PDA

View Full Version : Jo Sports Co Rip???

net0@thehalf
12-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Can anyone confirm that JO is done? I know a member commented about their website being gone but has anyone called over there? Are you happy or sad about this? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences good or bad!!!

JDubbs73
12-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Website has definitely been taken down. I have not tried to contact them, but I did receive a marketing email from one of their sales reps yesterday.

mbenga28
12-04-2013, 09:15 AM
I wonder what Jarrod's plans are after he gets out. Will he still stay in the game used business or become a real estate agent or insurance broker?

abstractheory
12-04-2013, 10:41 AM
As far as I was concerned, as soon as they lost the Broncos' contract, they were already done..... I truthfully didn't even realize they were still operating, to be honest. Most teams have moved on, so I did too.

COWBOYS4EVR
12-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Both Phone Numbers Disconnected.
There Ebay Account Is Still Posting Items For Sale As Of
This Morning.
Messaged Them To See If Phone Number Was Available To
Contact At This Time - No Response Yet

mickeymbz
12-04-2013, 05:24 PM
[quote=net0@thehalf;342161]Can anyone confirm that JO is done? I know a member commented about their website being gone but has anyone called over there? Are you happy or sad about this? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences good or bad!!![/quote

NFL gamers scarce now... at least it was a place you could get game used nfl stuff... now its dryer out there than a +40yr old chick.. will you prob know dat already since were the same person

bxbomber13
12-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Will a Jo Sports coa bring down the value on gamers?

net0@thehalf
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Possibly it will if you cannot definitively photo match the piece in question. A wise man once told me its not what you know it's what you can prove!!! People in the know wont be the problem, it will be the select uneducated few or the ones looking to score your piece and down play what it is and cast a shadow of doubt over it to steal it at 50% off or more... everyone's looking for the deal of the century on the cheap. As long as you know what you have that's really all that matters. a JO coa isn't worth the paper it's printed on but your homework and proof positive facts are undeniable... hopefully you have the team coa signed by the equipment managers that most pieces came with except towards the end of there run!!!

Anabolicollege17
12-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Bx all their newer stuff is all real. If the item is older then you may have to do more research. But i know for sure their newer contracted items 2007-12 are mostly all real with no worries. This was when they got major contracts and such from many teams.

cohibasmoker
12-05-2013, 06:20 AM
I wonder what Jarrod's plans are after he gets out. Will he still stay in the game used business or become a real estate agent or insurance broker?

Insurance agent? He'd be OK there - he can sell Obamacare

nycpropain
12-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Bx all their newer stuff is all real. If the item is older then you may have to do more research. But i know for sure their newer contracted items 2007-12 are mostly all real with no worries. This was when they got major contracts and such from many teams.

While I understand your point to say this is a bit irresponsible. No one knows their inside dealing and to be honest I wouldnt trust them as you dont know where those COAS are right now and whats being done with them. Sorry if I seem negative but to be honest I cant trust a company whom the head at one time faked game used jersey who now has a pile of COA's and bank accounts dwindling.

RMoody
12-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I consider myself very lucky, dealt with them past and present with only one issue. I purchased a Laron Landry jersey that was sent with a Donovan McNabb COA and Hologram. Never heard back or got a replacement, the Landry thankfully was able to be photomatched.

That said, the COA they provide in my opinion devalue the jersey unless again your able to match it.

The initial return to Ebay was difficult for them. I was able to buy several (well researched) gamers of above average players for below market value.

It's like most other things in this hobby, prolly shouldn't be buying to make money because it rarely happens. If your happy with the item, that's all that matters.

Have a friend buy some questionable NFL gamers from JO, he wear thems to games. He paid a fraction of the cost of a real jersey, his main complaint is the tags they transfer in to code the team and date of use itches.

nickacs
12-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Possibly it will if you cannot definitively photo match the piece in question.

Agreed. Again, doesn't matter if the jersey is coming from NFL Auctions themselves or ANY reputable auction/3rd party, DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Yes, I purchased 2 NFL jerseys from JO, but before I did, I photomatched both just to be sure.
I was interested in one of their Ray Lewis jerseys from, I think, 2010 season but it had been washed with no photomatch possibility. Funny, is I think this same jersey is on their Ebay page right now! However, they did get another Lewis jersey in (black alt one) and I was able to photomatch it very easily and purchased it.

But as Mick said, it's pretty dry out there! NFL Auctions and maybe Goldin/Hunt auctions are the best places to find true game worn NFL jerseys these days.

Steeleraddict
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Bought some complete uniforms from them, while on the phone parts (gloves,cleats) didn't match. But the helmet, jersey did. This was about 2 yrs ago. So there is no time period by my experience in which you can be sure. Not all fake, not all real. Again, some parts were def legit. Take from it what you will.
From AH's etc I still need a photo match unless the provenance is impeccable.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
12-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Will a Jo Sports coa bring down the value on gamers?

