PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Antonio Brown Exclusive Game Used Agreement

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello All.
I just wanted to let you know that one of my businesses, Goldin Sports inc, has an exclusive agreement with Antonio Brown of the Steelers for all of his game used items in the 2013 season. This is for every game of the 2013 season. Each item is signed and inscribed by him with the following information
'game used : date of game: vs team ' with signature.
Each jersey comes with the tape applied by equipment manager after the game with game information.
Each item comes with an affidavit hand signed by Antonio. Each item is unwashed.
At the end of the season we will get his helmet he wore for all 16 games.

The Sept 22 game vs CHI 9 catches, 196 Yards 2 TDs game equipment (jersey, gloves, cleats) will be available in the Goldin Auctions January catalog, which opens up for bidding Jan 13th.
Others will be auctioned off or sold privately in the future. Most games are available. Everything is of course photo matched and player direct.
We all know how difficult Steelers game used equipment is, and Antonio is the best player on the Steelers this year, top 5 in yards and receptions.
Look for these items or email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
11/17 throwback game...
7 catches 147 yards, 2 TDs

brianborsch
12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
That's awesome! I wish you could get the hookup with Justin Tucker (Ravens kicker). Would love a game used football used to kick a long and/or decisive field goal.

beantown
12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Not sure about ALL of his game used items..he traded his jersey with Calvin Johnson after the Lions game this year...

swainer
12-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Isn't that the jersey that Ken posted a photo of? Did he wear two jerseys that game?

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I spoke to Antonio about that
he wore the jersey we have (and posted) for the first half, and traded the 2nd half one with Calvin
That was actually a violation of my contract which states 'all jerseys must be worn for full game, not a half or a quarter' which his agent says will not happen again

Hoshal13
12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Isn't that the jersey that Ken posted a photo of? Did he wear two jerseys that game?

Haha he had better hope so. That'd be an embarassing start.

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I spoke to Antonio about that
he wore the jersey we have (and posted) for the first half, and traded the 2nd half one with Calvin
That was actually a violation of my contract which states 'all jerseys must be worn for full game, not a half or a quarter' which his agent says will not happen again

Its important to note, both of his touchdowns came in the first quarter, wearing the first half jersey (ours). So with that in mind, and having enough money spent suing players in 2013 (see Kobe Bryant lawsuit...) I decided I wanted to keep a good relationship with Antonio and the Steelers and let it slide.. Also I want to get that Calvin throwback from him!

swainer
12-06-2013, 05:44 PM
That's great Ken! Congrats on this signing!

brianborsch
12-06-2013, 06:29 PM
But wasn't the game against Chicago? Not Detroit?

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 06:44 PM
But wasn't the game against Chicago? Not Detroit?

11 17 2013 steelers 37. Lions 27

gingi79
12-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Ken, is this the beginning of other player exclusive contracts for your company? Just curious

KGoldin
12-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Ken, is this the beginning of other player exclusive contracts for your company? Just curious

If there are key players on key teams that I can sign to reasonable deals that assures authentic game used items can be made available to the collector in a highly controlled environment, with contracts for the season, and affidavits for every item, then yes it is possible 2014 I will add a couple key names.
Am I Going to go out on a rampage and sign 10-20 players to deals, no. If the right deal presents itself that makes financial sense I certainly will look at it. I learned from my score board days not to go out and try to sign the world. A couple key football players would be nice, especially from teams where authentic game used has been difficult in the past to acquire.

I also can only work with players who understand and will honor the terms of an agreement, and agents who will stay on top of them to do so.

gingi79
12-06-2013, 07:27 PM
If there are key players on key teams that I can sign to reasonable deals that assures authentic game used items can be made available to the collector in a highly controlled environment, with contracts for the season, and affidavits for every item, then yes it is possible 2014 I will add a couple key names.
Am I Going to go out on a rampage and sign 10-20 players to deals, no. If the right deal presents itself that makes financial sense I certainly will look at it. I learned from my score board days not to go out and try to sign the world. A couple key football players would be nice, especially from teams where authentic game used has been difficult in the past to acquire.

I also can only work with players who understand and will honor the terms of an agreement, and agents who will stay on top of them to do so.

