PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Cano Seattle Mariners jerseys on sale already

metsbats
12-05-2013, 08:10 PM
http://www.paragonsports.com/shop/en/Paragon/majestic-athletic-mlb-seattle-mariners-robinson-cano-replica-jersey-mens

This is funny. Talk about trying to get ahead start on the competition.

Wonder why they couldn't get a photo of one yet.

sox83cubs84
12-05-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.paragonsports.com/shop/en/Paragon/majestic-athletic-mlb-seattle-mariners-robinson-cano-replica-jersey-mens

This is funny. Talk about trying to get ahead start on the competition.

Wonder why they couldn't get a photo of one yet.

This reminds me of a scene at some Midwestern card shows in the late 70s/early 80's. A card dealer from Michigan, convinced that Vida Blue was going to the Reds (and such rumors existed at the time) went through a contact with Rawlings and had an "authentic" (but obviously not GU/GI) Reds home jersey with BLUE and 40 on the back.

Dave Miedema

yankees506
12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
wow::mad:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/12/06/robinson-cano-mariners-10-years-240-million-agreement-jay-z-yankees/3890419/

yanks12025
12-06-2013, 11:27 AM
He's nothing but a greedy player just like everyone else. I hope he enjoys losing for 10 years and never winning another world series ring. Also his stats will hurt in that park.

yankees506
12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
He's nothing but a greedy player just like everyone else. I hope he enjoys losing for 10 years and never winning another world series ring. Also his stats will hurt in that park.

its sad as a die hard cano collector to agree with this statement

BernBabyBern
12-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I agree. Greed is deadly. I could see LA or TX. But Seattle????

maverick14
12-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I agree with you guys that he's greedy, stats will hurt, and all that stuff.
But really at the end of the day baseball is a business and I doubt any of us would have left $70 million on the table so I don't blame the guy.
As somebody who has about 20 Cano bats, most high-end, I won't be crying about losing money on them because I didn't acquire them with the intentions of making money--I enjoy them no matter.
However, I also don't plan on paying the Yankees premium for future bats if I do buy any as I'm sure prices will drop.
Good luck to him, I'm just glad we don't have another crap contract on the Yankees to hold us down for the next 10 years.

yankees506
12-06-2013, 12:16 PM
marnier #22 cano jerseys on sale monday

BernBabyBern
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I know he went for the $$$$.
But take a look at the proposed line up. Robbie what were you thinking???

Roady
12-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Cano never hit 20 hr's in a season until the new Yankee Stadium was built. That short right porch helped him a lot.

I have a feeling that his HR totals are going down.

cjclong
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
When we say "who would have left $70million on the table" remember he was offered $170million by the Yankees. What is he going to do with the extra $70million he can't do with the $175million? With that kind of money you have to hunt up ways to spend it. Unless he plans to start a charity to feed the starving people in this world he'll never have a need for all that extra money. As someone said, "How many yachts can you water ski behind at one time?" Most people in this country will be hard pressed to make a million in their entire lifetime. If someone wins a lottery of $5million that's a big deal, which is about a 5th of what Cano will earn each and every year. Obviously he has the right to play anywhere he wants for whatever he can get. But I often wonder how much of it is ego? Pujols signed with the Angels for a few million more a year than St Louis offered him. The St Louis fans loved him. Do you think he is happier now with the Angels and his extra millions than he was in St Louis?

gingi79
12-06-2013, 07:15 PM
I cannot believe you blame him for signing this contract. $24 million a year for a decade? He has been a part of numerous great teams but that kind of money to play a child's game? How can you be mad? Who the hell wouldn't sign that deal?

yanks12025
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Honestly I would take the Yankees offer instead of going to the M's but that's just me.

Phil316
12-06-2013, 11:45 PM
You can pencil in Willie Bloomquist in that lineup as well. I have a feeling Seattle is not finished spending. They only have 2 players signed beyond 2014 (Felix and Cano) for like 50 million. They have some good trade chips as well.

3arod13
12-07-2013, 06:28 AM
I cannot believe you blame him for signing this contract. $24 million a year for a decade? He has been a part of numerous great teams but that kind of money to play a child's game? How can you be mad? Who the hell wouldn't sign that deal?

When talking about the kind of money these guys make, I would have taken the Yankees deal and played for a team that has a better chance winning championships!

3arod13
12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
When talking about the kind of money these guys make, I would have taken the Yankees deal and played for a team that has a better chance winning championships!

However, guess you can't leave 90 million on the table (70 million in Salary and another 20 million in taxes)

Roady
12-07-2013, 12:30 PM

Not to mention the money he could have made in enforcement deals being one of the faces of the Yankees.

Roady
12-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I mean endorsement....I can't type today at all.

tella27
12-07-2013, 03:35 PM
When he signed that contract winning wasnt his first priority it was 100% money. I'm not a Mariners fan (other than liking their jerseys) but who's to say they aren't going to be contenders. Look at the A's and the Pirates, they were once the RAC of the league but now they are true contenders.

Then again if everyone just assumes the team is going to suck no matter what he's making a ton of money with no pressure to win.

Phil316
12-08-2013, 02:48 AM
http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2022420240_mariners08xml.html#.UqP2PBEV2Rx.twitter