DEFINITELY!!! Me personally, I'd rather NO COA at all than one of those JO COA's that say "GAME WORN DURING **** SEASON…"
But that's just me...

sox83cubs84
12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Insurance agent? He'd be OK there - he can sell Obamacare

LMAO!:p :p :p

Dave Miedema

Anabolicollege17
12-05-2013, 11:37 PM
While I understand your point to say this is a bit irresponsible. No one knows their inside dealing and to be honest I wouldnt trust them as you dont know where those COAS are right now and whats being done with them. Sorry if I seem negative but to be honest I cant trust a company whom the head at one time faked game used jersey who now has a pile of COA's and bank accounts dwindling.

Yeah he must be so depressed. He went from on top of world like Dice Clay to a has been bankrupt dealer. Just goes to show people who want to get into the hobby as a wholesaler, its not worth it to forge. He wasn't even forging jerseys from teams towards the end. It was forging he dead years prior that came back to bite him.

Hickory Dickory Dock Jo Sports was once on top, the clock struck twelve, there bucks dun fell, and the company plummeted straight to hell! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

Mattapan03
12-05-2013, 11:40 PM
I had a major auction house deny my 100% legit A-list gamer because it was sourced from JO.......so there you go

Roady
12-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Yeah he must be so depressed. He went from on top of world like Dice Clay to a has been bankrupt dealer. Just goes to show people who want to get into the hobby as a wholesaler, its not worth it to forge. He wasn't even forging jerseys from teams towards the end. It was forging he dead years prior that came back to bite him.

Hickory Dickory Dock Jo Sports was once on top, the clock struck twelve, there bucks dun fell, and the company plummeted straight to hell! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
I can't tell if you are mad because his business was lost or because others will never trust his coa's again.
Whichever it is I can tell you that his actions, no matter how long ago they were, are still his actions. He chose to cheat and lie. He chose his path for the love of money and it came back and bit him. He can blame nobody else but himself.
I don't feel sorry for him at all. We all choose to be honest or not and we shouldn't cry about it, or have others cry for us, when our dishonesty catches up to us.
I don't feel for him, I feel for his victims who spent their money based on his lies.

jetersbatboy
12-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Man, I wish I started reading these JO sports threaders a couple weeks ago. I don't collect football, so never paid attention to any JO threads. From my last understanding of them, they where a highly trusted company. Now I find myself bidding on a JO sports authenticated item in the latest SCP auction, that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm a big Farve fan, and wanted a ball that was used by and signed by him. So I bid on this ball http://catalog.scpauctions.com/BRETT-FAVRE-10-3-2005-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-GAME-USED--LOT26845.aspx. Thinking with a picture of Favre signing and a reputable company like JO vouching for its game use, I had a winner. Now to read how JO sports forged items, I don't have a confidence in there COA. I'm not sure what to do now.

RMoody
12-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Man, I wish I started reading these JO sports threaders a couple weeks ago. I don't collect football, so never paid attention to any JO threads. From my last understanding of them, they where a highly trusted company. Now I find myself bidding on a JO sports authenticated item in the latest SCP auction, that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm a big Farve fan, and wanted a ball that was used by and signed by him. So I bid on this ball http://catalog.scpauctions.com/BRETT-FAVRE-10-3-2005-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-GAME-USED--LOT26845.aspx. Thinking with a picture of Favre signing and a reputable company like JO vouching for its game use, I had a winner. Now to read how JO sports forged items, I don't have a confidence in there COA. I'm not sure what to do now.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Players usually don't write dates on stuff unless they have helped keep track of it.

If nothing else, you have proof of Brett signing that ball that are undeniable. So I would maybe restrict my bidding to just a signed and inscribed football.

This item is alot more of a tangible look at what people tend to avoid, "use" that's going to be nearly impossible to photo match, a loose ended "practice or event" used COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261348140453

Granted that jersey could be 1000% authentic but it's something myself and alot of other collectors would stay far away from.

ivo610
12-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Favre got caught forging his own items a few years back.

Hoshal13
12-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Favre got caught forging his own items a few years back.

Are you referring to the 36 1994 throwback Favre jerseys the Packers made for grey flannel back in 1998?

ivo610
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Are you referring to the 36 1994 throwback Favre jerseys the Packers made for grey flannel back in 1998?

No, that was a packers oversight

Anabolicollege17
12-07-2013, 02:36 AM
I can't tell if you are mad because his business was lost or because others will never trust his coa's again.
Whichever it is I can tell you that his actions, no matter how long ago they were, are still his actions. He chose to cheat and lie. He chose his path for the love of money and it came back and bit him. He can blame nobody else but himself.
I don't feel sorry for him at all. We all choose to be honest or not and we shouldn't cry about it, or have others cry for us, when our dishonesty catches up to us.
I don't feel for him, I feel for his victims who spent their money based on his lies.

Wait if you think I'm the slightest mad about it, you read my post all wrong. I could care less to be honest. Every jersey I bought from JO a direct team COA was given with it. Not a Jo sports. But yeah dude I'm not mad at all lol