PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Information/Pictures Re: White Sox Retro 1983 BP Jerseys

esigs
12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
During the 2013 season, in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the "winning ugly" team, the White Sox were scheduled to wear throwback jerseys for all 13 home Sunday games. However, they did not wear them on the last Sunday game of the season, and as Dave Miedema informed me, they wore this style on two non-Sunday games late in the season. I checked all the home games in August and September, and indeed they wore them on two non-Sunday games: Monday 8/28/13 vs. Houston Astros, and Saturday 9/28/13 vs. Kansas City Royals.

This season, all White Sox home Sunday games were early day games, and they likely didn't have BP. The two non-Sunday games were both evening games, and they may have had BP.
If you attended any of the games the White Sox wore the 1983 retro, and arrived when the gates opened, particularly on 8/28/13 and/or 9/28/13, I would appreciate if you could tell me whether you saw the White Sox portion of BP (which usually ends around the time gates open), and if so, whether you saw the players wearing this style of BP jerseys (1st picture). If you did and took pictures, I would appreciate if you could post them or email them to me. So far, my search of pictures and videos hasn't turned out anything, as they are all game-time pictures or videos, and I haven't found any pictures taken during BP. I only found pictures of them wearing warm up tops that look similar to this BP jersey. The difference is that the BP jersey has full buttons on the front, and player name and number on the back, while the warm-up tops are pull-ups with half zipper front and nothing on the back (2nd picture).

It is also possible that they wore these BP jerseys while signing autographs or some other team function, so if you have seen them worn at anytime, I would appreciate learning about it.