PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

yanks12025
11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm curious what collectors here think of fellow collectors/buyers/dealers/etc who try to "backdoor/ruin" your deal. Say for example you buy a item at a good price. But then a fellow collector tells the seller after you and the seller made a deal that they shouldn't sell it for that price and should get more money. Just curious what people here think about others trying to ruin deals and stuff...

And the funny thing is I'm sure most of the time these people who do message sellers after a item sold and says its worth more is only doing it so the other buyer don't get it. I'm sure if they were the one offered the good deal they would take it and not think twice or tell the seller no its worth more.

HawaiiSportsNut
11-22-2013, 05:55 PM
The funny thing is, that the ones who do this are the ones that get mad the most. There have been many times that I just missed out on something that I wanted for my collection & would have paid more for it. Like they say "the early bird gets the worm".

Wrigley2010
11-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I have been on both sides of this fence myself. About two or three years ago a seller on Ebay had a few GU jerseys for sale. Nothing fancy and if my memory serves me correctly they were of Royals players. They were all listed so cheaply that I bought them all as quickly as I could without reading too deeply in to the description. After I purchased them I read further in to the description and the seller stated they were selling their collection to pay for a family members medical bills. After reading that I decided to not pay for them and inform the seller they were worth at least triple what he had them listed for. However, I didn't realize he had sold a couple gamers already and that my comments cost another collector a sweet deal. The seller was gracious for my honesty but I'm sure the other buyer was not happy.

tella27
12-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I've never had this happen to me but I have listed something and sold it before I got done listing my 2nd item. Makes me believe I underestimated the market.