PDA

View Full Version : jdaddy05 strikes again

Birdbats
12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
The mastermind behind the fake ARod helmet is back with a twist. He's trying to sell a Dave Duncan jersey as a Chris Duncan jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-DUNCAN-GAME-USED-CARDINALS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ290057529016QQihZ019QQcategoryZ605 96QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the third time he's listed this. The first auction ended on 11/2 -- the "buyer" was rainmaker47 (0) for $125.50. I e-mailed the seller during the auction to inform him that the jersey belonged to the dad/coach, Dave, and not the son, Chris (who wears #16). No response from the seller.

The jersey then reappeared from the same seller, ending on 11/10 with no bids.

Now it's back again and has a bid. Of course, "No returs (sic) or refunds." Amazing.

TNTtoys
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
I just checked it -- the jersey has 9 bids; high bidder being someone with very limited experience. I suggest that once the auction ends, we contact the high bidder to tell them that they have purchased something that has been misrepresented. This is likely to receive more bids and possibly from different people by the time it is over.

skipcareyisfat
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I also emailed several of his bidders but never heard back from any of them. Of course, he never responds to emails either. Is there any way to notify ebay by phone about all this junk?

Also, it looks like he's now having Pujols's name block printed on generic bats, then adding a "5" on them...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-MIZUNO-GAME-USED-PRO-MODEL-BAT-CARDINALS_W0QQitemZ290057803855QQihZ019QQcategoryZ 50133QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Where's fraudfinder?

bat_master
12-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I emailed the seller as well thought I must admit I wasn't as tactful as I should have been. I more or less asked him how he had the audacity to continue peddling "stuff" like that. No response and it has been nearly a week. I have to say I wasn't exactly holding my breath waiting either. I think it was just more important that he knows that people are onto his scheme.

kcrhino
12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Any time you see that many bids, and all the bidders have very limited feedback, you probably could make a strong case for shill bidding.....I've reported that before to e-bay with little success.

TNTtoys
12-06-2006, 12:56 PM
The best case for a creep like this is to hook in 1 interested party, and then use their multiple "low feedback" alternate IDs to artificially bump up the price and then sell to the poor sucker. This too would explain why multiple emails to the bidders on this item went unanswered.

And you would think ebay has an avenue to deal with things like these -- perhaps a web form that you can fill out and explain WHY you feel the item is an illegal item and be able to provide a reasonable explaination. Instead, they have a "Report an Item" section, where you give them the item number, and they do the rest... with NO SUPPORTING INFORMATION to go by. Anyone ever find a way to overcome this blatent lack of support to the buying community?