PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Ellsbury signs with the Yankees

metsbats
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
7 years 153 Million

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/jacoby-ellsbury-yankees-reportedly-agree-to-seven-year-deal?ymd=20131203&content_id=64376208&vkey=news_mlb

chakes89
12-04-2013, 01:46 AM
That should end well. lol

emann
12-04-2013, 01:58 AM
In contrast, Ellsbury's Sox tenure = 6 years, 21 Million total.

Aside from the injuries, he's been a great leadoff hitter and I would have liked to see him stay in a Sox uniform... but not for anywhere near that deal.

Can't say Cashman didn't do anything this time around, but they're taking on some heavy backend commitments for a couple peak years.

sox83cubs84
12-05-2013, 10:55 PM
From one overhyped East Coast team to another. I wonder how many worthy stories ESPN ignored to squeeze the life out of this story. NEXT....

Dave Miedema

kellsox
12-06-2013, 12:45 PM
From one overhyped East Coast team to another. I wonder how many worthy stories ESPN ignored to squeeze the life out of this story. NEXT....

Dave Miedema

Name one story A key member of 2 World Series championship teams signs a rediculous contract with his former teams rival signaling the end of canos tenure with the Yankees. Yea...they shouldn't spend much time covering that story, especially in the midwdle of the week. Eyes rolling.

Roady
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
So whats the deal with his 2011 season? Really raises red flags when a single digit HR hitter hits 32 suddenly.

sox83cubs84
12-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Name one story A key member of 2 World Series championship teams signs a rediculous contract with his former teams rival signaling the end of canos tenure with the Yankees. Yea...they shouldn't spend much time covering that story, especially in the midwdle of the week. Eyes rolling.

I didn't say ESPN SHOULDN'T cover it...I agree it's a major story. But even a staunch East Coast Bias proponent such as yourself would have to admit that the Mothership gave far more attention to this story because Cano left the Yankees than if Cano, with the same longevity and stats, had left the Giants, or the Orioles, or the White Sox.

Dave M.