PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Redsfest Friday and Saturday

EricTheRed44
12-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Hello

I have never been but am heading to the Redsfest Friday and possibly Saturday. I'm not exactly sure what I want to buy, but may end up buying some game bats. Are the prices about the same as they are at the authentics booth at the game or are they more expensive/better deals?

I purchased a few jerseys earlier this year (Davis, Casey, Harang and Rolen) but for some reason bats seem to entertain me more and dont bore me as much as a jersey.

Any useful info about game used items at Redsfest would be nice.

Thanks
Joe

dplettn
12-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello

I have never been but am heading to the Redsfest Friday and possibly Saturday. I'm not exactly sure what I want to buy, but may end up buying some game bats. Are the prices about the same as they are at the authentics booth at the game or are they more expensive/better deals?

I purchased a few jerseys earlier this year (Davis, Casey, Harang and Rolen) but for some reason bats seem to entertain me more and dont bore me as much as a jersey.

Any useful info about game used items at Redsfest would be nice.

Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe

Last year I would say that prices were comparable to Reds Authentics during the season. In all cases, the Reds Authentics business benefits the Reds Community Fund paying for the outreach programs, etc. So, many of us are comfortable with where the money is going, etc.

There may also be mystery bats/balls. Jay Bruce in particular breaks a lot of bats so you might get lucky with that and get a great price if you are comfortable in advance having a bat at a low price for a good cause without knowing in advance who used it. I know some did get lucky last year.

Have a great time.

Also, if you increasingly focus on in the bats direction, I'd be thrilled to talk about acquiring a Davis jersey from you. A good friend of mine got one and seeing his really planted the bug in me.

Best
Dan

EricTheRed44
12-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info Dave! I am actually wimping out with the weather and not going ..... BOO. So I may go tomorrow but I assume all of the nice stuff may be sold today? So I may just have to wait until next year.

I actually sold my Davis jerseys a couple months ago. I got a price I couldnt refuse on one of them and the other I just sold because for some reason jerseys dont do it for me like bats do. I have a nice game worn hat from 96 if you have any interest. It has 27 Sharpe on the back and has tons of stains on the inside, along with his number and name written inside. The writing on back is in tribute to his friend Mark Sharperson who passed away.

Thanks again for the info. If you go, drive safe!

Joe

EricTheRed44
12-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Joe

Last year I would say that prices were comparable to Reds Authentics during the season. In all cases, the Reds Authentics business benefits the Reds Community Fund paying for the outreach programs, etc. So, many of us are comfortable with where the money is going, etc.

There may also be mystery bats/balls. Jay Bruce in particular breaks a lot of bats so you might get lucky with that and get a great price if you are comfortable in advance having a bat at a low price for a good cause without knowing in advance who used it. I know some did get lucky last year.

Have a great time.

Also, if you increasingly focus on in the bats direction, I'd be thrilled to talk about acquiring a Davis jersey from you. A good friend of mine got one and seeing his really planted the bug in me.

Best
Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the heads up on the mystery bat. I actually bought a well used Frazier bat (for way too much).... then I grabbed a box. Inside the box? Game used... Frazier bat. The bat was actually used in the 1 game playoff against the Pirates. I got greedy and bought another. Well used Hannahan bat but not sure if its from game or not.

Thanks for the advice. Ended up with a pretty nice bat. Will have to get it auto'd maybe... I left around 1pm, it started getting crowded and I was carrying the three bats.

Take care
Joe

dplettn
12-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Dan,

Thanks for the heads up on the mystery bat. I actually bought a well used Frazier bat (for way too much).... then I grabbed a box. Inside the box? Game used... Frazier bat. The bat was actually used in the 1 game playoff against the Pirates. I got greedy and bought another. Well used Hannahan bat but not sure if its from game or not.

Thanks for the advice. Ended up with a pretty nice bat. Will have to get it auto'd maybe... I left around 1pm, it started getting crowded and I was carrying the three bats.

Take care
Joe

Glad it worked out well, Joe. Wish I'd gotten a chance to meet you. Up until the poker tourney I was very focused on whatever my eldest kid wanted to do all day. BTW, Jack Hannahan and Todd Frazier both outlasted me in the poker tourney. A fellow forum member told me a hilarious story about Hannahan and one of the non-player poker players tonight who apparently was clueless about the ball players. Hope he'll chime in here and share the story first hand.

With both Frazier and Hannahan I think you'll find they'd both enjoy the opportunity to autograph your bat. Both are well-spirited with Reds fans. Next year, sign up for the tourney. Benefits the Reds Community Fund as well and several of the players are tremendous company there.

On the Davis items you might be open to selling, please shoot me an e-mail at plettner at fuse dot net. Would enjoy to see pictures. Honestly, I'm not sure without seeing it whether it would invoke an interest or not.

Best,
Dan