Based upon the integrity this post shows, I wish you the best of luck.

helmets
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Looks like he may have traded another one...

KGoldin
12-08-2013, 04:49 PM
So I heard
I need someone to email me a picture of that please if you can screen capture to ken@goldinauctions.com

KGoldin
12-08-2013, 05:03 PM
So I heard
I need someone to email me a picture of that please if you can screen capture to ken@goldinauctions.com

thank you
got photos I need

Hoshal13
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Was that who traded with Mike Wallace?

MarlinsFan1993
12-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Ken maybe this means you will end up with a Wallace jersey from this game instead. Not a horrible trade (I mean that sincerely as a Dolphins fan).

Would have been interesting to see had Brown scored that miracle touchdown if he still would have been inclined to trade jerseys with Wallace :rolleyes:

Anabolicollege17
12-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey Ken after my Dolphins beat up on the Steelers today (and Brown luckily stepped out of bounds "Wipes seat off of head") He swapped jerseys with old Team mate Mike Wallace. Can you try to get that jersey? Or do the jerseys he swaps every week with the other teams #1 W/R go on his wall at home? Is he swapping every week to provide to you? Just curious thanks.

KGoldin
12-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey Ken after my Dolphins beat up on the Steelers today (and Brown luckily stepped out of bounds "Wipes seat off of head") He swapped jerseys with old Team mate Mike Wallace. Can you try to get that jersey? Or do the jerseys he swaps every week with the other teams #1 W/R go on his wall at home? Is he swapping every week to provide to you? Just curious thanks.

I am going to be talking to his agent tomorrow about the swap with Calvin and Wallace , and that wilco me up as a possible resolution

Anabolicollege17
12-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I think its cool if hes getting you other players jerseys. Because now that you have the rights to him you can get his jerseys easily.

But man had he not stepped out of bounds today (which he had so much room to not step out) and he traded that jersey, it would have cost you probably 5k lol

BU54CB
12-08-2013, 10:19 PM

If you read the first post of this thread, Ken indicates he and Brown have an exclusive agreement for all of Brown's game used items. Therefore, Brown should be trading none of his game used items to other players, otherwise he's violating their agreement.

KGoldin
12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
If you read the first post of this thread, Ken indicates he and Brown have an exclusive agreement for all of Brown's game used items. Therefore, Brown should be trading none of his game used items to other players, otherwise he's violating their agreement.

Correct

Steeleraddict
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Anabolic are you serious that you think he was trading jerseys to get Ken a Wallace jersey or being sarcastic? Or you dont know. I'm being genuine. Wallace is an ex teammate and that never occurred to me other than for his own wall.
Just like bu54 said, the agreement I read was that Ken was to get browns jerseys not to see who brown could get after the game. Also, why would it cost him 5k? I would think the contract has a set predetermined number, not based on the game played. Just asking because I've never heard of agreements based on how your thinking. It's an interesting idea though. Hmm.
I guess anabolic your thinking of a variable market agreement? Just made that term up. I'm not an MBA so just wondering. Thx
Whether you don't know or being passive aggressive, my opinion is that brown is not honoring his agreement. Simple as that.

Hoshal13
12-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Anabolic are you serious that you think he was trading jerseys to get Ken a Wallace jersey or being sarcastic? Or you dont know. I'm being genuine. Wallace is an ex teammate and that never occurred to me other than for his own wall.
Just like bu54 said, the agreement I read was that Ken was to get browns jerseys not to see who brown could get after the game. Also, why would it cost him 5k? I would think the contract has a set predetermined number, not based on the game played. Just asking because I've never heard of agreements based on how your thinking. It's an interesting idea though. Hmm.
I guess anabolic your thinking of a variable market agreement? Just made that term up. I'm not an MBA so just wondering. Thx
Whether you don't know or being passive aggressive, my opinion is that brown is not honoring his agreement. Simple as that.

I take it as $5,000 meaning a game winning jersey would bring Ken more money at auction than a loss. Especially as memorable as that TD would have been.

Anabolicollege17
12-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Steeler I didn't know.

Anabolicollege17
12-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I take it as $5,000 meaning a game winning jersey would bring Ken more money at auction than a loss. Especially as memorable as that TD would have been.

