PDA

View Full Version : Another Manning gamer????

beantown
12-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Here we go again...
http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-COLTS-PEYTON-MANNING-GAME-USED-WORN-2005-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ320057038603QQihZ011QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nathan
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm calling you out, Mr "Begnya". Answer me this.

BESIDES the insane short sleeves that we've seen and discredited how many times, explain to me this riddle of science.

"I don't know when it was worn but it does have body odor, dirt, & sweat stains. No grass stains because it was worn indoors at home."

Sir, how on earth can there be DIRT STAINS from a game played on SYNTHETIC TURF?????

jessicawinters
12-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Not defending Mr. Begnya... I might be wrong but I believe artificial or synthetic turf does incorporate some kind of dirt or soil. When players are tackled into the ground, I have seen things bounce up from the turf. I suppose it is necessary so that the turf won't be too slippery.

Nathan
12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
jessica,

What you see are small rubber pellets that are under the turf itself. The original "AstroTurf" was a miniature golf-style surface laid on top of concrete, which is obviously an unforgiving surface. The new synthetics have the turf on a base layer of the same sort of chopped rubber that you see on a track surface.

What happens is that in the first couple years, while the surface settles, the pellets have a tendency to kick up when a foot is dragged, when a ball hits it, etc. So when a player hits it, the pellets may kick up...but they don't stain clothing or anything.

I will say that it's a very nice surface to play on though, much more so than that first-generation turf.

silverschmidts
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Just to follow up on a similar problem (short sleeved Manning) I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, I contacted Historic Auctions to inform them of the sleeve problem on the Manning they have in their auction. I have received absolutely no response at all. So much for the notion that if we contact them using proper channels that they will be responsive.
--Steve

kingjammy24
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
begnya is saying that the jersey he has up for auction is one of these:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5868

clearly it's not any of them.

nathan you're concerned about the dirt stains. frankly, i'd be far more concerned about whose "body odor and sweat stains" is on begnya's jersey.

rudy.