PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette question..on posting

thesteelcurtain58
12-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Hi guys,
Dont want to upset people here. Some a very sensitive over the smallest things. So I plan on posting a lot of various items that may fit various categories at the same time..9/11, nfl, month of nov,dec etc, photo matched etc. but dont want to post the same images in them all.
Posting in how many categories is too many? personally, i think ill only post on my one thread, my steeler subthread and maybe another. That way Im out of your hair. Im not sure if my posts are getting old and tired although i think im posting some quality stuff. There arent many responses..constructive criticism or positive feedback. But ill cont to post for now.
thread thoughts? then chris can delete this one
thank you

ChrisCavalier
12-10-2013, 09:50 AM
thank you
Hey Ron,

A few quick things:

1) There will be no need to delete this thread. The only threads that are deleted here are in violation of the forum rules and/or are deemed to possibly have unsubstantiated implications of the livelihood of individuals.

2) Regarding posting images on multiple threads (I think that is your question), I would say to go ahead and do so. We have over 9,000 people registered on the site and have literally thousands of others who read the forum but are not registered. As such, not everyone reads every thread and I don't see any harm in posting images in multiple threads if they apply. However, please note that we do not allow the posting of the same thread topic in multiple folders. I know that is not really your question but I wanted to make sure that was understand while we are on the topic.

3) Regarding some people being sensitive, please note that when a forum gets this large you will attract all kinds of people. However, the purpose of the forum rules are to set a standard and tone for the posts on the forum and, over time, I believe the people who post understand the spirit in which the forum is intended to run. That is, we do not promote a 'Jerry Springer' type atmosphere here and all posts should be intended to truly benefit the hobby and the members of this site.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Chris

Samets
12-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Feel free to post your Bears stuff in our thread!

I'd appreciate seeing any of your Bears stuff...

solarlottry
12-10-2013, 11:56 AM
At times I have posted the same image in multiple threads. If I have acquired a 49er gamer that is photo matched then I would post it the "photo matched thread", the NFL thread and the "49er" thread. Many forum members look at specific threads and may miss new postings if they only check those threads. As a long time member I really enjoy seeing new collections and have no issue with seeing the same items in multiple threads.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 49er game worn items!

RKO18
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
I have enjoyed your posts and also welcome you sharing photos of your collection across multiple threads. It only takes a moment to scroll past a post if you've seen it more than once so I don't see the harm in sharing your enthusiasm by posting in the appropriate threads.

You have an incredible collection and it's great to see a fellow member of our hobby being so passionate about his collection.

Welcome aboard.

sox83cubs84
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi guys,
Dont want to upset people here. Some a very sensitive over the smallest things. So I plan on posting a lot of various items that may fit various categories at the same time..9/11, nfl, month of nov,dec etc, photo matched etc. but dont want to post the same images in them all.
Posting in how many categories is too many? personally, i think ill only post on my one thread, my steeler subthread and maybe another. That way Im out of your hair. Im not sure if my posts are getting old and tired although i think im posting some quality stuff. There arent many responses..constructive criticism or positive feedback. But ill cont to post for now.
thank you

As the others have mentioned, others have done and do the same posting on more than one thread. If they can, then so can you.

Dave Miedema