Exactly. I don't know what there agreement is. I wouldn't comment about that. I was commenting about what the jersey would have fetched had he gotten the TD.

And about trading the Wallace I know he's not supposed to trade his jerseys away as they have a contract. Being that the idiot receiver traded it to Wallace, that jersey should now go to Ken. The guy keeps breaking contract on Ken and he should have to cough up that Wallace to him.

KGoldin
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM
He's going to have to cough up a lot more then that

Anabolicollege17
12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
And I already know what his agent is going to say. He's going to say the snow and wetness of the game made the jersey to heavy so Mr.Brown had to change jerseys to keep warm, and not feel like he's wearing a bowling ball on his back. So Ken will most likely get the first half jersey again. And the Agent will say it was a necessary thing to do, due to the in-climate weather. You guys all see where I'm getting this from correct?

Steeleraddict
12-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Gotcha. Either way he did Ken wrong. As a Steeler fan, disappointed. I'll chalk it up to that brown got carried away with an ex-team mate and forgot. Most likely not tho since he traded with clavin. Maybe his agent hasn't made it clear to brown.

Here's a ? Do u guys really pay a premium for a jersey where he scored a td? If it's a record setter maybe but otherwise how beat up it is matters more to me. And what premium would u pay? I wouldn't pay an extra two grand.

RMoody
12-08-2013, 11:37 PM
As a former athlete that had similar agreements to event used items, it's unacceptable practice from Brown.

You sign an agreement that states you solely provide items to one party, that's what you do. Apparently Ken was at least understanding if not forgiving with the first "issue". The issue should have been addressed then and the seriousness of the matter should have been realized.

Yet here we are, weeks later and not only are we viewing the same situation, it's viewable on national TV?

The problem here is simple, it undermines the contact Ken has an essentially taints the items he has and has the potential to falsify value of items.

Now when your buying these items, you have to question is this the cleats, gloves, jersey worn the whole game or did he swap out halfway though?

My contract was pretty simple, my equipment was owned by another group and it wasn't mine to sell , trade or give away.

Personally, I hope Antonio and his agents see this entire thread. What he is doing is nothing more than pure ignorance rooted in greed. If he wanted to continue to trade jerseys (which is perfectly fine) then you don't sign the line.

Anabolicollege17
12-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Moody you don't think their going to pull the Weather card on this one? I think it makes perfect sense for them to do this. Oh it was blizzard conditions so the jersey was cold and heavy for Brown to continue wearing during the second half. I know its breaking contract, but they will say the players comfort is top priority. What do you think Ken?

KGoldin
12-09-2013, 12:46 AM
It wasn't too cold for him to take his jersey off and hand it over to someone other then ME.

Phil316
12-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Saw this picture

Phil316
12-09-2013, 01:34 AM
All kidding aside though some guys just do not get it or don't care to get it.

Phil316
12-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Moody you don't think their going to pull the Weather card on this one? I think it makes perfect sense for them to do this. Oh it was blizzard conditions so the jersey was cold and heavy for Brown to continue wearing during the second half. I know its breaking contract, but they will say the players comfort is top priority. What do you think Ken?

It cannot be that cold for them i do not see hard nipples :eek:

Anabolicollege17
12-09-2013, 01:48 AM
It wasn't too cold for him to take his jersey off and hand it over to someone other then ME.

haha great point. But the heaviness factor will probably be brought up. Second half it had stopped. 1st half it was a blizzard. Oh and I love all the experts that said Miami can't play in the snow :D

helmets
12-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Something about the phrase "Worn during the first half against..." turns me off...

This only means two jerseys per game and future trades in the tunnel...

ousooner_85
12-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Something about the phrase "Worn during the first half against..." turns me off...

This only means two jerseys per game and future trades in the tunnel...

Agreed.....looks like the ol' iron clad photomatch will still be in play with all his stuff. I was gonna say I can't believe Brown would do this again but obviously he or his agent doesn't care nor get it.

BU54CB
12-09-2013, 10:02 AM
haha great point. But the heaviness factor will probably be brought up. Second half it had stopped. 1st half it was a blizzard. Oh and I love all the experts that said Miami can't play in the snow :D

Do you really think that the jersey was that heavy? For someone that's been singing the praises of the new Nike jerseys, you're saying this?
I have trouble believing that Brown came in at halftime and said "I need a new jersey, this one is soo heavy I can't play in it anymore.

