reply to you immediately like normal, please do not take offense and I will get back to you
thanks

BU54CB
12-13-2013, 10:50 AM

What I've heard is the teams buy and own the uniforms and can do with what they like, at least that's what I've heard from the Bears.

mbenga28
12-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I may have missed this but how many seasons is your exclusive agreement good for Ken?

KGoldin
12-13-2013, 05:45 PM
2013 , 2014

KGoldin
12-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Decent first quarter mr brown

Steeleraddict
12-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I think i just heard the price go up 20%. :)

chakes89
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
My fantasy football team officially hates Antonio Brown. Haha