PDA

View Full Version : nba auctions

joshmiller0
12-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Usually the same two people win most of the jerseys.. this bidder caught my eye: http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=19692216&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=19692216

Looks like someone has a fan...

CPuente57
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Ha, yeah it's beyond pointless to try to win gamers on nba auctions especially of superstars. I feel lucky to have nabbed a bosh noche latina one earlier this year

lengthwise1
12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Ha, thats pretty funny!

nickacs
12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Ha, yeah it's beyond pointless to try to win gamers on nba auctions especially of superstars. I feel lucky to have nabbed a bosh noche latina one earlier this year

Agree 100%. I used to bid on Finals jerseys several years ago when Meigray first offered them, as well as ASG ones. But when 'jt_nbafan" got into the mix, it was pointless. Sure, I know I'd have to pony up some cash for a superstar player, but not like $40-60k for a Kobe Finals. Ridiculous..SMH

yankees24
12-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Do the prices on the auctions determine the prices of the jerseys sold on MeiGray's NBA jerseys site?

BarryMeisel
12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi Yankees24,

Happy to answer the question directly, since we at MeiGray are responsible for pricing.

The answer is, no we do not relate the auctions to the retail jerseys on sale at nbagameworn.com

We understand the frustration many of you face in not being able to successfully bid on the special jerseys (Finals, All-Star Games, Special events), but we feel the fairest way to offer these sets of jerseys is to an open auction in which everybody has an opportunity to bid, the highest bid wins.

Because we understand that many of you want to collect Superstar NBA gamers with 100% guaranteed authenticity and full lifetime protection, we also offer the gamers that you can request, and order on line.

We make sure to fulfill requests like these before putting the jerseys on the website, so those of you who have not been able to purchase before, can have an early opportunity to do so.

We are getting ready to offer our 2013-14 NBA gamers shortly. Anyone who would like an early opportunity to order one can do so by sending a request to sales@meigray.com or calling us toll-free at 888-463-4472.

There is no obligation to buy, but this ensures that you get an opportunity to acquire a jersey of your favorite team or player without worrying about getting outbid or getting beaten to the on-line punch once we post the jerseys.

Thanks, hope this helps,

Barry at MeiGray

yankees24
12-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi Yankees24,

Happy to answer the question directly, since we at MeiGray are responsible for pricing.

The answer is, no we do not relate the auctions to the retail jerseys on sale at nbagameworn.com

We understand the frustration many of you face in not being able to successfully bid on the special jerseys (Finals, All-Star Games, Special events), but we feel the fairest way to offer these sets of jerseys is to an open auction in which everybody has an opportunity to bid, the highest bid wins.

Because we understand that many of you want to collect Superstar NBA gamers with 100% guaranteed authenticity and full lifetime protection, we also offer the gamers that you can request, and order on line.

We make sure to fulfill requests like these before putting the jerseys on the website, so those of you who have not been able to purchase before, can have an early opportunity to do so.

We are getting ready to offer our 2013-14 NBA gamers shortly. Anyone who would like an early opportunity to order one can do so by sending a request to sales@meigray.com or calling us toll-free at 888-463-4472.

There is no obligation to buy, but this ensures that you get an opportunity to acquire a jersey of your favorite team or player without worrying about getting outbid or getting beaten to the on-line punch once we post the jerseys.

Thanks, hope this helps,

Barry at MeiGray

Great, thanks Barry for stopping by. I saw on your website several game issued Derek Rose Bulls jerseys. Are you also working with teams to sell game issued jerseys of superstar players, for the collectors that would like a game jersey of their favorite players but for which the game worn price might out of reach for them? Happy Holidays!

BarryMeisel
12-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi Yankees24,

Unfortunately, no.
Game-issueds are not manufactured for sale to collectors, or anyone. True game-issueds are jerseys that are prepared for players who do not wear them for specific reasons ... usually due to injury.

That was the case with Rose. Jerseys were made in case he returned from his knee injury, but since he did not, they remained game-issued.

So in cases where a player might play but does not, sometimes game-issueds become available.

Hope this clarifies,
Barry

Steeleraddict
12-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi Barry,
So i can put in a request , say, for a Kobe or lebron GU jersey and it will be honored before or instead of placing it in the NBA auction? I just email or call the contact info that you posted?
Thx

yankees24
12-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Barry,
So i can put in a request , say, for a Kobe or lebron GU jersey and it will be honored before or instead of placing it in the NBA auction? I just email or call the contact info that you posted?
Thx

Thanks Barry. I believe the special event jerseys usually are sold through NBA auction and regular season can be requested.