BU54CB
12-09-2013, 10:05 AM
As a former athlete that had similar agreements to event used items, it's unacceptable practice from Brown.

You sign an agreement that states you solely provide items to one party, that's what you do. Apparently Ken was at least understanding if not forgiving with the first "issue". The issue should have been addressed then and the seriousness of the matter should have been realized.

Yet here we are, weeks later and not only are we viewing the same situation, it's viewable on national TV?

The problem here is simple, it undermines the contact Ken has an essentially taints the items he has and has the potential to falsify value of items.

Now when your buying these items, you have to question is this the cleats, gloves, jersey worn the whole game or did he swap out halfway though?

My contract was pretty simple, my equipment was owned by another group and it wasn't mine to sell , trade or give away.

Personally, I hope Antonio and his agents see this entire thread. What he is doing is nothing more than pure ignorance rooted in greed. If he wanted to continue to trade jerseys (which is perfectly fine) then you don't sign the line.

In my opinion, I think Brown is getting caught up in the moment, I don't think its blatant ignorance or greed, he's probably keeping the Wallace jersey because its his former teammate.

I think Brown is getting caught up in the moment and doesn't think about what he's doing and how his actions impact his agreement with Ken. I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to put myself in his position.

If Calvin Johnson said "lets trade jerseys" do you really think Brown would say "I'd love to, but I have an agreement and can't trade any of my game jerseys." He should say that, but again, caught up in the moment IMO.

Anabolicollege17
12-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you really think that the jersey was that heavy? For someone that's been singing the praises of the new Nike jerseys, you're saying this?
I have trouble believing that Brown came in at halftime and said "I need a new jersey, this one is soo heavy I can't play in it anymore.

After seeing his freaking armor like pads NO! I mean I've seen lineman wear less pads lol. As being someone who played college football in snow I know what its like to have a wet jersey on. And the brand of jersey has nothing to do with it.

Anabolicollege17
12-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Bu5 players swap at half time a lot due to sweat soaked jerseys. They get extremely heavy. Do me a favor. Take a game worn jersey into the shower with you, wet it and then weigh it. Its probably 10 pounds. As to maybe 1-2 pounds when dry. You would be surprised how much this is done in the NBA as well. Just ask around the forum, its a known fact.

BU54CB
12-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Bu5 players swap at half time a lot due to sweat soaked jerseys. They get extremely heavy. Do me a favor. Take a game worn jersey into the shower with you, wet it and then weigh it. Its probably 10 pounds. As to maybe 1-2 pounds when dry. You would be surprised how much this is done in the NBA as well. Just ask around the forum, its a known fact.

I don't need to wear a game worn jersey in my shower, to suggest that would ruin the integrity of a game used item anyway, probably not a smart idea.

Secondly, I've play hockey all my life, I'm well aware what sweat and liquid do to a jersey. Jersey brands and material used to construct it do make a difference, I assure you. I don't know of any jerseys that hold 10 pounds of liquid, that's a gallon and a quarter of liquid.

BU54CB
12-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I am going to be talking to his agent tomorrow about the swap with Calvin and Wallace , and that wilco me up as a possible resolution

Ken, curious if you'll be able to share the resolution on the thread? I'm interested to see what comes of all this.

KGoldin
12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Ken, curious if you'll be able to share the resolution on the thread? I'm interested to see what comes of all this.

100%

5toolplayer
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Saw this picture

thats stone cold Phil :D

Phil316
12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
thats stone cold Phil :D

:p

Nnunnari
12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
If Calvin Johnson said "lets trade jerseys" do you really think Brown would say "I'd love to, but I have an agreement and can't trade any of my game jerseys." He should say that, but again, caught up in the moment IMO.[/quote]

I agree. When Calvin or Wallace ask to trade jerseys after the game, he's going to do it. Brown tells himself, I'll just pay Ken whatever I owe him for violating my contract. He's not going to tell the guys sorry, I can't trade. If he is the one initiating the trades, then he obviously can care less about his agreement.
The player has all the leverage in this situation. If Ken tries to go after him, why would any player sign with Ken after that?

mbenga28
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Brown is doing Ken and the fans a favor by making his game used items available not the other way around. Whatever he's getting through this partnership is probably chump change in the grand scheme of things with his NFL contract and endorsements. You should consider taking down this thread, if Brown sees it and doesn't like the negative publicity he might spread the word to other players to be wary in dealing with Goldin.

