PDA

View Full Version : question about collecting player specific game used.

costas
11-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Is it essential to have a player's jersey when collecting player-specific game used items? My friend brought this up yesterday when I was showing him bats and hit balls of certain players but which I don't have a jersey for. He said a jersey would be the center piece of any collection and other items, such as equipment, would branch out from there. I'm not sure I agree with this but wanted to hear your views.

rufusandherschel
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Is it essential to have a player's jersey when collecting player-specific game used items? My friend brought this up yesterday when I was showing him bats and hit balls of certain players but which I don't have a jersey for. He said a jersey would be the center piece of any collection and other items, such as equipment, would branch out from there. I'm not sure I agree with this but wanted to hear your views.

Personally, I think a batting helmet and batting gloves would 'complement' a bat and ball more than a jersey. Just my opinion though, b/c a jersey would be a nice addition too.

yankees506
11-25-2013, 06:08 PM
In my player collecting I have honestly never felt the need for a jersey. I guess its a preference, for me only bats have really called my attention.

dangerzone79
11-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Completely different person to person. I am completely a bat guy. But I know people who are over the moon about jerseys, helmets, gloves, etc. I gravitate towards mostly because I think they look the best displayed & really feel special when you hold them. Helmets to me seem too bulky to display, same goes for jerseys. But to each his own, which is why this hobby is great... something for everyone.

emann
11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Jerseys & helmets before bats for me... Bats got me into the hobby and I own a number of them but they're not my main collecting focus anymore.

To me, in a nice rounded out player collection, a jersey would be key. Kind of the centerpiece around bats... Jerseys have a certain look that people gravitate to if displayed well. They stand out on a wall from across the room...

Personal preference though, obviously if you don't like jerseys, you don't need to buy one to complete your collection.

PS: I'll take any helmets off your hands Dan.

sportsnbikes
12-04-2013, 02:19 AM
I say collect what you like and who cares what anyone else says or thinks.

dangerzone79
12-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I say collect what you like and who cares what anyone else says or thinks.
Cheers to that! As much as we love posting "wow" items for people to see, we all know we do this because we love it. If I couldn't show anyone in the world my items I'd still be collecting them.