PDA

View Full Version : Way to go SuperBowl CEO...

xpress34
12-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Anyone see this article on how well they're handling 'tailgating' at the this year's SuperBowl?

Tailgating will not be allowed at the Super Bowl (http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/msn/tailgating_will_not_be_allowed_at_the_super_bowl/15268961)

Awesome job.

I agree with the one commenter who said they better not be allowing celebrities to get special treatment and make them ride the Bus and Shuttles like everyone else.

And 'No Walking' to the Super Bowl? Are you f'n serious???

cohibasmoker
12-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Anyone see this article on how well they're handling 'tailgating' at the this year's SuperBowl?

Tailgating will not be allowed at the Super Bowl (http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/msn/tailgating_will_not_be_allowed_at_the_super_bowl/15268961)

Awesome job.

I agree with the one commenter who said they better not be allowing celebrities to get special treatment and make them ride the Bus and Shuttles like everyone else.

And 'No Walking' to the Super Bowl? Are you f'n serious???

No tailgating - just cocktail parties in the luxury boxes.

tella27
12-11-2013, 04:33 PM
So after you spend the grand or two on a ticket you then have to pay an extra $51 to take shuttle to the game? Anything for an extra buck.. I hope the weather is so bad that the attendance drops so the NFL won't pull this crap again.. I thought having the game outdoors in the cold was a good idea at first but I keep finding out more about it and it just sucks - no tailgating, no walking to the stadium.. What's next NFL no cheering or jerseys allowed to be worn into the games?

sctizzle
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
As a Giants season ticket holder...you really can't walk to the stadium anyway easily. Most people think that there is a lot to do nearby but really there isn't. It's not a major city that you would just be walking from your hotel. Parking has always been an issue and there is no cash parking available on game days---you must have a prepaid parking pass which not all season ticket holders were able to get. This is why parking passes can sell for 2-3x face value on ebay as it's the only way to be able to ensure tailgating at the stadium.

With most of the parking not being able to actually be used, it's a smart business decision to make sure all spots are used for cars. If you're not at the stadium for a giants game 2 hours before kick off finding a spot is a challenge with people taking up 2-3 spots per group of tailgaters.

Most people going to the game will not be looking to tailgate anyway. The average fan will not be going unfortunately.

Scott

NEFAN
12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
It was the same rule in Houston for XXXIX. Is it not always forbidden?

kellsox
12-13-2013, 03:58 PM
The Super Bowl crowd isn't exactly an outdoor tailgating clientele Those that have been to the meadowlands also know that there's nothing around there anyway- kinda a news story about nothing.

Roady
12-13-2013, 04:09 PM
If it is 15 degrees and snowing let them tailgate. Maybe all the drunks will get hypothermia before the game and not be able to bother everyone.

xpress34
12-13-2013, 05:23 PM
It was the same rule in Houston for XXXIX. Is it not always forbidden?

So you couldn't park and walk to the stadium in Houston? Or park and catch a cab?

That's what I'm talking about - NFL is forcing fans to use ONE approved form of transportation at $51 a person to get to the stadium.

NEFAN
12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
So you couldn't park and walk to the stadium in Houston? Or park and catch a cab?

That's what I'm talking about - NFL is forcing fans to use ONE approved form of transportation at $51 a person to get to the stadium.

My bad, I was only referring to the tailgating part of it. I was on a chartered bus from my hotel and had to be there 4 hours early to go through security. There was definately nobody tailgating.

genius
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
The dreaded "perimeter" is the buzzword now at these big events. At some stage people will stop going (if that hasn't started already) and it might then turn around the other way but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Look for names to be put on tickets sometime soon as well, with any changes to those names made for a fee (even if you're taking your brother instead of your Dad) and matching i.d. required to enter the stadium, giving them even more control of the secondary ticket market and completely eliminating the guys with the "I Need Tickets" signs.

xpress34
12-20-2013, 12:38 AM
The dreaded "perimeter" is the buzzword now at these big events. At some stage people will stop going (if that hasn't started already) and it might then turn around the other way but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Look for names to be put on tickets sometime soon as well, with any changes to those names made for a fee (even if you're taking your brother instead of your Dad) and matching i.d. required to enter the stadium, giving them even more control of the secondary ticket market and completely eliminating the guys with the "I Need Tickets" signs.

I'm down for eliminating scalpers. Garth Brooks shows at the Wynn in Las Vegas have been this way the entire run.

You order the tickets and give them the names of everyone who is attending. You pick up your tickets at the Wynn and the purchaser has to be there and show ID and the Card used to buy the tickets. Then the rest of the party has to have IDs that match the names on the tickets. There are no scalper tickets for his shows in Vegas.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Bring the Super Bowl up here to Lambeau we will see who the real fans are. -20 with a -40 wind chill should make things really interesting.

This whole outdoor super bowl has literally no positive outcome.

kellsox
01-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Bring the Super Bowl up here to Lambeau we will see who the real fans are. -20 with a -40 wind chill should make things really interesting.

This whole outdoor super bowl has literally no positive outcome.

These real fans?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-01-2014, 04:09 PM
These real fans?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

Not sure your point? I was not specifically talking about Packers fans, I'm just saying anyone who will go out in -30 weather.

Also I'm guessing there was something that got screwed up to make them that behind sellout numbers. You can't tell me a team that has 100,000 on a season ticket waiting list and sold out to watch a Wallace/Flynn led team won't sell out a playoff game.

I could care less either way though.