KGoldin
12-09-2013, 03:30 PM
If Calvin Johnson said "lets trade jerseys" do you really think Brown would say "I'd love to, but I have an agreement and can't trade any of my game jerseys." He should say that, but again, caught up in the moment IMO.

I agree. When Calvin or Wallace ask to trade jerseys after the game, he's going to do it. Brown tells himself, I'll just pay Ken whatever I owe him for violating my contract. He's not going to tell the guys sorry, I can't trade. If he is the one initiating the trades, then he obviously can care less about his agreement.
The player has all the leverage in this situation. If Ken tries to go after him, why would any player sign with Ken after that?[/quote]

Players and especially their agents are more sophisticated then you think
I famously sued Kobe Bryant (yes, my company was the one to sue). I have gotten many deals since that date.

Takuleechch
12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Infamously you mean....

Dewey2007
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I guess this one violates the terms of your contract too:

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=89802

Nnunnari
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
You had every right to sue Kobe and other players understood where you were coming from. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever sue players for violating their deals with you.
In this case however, I believe it would do more harm than good.

KGoldin
12-09-2013, 05:55 PM
His agent has a link to this thread, and is reading it.
With that in mind, I will go on radio silence and hope the rest of you do too, and when the situation is resolved to my satisfaction, I will post the outcome.
thanks

Takuleechch
12-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't like these deals that a player has to give everything to an auction house. I mean he signed the contract and it's not Kens fault but I feel a player should be able to give his jersey to whoever he wants.
Again it's the players fault for signing the contract but maybe he wasn't thinking when he signed it lol

Phil316
12-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't like these deals that a player has to give everything to an auction house. I mean he signed the contract and it's not Kens fault but I feel a player should be able to give his jersey to whoever he wants.
Again it's the players fault for signing the contract but maybe he wasn't thinking when he signed it lol

Please read Ken's post and show some respect.

Takuleechch
12-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Please read Ken's post and show some respect.

What are you on about man? We can't comment cause someone's reading it? I can't say my opinion until I get permission? It's a forum bro
Please read my post and show some respect

kellsox
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Ken made this post to advertise his deal with the player. The game used community has more than a right to discuss this situation as it plays out. Don't see how/ why ken can tell people to stop the dialogue. Maybe he jumped the gun in advertising his deal before the kinks were worked out. Sounds like there will be more brown jerseys out there than originally expected.

Steeleraddict
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
But factors have changed so I think Ken has the right to ask anythingnhe wants ofnthis thread. If u think about it, it may be mutually beneficial for all to honor his request.

Takuleechch
12-09-2013, 09:51 PM
So can any of us forum members say please don't talk about something we don't want spoken about?
This is a forum. No one is being attacked on this thread. Why can t we state our opinion? I get it - people wanna get there Goldin discounts but this thread is for the benefit of all of us

Phil316
12-09-2013, 10:15 PM
So can any of us forum members say please don't talk about something we don't want spoken about?
This is a forum. No one is being attacked on this thread. Why can t we state our opinion? I get it - people wanna get there Goldin discounts but this thread is for the benefit of all of us

I am not interested in a Goldin Auctions discount. I am interested in a situation that unfolded between a prominent member in our circle's dealing with an athlete. It's not about anything else. I wasn't trying to be rude to you, just thought some common courtesy was in order. How many people come on here and share this kind of experience with us? Not many.

gingi79
12-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Ken claims he has a contract with Antonio Brown for his game used stuff. For the second week, Antonio ignored this contract and "traded" gamers with well known WR's. Tony gets a Megatron jersey and a Wallace Fish jersey, yet Ken gets cheated out of his contracted jerseys.

Nothing on this site indicates Ken is a cheat/forger/liar. That means Tony has AGAIN stolen a pre-purchased jersey and gifted it to another player.

