PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teixeira 2005 Rangers jersey Ebay auction

Roady
12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281219432348&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
Item # 281219432348

First let me say that this jersey may be 100% legit, I don't know. I am only passing on this info because of the misleading description and the fact that the seller keeps changing his story.

Friend of mine sent me the correspondence he had with the seller about this jersey. Just thought I would pass it along to any potential buyers since he is not a member here and can't post.
The seller claims in the description it has a MeiGray tag. My friend contacted Barry at MeiGray and they said it was a Rangers tag and they stopped working with the Rangers in 2004.
When he contacted the seller the seller then claimed to have bought the jersey directly from the Rangers.

Here is the email from Barry at MeiGray:

That is not a MeiGray tag, that is a team tag applied by the Rangers.
Our last season working with the Rangers was 2004, so I cannot give you any information on that jersey, which is not registered in our database.

Sorry. Barry at MGG

Here are the Ebay correspondence between the seller and my friend:

Dear donsgarage1921,

Hi,
I wrote to MeiGray and asked about this jersey and this was their response.
Barry Meisel

10:23 AM
to me
Hi ****,

That is not a MeiGray tag, that is a team tag applied by the Rangers.
Our last season working with the Rangers was 2004, so I cannot give you any information on that jersey, which is not registered in our database.

Sorry. Barry at MGG

Dear ********,

Jersey is 100% game used and was purchased from the Rangers

- donsgarage1921

Dear donsgarage1921,

So, no answer?
The jersey may be game used but you need to get your stories straight. It can't be a MeiGray jersey and you obviously didn't purchase it yourself from the Rangers or you wouldn't have claimed it had a MeiGreay tag.
I would straighten out the auction description and stop digging my hole deeper.

Dear *******,

You have no clue what your talking about!!! I purchased the jersey from the rangers in 2006 through mlb auctions. They don't give loa's with auction purchases. I called the rangers after purchasing the jersey to ask what the tag was and they told me it was a MeiGray tag. Everything is 100% correct in my listing! Get a life instead of trying to police eBay because you have no clue what your talking about...

- donsgarage1921

Roady
12-03-2013, 12:05 PM
The seller says that he doesn't give out LOA's because my friend asked him if he had a Rangers LOA since he claimed to have purchased it from the Rangers. I forgot to add that correspondence.

This is the correspondence I left out.

Dear donsgarage1921,

So what about your claim of having a MeiGray tag?
Do you have a coa from the Rangers?

Roady
12-03-2013, 12:07 PM
And this is the description on the Ebay auction in case he changes it.

"Mark Teixeira game used worn 2005 Texas rangers jersey autographed yankees auto shows tons of use... Great auto.!!! MeiGray tag"

CollectGU
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Some additional information on these tags. It seems that the Rangers continued to use them. I would feel more comfortable that this jersey has the swatch in it. However, I think that the tagging is for a cool base which the Rangers began using on blue alternates in 2007(i'm sure Rangers collectors would know if this is correct). That would also correlate with the first two numbers in the swatches signifying the year which I theorize might be correct as the Meigray jersey swatches all started with "04"

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=46222&highlight=Kinsler

Roady
12-03-2013, 05:08 PM
It may just be a case of the seller not knowing what he has. But 3 different stories about it doesn't boost ones confidence in the item.

Phil316
12-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Not sure what happened but the seller donsgarage1921 already sold the 2 Yankee's jerseys, Dawson jersey (best offer accepted for 250.00), the Teixeira (offer accepted at 250.00) and the Manny Glove (best offer accepted 350.00). Yet all are being re listed. Maybe the same buyer backed out.

Also notice how the Yankees jerseys are being marketed yet all show heavy use on the tags.:eek:

Roady
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Good catch. A lot of pro cut jerseys and a Teixeira jersey that the seller can't decide how he got it.
And if he got it from MLB auctions, as in his third story, then where is the MLB hologram?

Something just doesn't smell right about it.

Phil316
12-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Something just doesn't smell right about it.

I agree.

sox83cubs84
12-03-2013, 09:35 PM
It's a shame the seller has created so many stories about the acquisition. The jersey, from what can be seen in the photos, stands a very good chance of being legit, but the confusion created by the seller is scaring buyers off.:mad:

Dave Miedema