PDA

View Full Version : George Brett 1970's H/B gamer(?) on ebay (#8737080782)

ghostkid
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Here's a heads-up to all forum readers regarding the George Brett bat currently running on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8737080782&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The seller describes this bat as a game used bat from the 1970's. The markings on the bat further pinpoint it's manufacturing timeframe as 1977-79. Here's the problem - according to the bat player charts available at www.gameuseduniverse.com (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com), George Brett did not order any M110 model bats during the late 1970's. His first order of M110 bats was in 1982, according to the info available at GameUsedUniverse.

Thank you to Vince Malta and the info provided about H&B bat orders. Without this info I would have placed a significant bid - no I'm not going to place any bid at all.

Kevin

Yankwood
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
And once again another ID kept private auction. What is the advantage in this type of auction to anyone other than the seller?

trsent
12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
And once again another ID kept private auction. What is the advantage in this type of auction to anyone other than the seller?

I always come up on the wrong end of this debate, but I list most of my auctions as private also these days. Why do I want people to be able to email my bidders and offer to sell to them a similar item or even just try to de-fraud honest people?

I also have an issue with people who authenticate an item on eBay without knowing for sure if an item is genuine. I can understand there are bad items on eBay, but I also understand that when I used to list items not private, I often would have bidders telling me about receiving emails from people who were telling them my items were not genuine.

Wait, this would be fine, but at the time I was selling Upper Deck Authenticated Michael Jordan autographed items. I was UDA's leading hobby distributor in the late 1990s and I was selling only their items. How could the items not be genuine? They were the only genuine items on the marketplace.

It was then that I decided to use the private function, and I have used it ever since.