Takuleechch
12-09-2013, 10:38 PM
I am not interested in a Goldin Auctions discount. I am interested in a situation that unfolded between a prominent member in our circle's dealing with an athlete. It's not about anything else. I wasn't trying to be rude to you, just thought some common courtesy was in order. How many people come on here and share this kind of experience with us? Not many.

So I can't say my opinion? It was a general opinion. this is a forum, a discussion forum.

beantown
12-09-2013, 11:58 PM

Anabolicollege17
12-10-2013, 01:00 AM
What are you on about man? We can't comment cause someone's reading it? I can't say my opinion until I get permission? It's a forum bro
Please read my post and show some respect

Leech you've don't nothing bout try to down Ken in every way possible. These members sticking up for Ken are 100% in the right. Ken please ignore the ignorance and please still fill us in on the conversation you have with his team.

Takuleechch
12-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Leech you've don't nothing bout try to down Ken in every way possible. These members sticking up for Ken are 100% in the right. Ken please ignore the ignorance and please still fill us in on the conversation you have with his team.

Please quote me where I've tried to bring Ken down. I've never said anything bad about ken or Goldins auctions.

All I said was I think these players don't think before they sign these contracts. I also said he signed the contract so should honor it

Again, please show me where I've "done nothing bout try to down Ken in every way possible." Cause a personal attack like that is not acceptable at all

onlyalbert
12-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Hello All.
I just wanted to let you know that one of my businesses, Goldin Sports inc, has an exclusive agreement with Antonio Brown of the Steelers for all of his game used items in the 2013 season. This is for every game of the 2013 season. Each item is signed and inscribed by him with the following information
'game used : date of game: vs team ' with signature.
Each jersey comes with the tape applied by equipment manager after the game with game information.
Each item comes with an affidavit hand signed by Antonio. Each item is unwashed.
At the end of the season we will get his helmet he wore for all 16 games.

The Sept 22 game vs CHI 9 catches, 196 Yards 2 TDs game equipment (jersey, gloves, cleats) will be available in the Goldin Auctions January catalog, which opens up for bidding Jan 13th.
Others will be auctioned off or sold privately in the future. Most games are available. Everything is of course photo matched and player direct.
We all know how difficult Steelers game used equipment is, and Antonio is the best player on the Steelers this year, top 5 in yards and receptions.
Look for these items or email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

Ken, any chance this type of agreement might spill over into baseball items?

allstarsplus
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
In football, changing jerseys at halftime is a common occurence. I brought this up several years ago when JO had the Redskins contract.

Jersey trading goes on all the time between players and sometimes the transactions aren't what they appear. Most trades happen back in the clubhouse area and not out on the field. This is why photomatching is essential. Some players do trades to get them for themself, friends, family, agents, charitable endeavors, etc.

Some of these players trade jerseys and might not be collectors on 1 side of the transaction. Maybe Calvin Johnson does the approaching because he's a collector, the other player may not be and did the trade based on a request and wanted to oblige and took the other players jersey in exchange.

I have no idea of the situation and circumstances of how Mariano Rivera got all of the the jerseys he auctions, but look at all the star jerseys and items Mariano Rivera auctioned off recently on Steiner.

Then you have the situation where a player/ex-player might be selling jerseys for money like Curt Schilling did last year or some do it because they are downsizing, or a myriad of other reasons.

I just recently picked up some other players jerseys from a retired player. The jerseys were acquired 7 years ago and it wasn't a matter of the player trying to flip items.

Flamechicken
12-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I guess this one violates the terms of your contract too:

It's one thing for a player to give away their jersey after a game, but this is something completely different. NFL Auctions must have a separate contract with the player/team involved.

Mike

Dewey2007
12-10-2013, 04:43 PM
That's what I was thinking too. This jersey was sent to NFL Auctions by the team who had no idea he had a contract with Ken or it was sent to them before the contract was signed since the game was played in September? Purely speculation of course but this was the only thing that made sense in the case of this particular jersey.

It's one thing for a player to give away their jersey after a game, but this is something completely different. NFL Auctions must have a separate contract with the player/team involved.

Mike

Takuleechch
12-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Read Kens post and show some respect you guys

Dewey2007
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Ooops, my bad...

Read Kens post and show some respect you guys