Barry, if you can elaborate on details how the NBA Game Worn program work. Can collectors request a jersey from a specific game, or are the jerseys you receive already determined by the NBA,teams, Mei Gray before the start of the season?

mbenga28
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Usually the same two people win most of the jerseys.. this bidder caught my eye: http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=19692216&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=19692216

Looks like someone has a fan...

did you notice after you made this thread, the names of the current highest bidders are now longer shown?

ousooner_85
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Now that's funny

ChiGuy1
12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I know sometimes MeiGray offers some of the special game jerseys on their main meigray.com website. I remember seeing they have a couple of Carmelo Anthony and Jason Kidd Christmas Day game worn jerseys there.

joshmiller0
12-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I know sometimes MeiGray offers some of the special game jerseys on their main meigray.com website. I remember seeing they have a couple of Carmelo Anthony and Jason Kidd Christmas Day game worn jerseys there.

I'm pretty sure that those are being sold by a third party and MeiGray is selling it for them... I'm almost certain that they were sold on nbaauctions and are now being resold.

BarryMeisel
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi guys,

Bidders names are now obscured in NBA Auctions due to the many requests we have received from many collectors who were getting harassed, and whose bidder names were being mocked with ugly language.

As far as the game-worn jerseys go from the individual players that do not go to auction, we request the players from the teams, but cannot request specific games.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Steeleraddict
12-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Hi Barry,
Maybe the answer to my question was there but I missed it. How about this...any way that I can get/directly purchase a Kobe or lebron game used jersey? Doesn't matter which game and one that doesn't go to auction.
Thx for a reply

mbenga28
12-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi Barry,
Maybe the answer to my question was there but I missed it. How about this...any way that I can get/directly purchase a Kobe or lebron game used jersey? Doesn't matter which game and one that doesn't go to auction.
Thx for a reply

There was a Kobe regular season up a few days ago, and a Lebron several months back so you should be able to get those.

Steeleraddict
12-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Mbenga28...thx.
On barrys site and about how much does he list them for? And how often, in general?
Thx mbenga, I never really purchased from his site because thought he primarily specialized in nyy.

joshmiller0
12-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Mbenga28...thx.
On barrys site and about how much does he list them for? And how often, in general?
Thx mbenga, I never really purchased from his site because thought he primarily specialized in nyy.

I believe Kobe was $8,500 and a couple of his jerseys were on the site for a while and LeBron was $10,000 and was up only for a short period.

Steeleraddict
12-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Joshmiller0,
Thanks for the info. Does a short time mean hours or days? Want to know how often I would have to check. And vs the auctions with a couple high rollers, that may be the only way to go. Ugh
Is this site reputation solid? No worries, ironclad?doesn't he have a contract?
So it's meigray.com and what is "ASG ones" that you mentioned? Sorry if dumb question, I just haven't been into NBA gear much.

Thanks again Josh

joshmiller0
12-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Joshmiller0,
Thanks for the info. Does a short time mean hours or days? Want to know how often I would have to check. And vs the auctions with a couple high rollers, that may be the only way to go. Ugh
So it's meigray.com and what is "ASG ones" that you mentioned? Sorry if dumb question, I just haven't been into NBA gear much.

Thanks again Josh

I've bought a few items from meigray... I actually got a couple off items off of nbaauctions such as shooting shirts and shorts... I've also gotten a couple of meigray jerseys. When I first started collecting meigray was all I'd buy. I wanted to make sure everything was 100% legit and they have a great reputation. I've dealt with a few people over at Meigray and they are very professional, helpful, and just kind people. I highly recommend them.

I only recently also started also collecting items from steiner sports, another highly reputable source. I wasn't in the market for jerseys and wanted some less expensive shooting shirts which, other than special events, meigray does not tend to carry. Therefore, I went elsewhere for some other items.

As far as length, I think the LeBron was up for at least a few days. I honestly don't remember though. Kobe was up much longer. As Barry said, it's worth making a call and seeing if you can preorder the jersey from them. They may be a little more expensive than a common ebay jersey, but if you're spending the money, I personally like to know that what I'm buying is the real deal.

joshmiller0
12-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Joshmiller0,

Thanks again Josh

Also, in addition to meigray.com, check out this site http://nbagameworn.com/ Also meigray, but specifically for the NBA.

joshmiller0
12-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Joshmiller0,

Thanks again Josh

ASG is All Star Game

Steeleraddict
12-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Joshmiller0,

Perfect. Again thanks for the info and taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. I just know by watching and reading this forum that NBA auctions is pretty much dominated by a couple or few guys that seem to have an endless supply of cash. T
It is def their right. But it's so I don't even check anymore or think of getting NBA gear. Other than Jordan gear. And that's an entirely different discussion.

Thanks Josh