PDA

View Full Version : Small World

cohibasmoker
12-11-2013, 08:34 AM
A few Months ago, I got a old circa 1940's - 50's Eagles style football jersey with no history attached to it from a MEARS auction. It didn't have any tags on it and as far back as I looked, I could not find any Eagles player who wore the #27 in the 1940's or 1950's. It was extremely well made and was practically a spot-on match to Eagles jerseys worn back in the day so I put in into a frame and hung it on the wall with my other Eagles items.

A couple of weeks ago, as I often do, I visited the Helmet Hut website and saw a still from a video the NFL had produced "NFL Health and Evolution" and noticed a Eagles player wearing the #27. I then watched the entire video. The other day, as I was digging around eBay, I just happened to find a eBay member who had a part in making videos for the NFL and I thought that perhaps my jersey was worn in the video? I sent him the scans of my jersey and a short bio on the jersey he was find enough to contact the wardrobe director of that specific video and the director confirmed that my jersey was in fact worn in the video.

http://www.helmethut.com/Features/NFLEVOLUTION.html

Small world

Roady
12-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Thats cool. :)

karamaxjoe
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
That's the best part about collecting this stuff. It's not about how many Johnny Superstar bats or jerseys I bought at auction. It's about doing some research and finding a hidden gem.

BrianK
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Great work. I love that from now forward the history of the item is known. Thanks for posting.