PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Item You Have Recieved In Package ?

Phil316
12-10-2013, 01:31 AM
I know everyone has pretty much received game used items in the mail whether it be from a sports auction site or ebay. Feel free to share what item you got and if you had anything else included in the package by accident or not.

I bought a mid 90's game used baseball collection off a seller on craigslist last year. He had lots of nice items lots of stuff from Coast to Coast. Inside a pocket of a pair of game used Griffey Jr pants was a partial chewed piece of gum (wrapped in a wax paper comic strip) and half a condom wrapper. I always wondered if it was put there by Griffey or someone after the fact.

Please share if you want.

Takuleechch
12-10-2013, 02:10 AM
I know everyone has pretty much received game used items in the mail whether it be from a sports auction site or ebay. Feel free to share what item you got and if you had anything else included in the package by accident or not.

I bought a mid 90's game used baseball collection off a seller on craigslist last year. He had lots of nice items lots of stuff from Coast to Coast. Inside a pocket of a pair of game used Griffey Jr pants was a partial chewed piece of gum (wrapped in a wax paper comic strip) and half a condom wrapper. I always wondered if it was put there by Griffey or someone after the fact.

Please share if you want.

Lock this thread right now. No one can top that!

ironmanfan
12-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Not sure if I can top the OP post however I'll post my weirdest thing ever received. As a "side hobby," I collect the old RC Cola baseball player cans from 1977/1978 to get signed if I know I'm going to an event where that player will be attending (due to it's unusual nature, it generally evokes a neat conversation).

Anyways, a couple years ago I knew I was going to be an event where Gaylord Perry would be attending and I subsequently bought a can off eBay and when it arrived and I started to clean it up, I couple tell there was still something inside can.

After some work, I found out what was inside was actually a 35 years old cigarette butt (which I eventually extracted)! Everytime I look at that can, I am still always reminded of that.........

TNTtoys
12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
A buddy of mine bought one of the original lockers from Shea Stadium...which came complete with the player's used toothbrush.

Birdbats
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Your timing with this thread is perfect. Yesterday, I received a lot I won in Heritage's auction of Stan Musial's personal items. The lot included two of Stan's briefcases, and I hoped maybe I'd find something interesting tucked into a pocket -- a business card, a pen, something. Well, one case was empty, but the other, which shows extreme wear/use, contained an unused kitchen garbage bag, a white rag, a blue rag and two cloth "Curity sponges," which -- best I can surmise -- are adult incontinence products. Yes, I think I may be the proud owner of a couple of Stan's pee pee pads. Probably post-career. :D

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Musialbriefcase_zps78ec9527.jpg

jake33
12-10-2013, 12:19 PM
About 9 years ago on ebay I bought a HArdy Nickerson orange game used Nike cleat for $19.95 shipped.

Inside the shoe a Super Bowl XXV ticket stub was inside and a 1984 topps John Elway Rookie Card in EXMT condition.

The seller was not a sports collector at all and was jsut dumbing stuff from her X-Husband and included a note stating that she hoped I had use for the otehr 2 items.

Sold the stub and the Elway Rookie on ebay right away to get funds to buy a case for the Nickerson cleat, for which i still have today.

emann
12-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes, I think I may be the proud owner of a couple of Stan's pee pee pads.

"Proud owner" is a little too enthusiastic, but hey, somebody bought Ty Cobb's false teeth! ;)

This isn't a player item, I've never been that "lucky", but I've had more than one bat come shipped to me with a sock covering it from a seller. In one shipment the seller decided to send dirty socks (complete with holes and looking grimy) covering a relatively expensive bat. The socks smelled, it was gross. I still have the bat, actually a favorite and it is displayed, but always think of the socks when I look at it...

[I don't think anything is going to beat Jr's condom wrapper. Amazing.]

Phil316
12-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Your timing with this thread is perfect. Yesterday, I received a lot I won in Heritage's auction of Stan Musial's personal items. The lot included two of Stan's briefcases, and I hoped maybe I'd find something interesting tucked into a pocket -- a business card, a pen, something. Well, one case was empty, but the other, which shows extreme wear/use, contained an unused kitchen garbage bag, a white rag, a blue rag and two cloth "Curity sponges," which -- best I can surmise -- are adult incontinence products. Yes, I think I may be the proud owner of a couple of Stan's pee pee pads. Probably post-career. :D

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Musialbriefcase_zps78ec9527.jpg

Interesting that is for sure.

cjw
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
An Ebay customer of mine almost got an interesting addition in a package I mailed to him, and I avoided sustaining seriously injury:

I packaged a baseball glove to be shipped to NY state and left it on my desk to attend a meeting while at work. In the meeting I realized that my wedding ring was missing. I went back to my office to search for it (had a bad habit of playing with the ring while on the phone) and during the search I shook the wrapped box containing the glove and heard a rattle! Opened the box and located the ring. Dodged a major bullet there!!

Juan Gris
12-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately (fortunately?), I've never had something other than what I was expecting come in the mail but this is a great thread. Keep 'em coming!

1970REDS
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
A friend of mine bought a pair of cletes from a dealer in Florida and when the shoes showed up he found Marv Flemings Super Bowl ring in the toe . The dealer had accidentally dropped it in the shoe . My friend sent the very relieved guy his ring back .[