PDA

View Full Version : Nice segment on showtime 60 minutes sports on game used

KGoldin
12-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Brandon Steiner did a great job as did Michael Posner of MLB regarding authentication and control of modern game used items.

Troy Kinunen did a great job regarding authentication of older items, as well as discussing fraud in the business.

Derek Jeter and Mariano River were interviewed as well and put a positive outlook on game used (as opposed to saying 'its stupid')

I think the take away is know the source, do your homework, but it was NOT a hatchet job on the industry and will not scare people away from this type of collectible.

if you haven't seen it, check your local listings as it replays later tonight, and I am sure a few times on showtime this week.

well done

Roady
12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :)

tella27
12-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Brandon Steiner did a great job as did Michael Posner of MLB regarding authentication and control of modern game used items.

Troy Kinunen did a great job regarding authentication of older items, as well as discussing fraud in the business.

Derek Jeter and Mariano River were interviewed as well and put a positive outlook on game used (as opposed to saying 'its stupid')

I think the take away is know the source, do your homework, but it was NOT a hatchet job on the industry and will not scare people away from this type of collectible.

if you haven't seen it, check your local listings as it replays later tonight, and I am sure a few times on showtime this week.

well done

Saw it tonight - great segment

gorilla777
12-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Yep, actually pretty well done. It was nice to see that it didn't go on the attack and use it as a hatchet job on the industry for once.

beachpetrol
12-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65bcinavU8

beachpetrol
12-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Found this one too, as an added bonus....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsf8DFCSXug

mbenga28
12-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Is this in reference to the Kobe facemask when he called those bidding "dumb enough to buy that sweaty mask?

Steeleraddict
12-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Very interesting. Thanks.

Question...who's the guy being arrested by the FBI at a card show, (the national?)? Here's wearing a purple Minnesota Vikings polo shirt in handcuffs, still picture. At that time they're talking about the dealers getting arrested. Wonder if was josports or the other two that just got arrested.
Thanks

Steeleraddict
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Just got sentenced. Not arrested. That was awhile ago.

nickacs
12-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Very interesting. Thanks.

Question...who's the guy being arrested by the FBI at a card show, (the national?)? Here's wearing a purple Minnesota Vikings polo shirt in handcuffs, still picture. At that time they're talking about the dealers getting arrested. Wonder if was josports or the other two that just got arrested.
Thanks

Steve Jensen, Vintage Authentics in 2011 at the Nationals
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/126795703.html